OCI - Chicago Tracker

Today No luck again...Friday is holiday in India...hope they are not preparing for it and sleeping..

called chicago consulate they don't know what's going on. According to them it should only takes a week to dispatch after printing...

That does not help in anything..

there phone is busy most of the times..

called chicago consulate they don't know what's going on. According to them it should only takes a week to dispatch after printing...

That does not help in anything..

there phone is busy most of the times..

I am new here.I received my OCI sterday.
I applied at chicago consulate.
The whole process took exactly a month.

03/17/2011 Order form completed online
03/21/2011 Send OCI application to Travisa thru fedex.
03/22/2011 Received application
03/23/2011 Application and money order processed and application getting ready to go to consulate.
03/24/2011 Application dispatched to consulate from travisa
03/24/2011 Acknowledgement
03/25/2011 Scanned :Granted
03/25/2011 Photo/signature/registration : Granted
04/04/2011 Documents printed
04/13/2011 Documents dispatched to mission
04/19/2011 Documents received at chicago
Documents checked by travisa
04/20/2011 Documents mailed out thru fedex
04/21/2011 Documents recieved in hand.

Hope next week u will surely get some updates.
Wish u good luck..
Thx

Thanks OCI holder , I guess I should give one more week before start calling each and every body in Consulate.. I am afraid that either I have to cancel my travel plan to India or cancel the OCI and loose money.. I really hope status changes next week..

Thanks OCI holder , I guess I should give one more week before start calling each and every body in Consulate.. I am afraid that either I have to cancel my travel plan to India or cancel the OCI and loose money.. I really hope status changes next week..

Once printed,the timeframe to dispatch takes abt maximum 10days is what i noticed in all the other state trackers..
In ur case,becoz of the holidays,i guess,there is a delay..Next week,surely there will be progress..Don't hastily cancel ur travel plan or OCI..
u have almost crossed major stages,so,just hold tight and wait..

My status changed today with Dispatched Date 25-APR-2011. Looks we are there..

What abt your status familygupta?

I have following message on Govt of India web site.. Is this normal?

"Please contact the Mission/Office after 10 days from date of despatch or any day after receipt of documents at the Mission/Office, whichever is earlier.."

Thanks

I have following message on Govt of India web site.. Is this normal?

"Please contact the Mission/Office after 10 days from date of despatch or any day after receipt of documents at the Mission/Office, whichever is earlier.."

Thanks

...when you call them, they won't answer.....mine is more than 10 days over after dispatch date...today i called DC consulate couple of times, but it went to voice mail.....don't know what to do next......i called Travisa, wait time was 44 mts .......i disconnected the line ....

Same here just checked..4/29/2011..Checked status on Travisa but no change yet..So I guess now we need to wait for Travisa's status change :( as they will receive docs from consulate....

Hello Familygupa and Shvik;

We just got our citizenship and following this forum on OCI and surrender certificate very closely. It is extremely confusing. Would u mind sharing how you all did the surrender certificate, then OCI etc via Travisa.

Appreciate yr input.
Thanks
nrsesh

Hello Familygupa and Shvik;

We just got our citizenship and following this forum on OCI and surrender certificate very closely. It is extremely confusing. Would u mind sharing how you all did the surrender certificate, then OCI etc via Travisa.

Appreciate yr input.
Thanks
nrsesh

I did both together OCI + SC thru Travisa, Go to Travisa website and look for OCI reuirements, In OCI you will find details of SC because you need SC or proof of process of getting it(that means you applied for SC). There is a check list of docs. I paid fees by a single bank money order of total $462 ($175 of SC + $ 275 of OCI + $12 Travisa service fee) then I sent them docs by USPS priority mail with certified mail and return receipt. I chose option to pickup documents once they are ready because thru mail is confusing..hope this help and let me know with specific question if u have...

I've been follow this thread and had a question on the OCI:

Once I take my oath on 5/11 in Indianapolis....can I apply for the SC + OCI. I plan to travel in Mid or end of June. If I don't get the OCI in time, can I just apply for a one time entry VISA to India and go for my trip. Will this effect anything. Is there a rule that you cannot get a VIsa when the OCI is in process.

Also for my son & wife, they plan to go earlier, so I was thinking of applying for their SC + OCI and then let it take its time. I will then immedittely apply for their visa to travel to India by end of May. Is that advisable.

Appreciate any inputs. Thanks.

@tgupte...

I'd suggest, apply for US passport and then apply for the surrender certificate. You need a surrender certificate to get a visa to India now. There is a HIGH chance that you may have to withdraw your application for OCI if you're planning a trip to India at the end of June, considering it's already May 1st. It takes about 2-3 weeks for an expedited US passport and 5-7 working days to get the surrender certificate. You'd be spending a month just to get a visa to India.

The processing time starts once your OCI/SC documents leave the Travisa office. Travisa can hold on to papers for as long as 3 weeks due to the backlog of mail.

Be on the safe side, apply for a visa. That way you won't have to waste your money if you need to withdraw the OCI process. Another thing is, there's no rush service for OCI.

You can't have OCI in process and Visa application processing at the same time. In order to process the visa application, you'd have to withdraw the OCI papers.

@tgupte...your timeline is tight...as you see my signature & timeline I haven't received anything yet..I don't think u can make it for OCI...

I did both together OCI + SC thru Travisa, Go to Travisa website and look for OCI reuirements, In OCI you will find details of SC because you need SC or proof of process of getting it(that means you applied for SC). There is a check list of docs. I paid fees by a single bank money order of total $462 ($175 of SC + $ 275 of OCI + $12 Travisa service fee) then I sent them docs by USPS priority mail with certified mail and return receipt. I chose option to pickup documents once they are ready because thru mail is confusing..hope this help and let me know with specific question if u have...

Shvik

Really appreciate your input. Certainly I will be in touch with u when I am in confusion. Thanks again

nrsesh

Guys...Did your status get updated on the dates mentioned or was there one refresh with all the updates. My wifes app was sent to Consulate from Travisa on 4/8/11. No updates till date. Is this normal. Would like to hear from others with a similar time line.

03/27/2011 12:54pm CST Service order form completed online
03/31/2011 6:15pm CST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
03/31/2011 6:16pm CST Outsourcing office has received OCI application, but cannot process further. Application is on hold.
04/07/2011 8:20am CST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
04/08/2011 9:11am CST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate

Guys...Did your status get updated on the dates mentioned or was there one refresh with all the updates. My wifes app was sent to Consulate from Travisa on 4/8/11. No updates till date. Is this normal. Would like to hear from others with a similar time line.

03/27/2011 12:54pm CST Service order form completed online
03/31/2011 6:15pm CST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
03/31/2011 6:16pm CST Outsourcing office has received OCI application, but cannot process further. Application is on hold.
04/07/2011 8:20am CST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
04/08/2011 9:11am CST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate

You should check your status at MHA's website:

/passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp

Add the http in front of it, I can't post the URL as I do not have 15 posts yet.