OCI - Chicago Tracker

I submitted for entire family in Feb 2008 and have not received yet. Called several times, sent many emails to India and Chicago consulate. The online status shows the applications received in Delhi. Did anyone face similar issue? Is there any other email which I can use? I had to buy visa in 2008 and 2009 trip. Planning to go this year too. Please help. I am open to any suggestion.

printing problem

I submitted for entire family in Feb 2008 and have not received yet. Called several times, sent many emails to India and Chicago consulate. The online status shows the applications received in Delhi. Did anyone face similar issue? Is there any other email which I can use? I had to buy visa in 2008 and 2009 trip. Planning to go this year too. Please help. I am open to any suggestion.

Sounds like you might have printing problem, go to the Chicago consulate website, under OCI Documents, click on OCI Card Printing Problem. (sorry don't have the post requirement to post a url(

Sounds like you might have printing problem, go to the Chicago consulate website, under OCI Documents, click on OCI Card Printing Problem. (sorry don't have the post requirement to post a url(

Thank you blueniler for the information and direction. You might be right. I shall try this route and let you know the outcome.

01/10/2011 : Part A online
01/11/2011 : Sent Application via USPS
01/13/2011 : Application received at consulate
01/22/2011 : Date Of Acknowledgment
01/24/2011 : Photo/Signature Scanner
01/30/2011 : Registration Status: Granted
02/1/2011 : Documents Status: PRINTED
02/3/2011 : Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office
02/10/2011 : Documents Received at CHICAGO

I sent our passports on 2/14 and CGI, Chicago received on 15th for my OCI Collection. I did not received till now my passports. Sent e-mail to OCI, no reply for my e-mail. Try to call F...ing dam telephone # proviced in their website, always busy signal.. Any one know how to contact these a..holes to get them by e-mail or phone.

Thanks for your reply.

Checking-in:
02/25/2011 : Part A online
02/28/2011 : Submitted and received acknowledgment in person at the consulate

Good news chicago guys..they are outsourcing this, if you are applying for OCI's who are not hurry wait until 22nd March to better track and service:
Outsourcing of OCI/PIO Card/Surrender Certificate applications to
M/s Travisa Outsourcing, Chicago

It has been decided to outsource the services for processing of OCI card/PIO card/Surrender Certificate applications in respect of the Consulate General of India, Chicago to M/S TRAVISA Outsourcing, Chicago. The outsourcing arrangement in respect of area falling under consular jurisdiction of the Consulate General of India, Chicago (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin) will come into effect on 22nd March 2011. M/S TRAVISA Outsourcing will start to receive applications for all OCI Card/PIO Card/Surrender Certificate from 22nd March 2011.

The Contact details of M/s Travisa Outsourcing are as follows:

M/s TRAVISA OUTSOURCING,
17 North State Street, Suite no. 950, Chicago IL 60602
Phone:1-312-346-2367
Fax: 1-312-346-2930
Email: chicago@travisaoutsourcing.com

Please note that M/s Travisa Outsourcing, Chicago is the only authorized agency for collecting applications for the OCI/PIO/Surrender Certificate services and delivery of the OCI/PIO/Surrender Certificates to the applicants. No other, repeat, No other agency is authorized for this purpose. Please note that after outsourcing, the Consulate will not accept above mentioned applications directly. All decisions regarding granting of above mentioned services remain with the Consulate General of India, Chicago.

Please click on link below for Surrender/Renunciation Certificate procedure (application, documentation requirements and fees etc).
https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/renunciation/homepage
For detailed guidelines on submitting PIO applications, documentation requirements and fee etc. kindly visit the following link:
www.travisapio.com
For detailed guidelines on submitting OCI applications, documentation requirements and fee etc. kindly visit the following link:
https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/oci/homepage

Please note that the Consulate will not directly accept “OCI Card/PIO Card/Surrender Certificate applications” with effect from 1st March 2011.
The outsourcing arrangement will not affect the applicants whose OCI/PIO/Surrender Certificate applications are already under process and received till 28th February 2011.
Important:
OVER 5000 OCI CARDS ARE AWAITING COLLECTION IN THE CONSULATE
The Consulate processed several thousand OCI applications and has more than five thousand OCI cards which are awaiting collection by the applicants. Applicants may kindly check their status online by inserting their US/Foreign passport number and the ‘On-line Registration Number’ or ‘File Acknowledgement Number’ in the link below
https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp
Please arrange to collect the above-mentioned OCI cards as per the procedure mentioned in the “Collection of the OCI documents” tab in our website.
Please note that all the above-mentioned not-collected OCI cards will be sent back to Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi on 1st June 2011.

02/18/2011 - passport received by CGI Chicago for OCI delivery
$20 fee for their mailing fee was paid with the OCI application.
I have not gotten my passport back to date - and they do not reply to email or phone enquiries.
Please keep posting about your case situation.

How long to return passport with OCI at CGC?

02/18/2011 - passport received by CGI Chicago for OCI delivery
$20 fee for their mailing fee was paid with the OCI application.
I have not gotten my passport back to date - and they do not reply to email or phone enquiries.
Please tell me how long it is taking these days for CGC to return your passport?

Finally received Passports and OCI cards back.Whole process completed in less than two months.

Sent to CGI chicago : 01/10/11 by USPS Express Mail.
Received at CGI Chicago : 01/11/11.
Date of Acknowledgement : 20-JAN-2011
Photo/Signature Scanned : 21-JAN-2011
Registration Status : 26-JAN-2011
Documents Printed on :28-JAN-2011
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on : 01-FEB-2011
Documents Received at CHICAGO :10-FEB-2011
Passport received at Chicago : 15-FEB-2011.
Passports received with OCI :04-MAR-2011. ( Almost three weeks Just for OCI stamp :) )

I sent our passports on 2/14 and CGI, Chicago received on 15th for my OCI Collection. I did not received till now my passports. Sent e-mail to OCI, no reply for my e-mail. Try to call F...ing dam telephone # proviced in their website, always busy signal.. Any one know how to contact these a..holes to get them by e-mail or phone.

Thanks for your reply.

I am in similar situation, CGC received my passport on 2/18. They did not respond to my several emails, and don't answer phone. Update us if you received back your passport with OCI.

Hello folks, I picked up the OCI documents from the Chicago consulate. The whole thing took just a little over a month (see signature below). I'm impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
02/14/11: Sent OCI Collection to Chicago Expressmail.
02/15/11: Received OCI, Chicago.
03/05/11: Got our Passports back with OCI stamp from Chicago.

Last edited by a moderator:
update

Consulate: Chicago

Obtained Surrender Certificate/Cancelled Passport: 4 weeks.

OCI Tracker:
02/13/11 ---- Mailed via FedEx Ground
02/15/11 ---- Delivered Chicago Consulate
02/22/11 ---- Chicago Consulate Acknowledgement
02/23/11 ---- Photo/Signature Scanned
03/08/11 ---- GRANTED
03/08/11 ---- PRINTED

hope it moves fast. 3.5 cm picture requirement was a pain in the &^%&^%

Its moving fast and i had my doubts about the pictures, because I had to cut it to the 3.5 cm requirements.

Question: How will CGI send Acknowledgement? and in how many days? I haven't received anything from them yet after I sent my application SC+ OCI!! Appreciate any help..

Question: How will CGI send Acknowledgement? and in how many days? I haven't received anything from them yet after I sent my application SC+ OCI!! Appreciate any help..

If you provided email, they will send you an acknowledgement email with your passport # and the application number for each other the applicant. For me, it was a week after the documents were delivered.

If you provided email, they will send you an acknowledgement email with your passport # and the application number for each other the applicant. For me, it was a week after the documents were delivered.

I appreciate your response. I have provided email ID. Its more than 15 days but haven't heard anything yet :( any suggestions?

I appreciate your response. I have provided email ID. Its more than 15 days but haven't heard anything yet :( any suggestions?

I see that you are also applying for the surrender certificate. I don't know how long does it take for them to send an acknowledgment in that case. However, they will start your OCI once your surrender certificate is complete. I sent the surrender certificate application first and it took them 1 month to send me the surrender certificate.

Please post any concerns in the forum under a new thread and you may get more response than here on the tracker thread.

Consulate: Chicago

Obtained Surrender Certificate/Cancelled Passport: 4 weeks.

OCI Tracker:
02/13/11 ---- Mailed via FedEx Ground
02/15/11 ---- Delivered Chicago Consulate
02/22/11 ---- Chicago Consulate Acknowledgement
02/23/11 ---- Photo/Signature Scanned
03/08/11 ---- GRANTED
03/08/11 ---- PRINTED
03/16/11 ---- DISPATCHED TO MISSION

hope it moves fast. 3.5 cm picture requirement was a pain in the &^%&^%Its moving fast and i had my doubts about the pictures, because I had to cut it to the 3.5 cm requirements.

Another Update