OCI - Chicago Tracker

CGI has sent back my application of SC+OCI and gave reason we are not accepting on/after March 1st. We need to resend after March 22nd to M/s Travisa Outsourcing...my application was received by CGI on March 1st. :(

OCI Chicago with travisa

CGI has sent back my application of SC+OCI and gave reason we are not accepting on/after March 1st. We need to resend after March 22nd to M/s Travisa Outsourcing...my application was received by CGI on March 1st. :(

Hi Shvik,
Same thing happened to me. My application was sent back by chicago office with the same reason. I have applied to Travisa on the same date. I have not heared any thing yet have you?

Hi Shvik,
Same thing happened to me. My application was sent back by chicago office with the same reason. I have applied to Travisa on the same date. I have not heared any thing yet have you?

I got an email from Travisa of Application received see my signature below.

update

OCI Tracker:
02/13/11 ---- Mailed via FedEx Ground
02/15/11 ---- Delivered Chicago Consulate
02/22/11 ---- Chicago Consulate Acknowledgement
02/23/11 ---- Photo/Signature Scanned
03/08/11 ---- GRANTED
03/08/11 ---- PRINTED
03/16/11 ---- DISPATCHED TO MISSION
03/30/11 ---- RECEIVED AT MISSION

hopefully, Chicago consulate won't take too long to slap on a stamp.

OCI Timeline

I checked on travisa web site , here is my time line so far

03/23/2011 Service order form completed online
03/25/2011 Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
03/25/2011 Outsourcing office has received OCI application, but cannot process further. Application is on hold.
03/29/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.

thanks

I have sent the application to Travisa for my wife on 2/28/11 and do not see any update till this morning 3/31/2011. I emailed them using the online Comments link and received a prompt reply. They indicated that due to the large amount of apps recived it could take 7-10 days to see a status update.

This could be because there were no applications being input from 3/1 when Chicago Embassy stopped and 3/22 when Travisa started.

The whole OCI process sucks terribly starting from the long list of instructions to the crappy application process (Photo reqs and duplicates of all docs with attestations). Even now we are not sure if the app is in the clear after spending 462$ and three hours.

Compare this to new app process for the US passport. It took 10 mins to input the app online and another 15 mins at the post office. Just one copy of my drivers licence and 2 photos was all that was needed!

Last edited by a moderator:
update

OCI Tracker:
03/08/11 ---- GRANTED
03/08/11 ---- PRINTED
03/31/11 ---- Send US Passport to Consulate for STAMP
04/01/11 ---- US Passport was received by the Consulate

hopefully, Chicago consulate won't take too long to slap on a stamp and send the OCI documents back to me.

Is the OCI process with TraVisa still needs to go to India for printing? If it does NOT then it will cut down around 20 days from the process. The Indian visa process with travisa was a breeze, the turn around time was less than a week for a 6 month tourist visa. Hopefully Travisa will be more efficient in OCI.

The whole OCI process sucks terribly starting from the long list of instructions to the crappy application process (Photo reqs and duplicates of all docs with attestations). Even now we are not sure if the app is in the clear after spending 462$ and three hours.

Compare this to new app process for the US passport. . . .

Don't even begin to compare! If Travisa starts doing the OCI with the efficiency with which they do (or, at least, used to do) the visa process, it will be an improvement by a factor of ten or more.

Update: Received an email from Travisa late on 3/31 that the photos were not correct. I think we need a NASA scientist to help us here. Went to Devon and got the photos from Sejal Photo Studio. The person looked like he knew what he was doing. Mailed on 4/1 using USPS on advice of posters here (Thanks...lot cheaper). Hopefully it should be recieved and updated early next week. Will post developments.

OCI Timeline so far

03/23/2011 Service order form completed online
03/25/2011 Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
03/25/2011 Outsourcing office has received OCI application, but cannot process further. Application is on hold.
03/29/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
03/30/2011 Date of acknowledgement
03/31/2011 Photo/Signature Scanned
03/31/2011 Registration Status Granted

thanks

Compare this to new app process for the US passport. It took 10 mins to input the app online and another 15 mins at the post office. Just one copy of my drivers licence and 2 photos was all that was needed!

On the positive side, the Indian systems keeps you on your toes, makes sure you find the the right information from the maze of all the conflicting information, makes you better organized and more accurate (otherwise there will be further delay!!!), keeps you guessing which makes you more patient and tolerant and probably coverts you to a saint (easy way to attain Mukthi!) and finally when the oci/visa arrives you get the elated feeling as if you conquered the mount Everest!!! It won't be even a surprise if someone strips himself (no "herself" here as wives don't bother about mundane things like oci or visa!) naked and runs on the road screaming "OCI...kkka" (like Eureka!).

On the positive side, the Indian systems keeps you on your toes, makes sure you find the the right information from the maze of all the conflicting information, makes you better organized and more accurate (otherwise there will be further delay!!!), keeps you guessing which makes you more patient and tolerant and probably coverts you to a saint (easy way to attain Mukthi!) and finally when the oci/visa arrives you get the elated feeling as if you conquered the mount Everest!!! It won't be even a surprise if someone strips himself (no "herself" here as wives don't bother about mundane things like oci or visa!) naked and runs on the road screaming "OCI...kkka" (like Eureka!).

haha thanks for the laugh!

no update. Does any body know how long does it take for status to change printed.. Registration Status Granted was granted on 03/31/2011

Mine OCI status changed to printed with today's date on it. I hope now it progress through next stage. I have known people whoes printing date keep changing.

update

OCI Tracker:
03/08/11 ---- GRANTED
03/08/11 ---- PRINTED
03/31/11 ---- Send US Passport to Consulate for STAMP
04/01/11 ---- US Passport was received by the Consulate
04/08/11 ---- FINALLY RECEIVED OCI

Took almost 2 month.

Printed date changed to today's date 04/09/2011. I am not sure why it changed. Does it happened to any body else.

Looks like printed date keep changing.

Original printing date 04/08/2011
Next printing date 04/09/2011
Next printing date 04/11/2011

I am crossing my figures..