OCI - Chicago Tracker

Indian Consulate sucks. :mad: :mad: No email acknowledgement no reply to email query no response on phone.
How should one check if there is problem with the application or not. Its about 20 days my registration was granted but documents not printed nor dispatched.:mad::mad:

Date Of Acknowledgment 08-FEB-2010
Registration Status Granted On 23-FEB-2010
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at CHICAGO NOT YET

mamty
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Add as Contact

Registered User Join Date:Mar 2010
Posts:1Regarding OCI pictures and chicago consulate still lot of confusion as size mentioned is different from application I did read few post regarding 35mm and standard 2 inches, I was just wondering if still it is good enough to go for 2 inches rather than wasting time for 35mm, any suggestion from the one's who just got granted status recentally , thanks in advance

###############################
I have submitted the 35mm photos.
Registration Granted on 2/23/10 but not yet printed . I already sent the scanned JPEG file and new reference no.
Lets see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine in Feb 1st week. i sent all 2 inch photos (for all four people in my family). No problems with the size. in fact our photos were same we took for our passports.
mamty
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Add as Contact

Registered User Join Date:Mar 2010
Posts:1Regarding OCI pictures and chicago consulate still lot of confusion as size mentioned is different from application I did read few post regarding 35mm and standard 2 inches, I was just wondering if still it is good enough to go for 2 inches rather than wasting time for 35mm, any suggestion from the one's who just got granted status recentally , thanks in advance

###############################
I have submitted the 35mm photos.
Registration Granted on 2/23/10 but not yet printed . I already sent the scanned JPEG file and new reference no.
Lets see what happens.

Regarding OCI pictures and chicago consulate still lot of confusion as size mentioned is different from application I did read few post regarding 35mm and standard 2 inches, I was just wondering if still it is good enough to go for 2 inches rather than wasting time for 35mm, any suggestion from the one's who just got granted status recentally , thanks in advance

2 inch is fine. I sen 2 inch photos for all 4 family members (this was 2 months ago). No problem with scanning and getting OCI. Don't waste time on 35mm

Hello all
We are applying for OCI soon and were wondering if it is worth going personally to the consulate in Chicago to submit forms ( Chicago is a 6 hour drive for us) vs sending by mail. Is there any difference in processing time for an in-person vs postal submission?

Would appreciate any replies

Thanks
kharghosh

Hello all
We are applying for OCI soon and were wondering if it is worth going personally to the consulate in Chicago to submit forms ( Chicago is a 6 hour drive for us) vs sending by mail. Is there any difference in processing time for an in-person vs postal submission?

Would appreciate any replies

Thanks
kharghosh

It's not worth driving 6 hours to submit OCI application - there is no processing time saving by applying in person.

My wife and I are planning to apply OCI cards after becoming US citizens. My daughter is US citizen by birth and has PIO card. We are thinking to apply one family OCI form. Can I do this if we don't have PIO cards and daughther has PIO card? How about fee (2x$275+$145 for daughter and then processing fee)?

Regards,

Dear

My wife and I are planning to apply OCI cards after becoming US citizens. My daughter is US citizen by birth and has PIO card. We are thinking to apply one family OCI form. Can I do this if we don't have PIO cards and daughther has PIO card? How about fee (2x$275+$145 for daughter and then processing fee)?

Regards,

Dear

If u r planning to go to india in near future dont relay on OCI card coz as usual Indian consulate takes hell lot of time.
We had 3 months to get OCI before we go to india but no progress on OCI i think i need to go to consulate and offer some bribe.

Regards,

Dear

Yes, you can apply as one family. 2*$275+$145 would be application/processing fee + whatever Chicago consulate asks for return mailing fee.

Worst consulate ever.
1. No acknowledgement for application even after 12 days of receiving application and $$
2. The phone system does not have any queuing system where you can call and be on hold till your turn. Its always busy and you have to keep trying.
3. No respect for anyone.
If I didnt already book my tickets to go to India, I would never want to deal with them.

I totally agree. It has been 3 weeks since we posted our application. There has been no word from them. They do not answer phones or respond to emails. If anyone's already got their OCI from this consulate recently, it would be great their timelines and the kind of response from the consulate.

Thanks

Another timeline:
04/09/10 : OCI App Mailed to Chicago (USPS Priority Certified Mail)
04/12/10 : OCI App received
04/23/10 : Date of Acknowledgment
04/????? : Photo/Signature Scanned
05/????? : Registration Status Granted
05/????? : Documents Printed
05/????? : Documents despatched from Delhi
05/????? : Documents Received at Chicago Consulate
05/????? : Passports mailed to Chicago Consulate
05/????? : Passports received @ Chicago Consulate
05/????? : Application Granted Confirmation email from Indian Consulate
05/????? : Passports & OCIs mailed by Chicago Consulate
05/????? : Passports & OCIs received from Chicago Consulate

Thanks for your timeline snay. One question- how did they acknowledge receipt? Did they send something in the mail or did they email or call?

Thanks
kharghosh

Kharghosh,
No, no notification of any sort from their behalf. I went to the consulate website and put it case status online enquiri and put in my ONLINE REGISTRATION Number (USACIXXXXXX). There it shows my name and status.
Hope it helps.
snay

Our OCI application was recd. on 03/30 - but no Acknowledgement so far at their website.

I had written to Chicago saying that other offices ack. within a fortnight or so, and here's their reply :

"We have asked to send applications by USPS Express mail or FEDEX so that you have confirmation from them. The time period of acknowledgement is given in the website. Faster acknowledgement and processing is based on the flow of applications. Option of submitting application in person is also given. If there are any deficiencies in the application, we will contact you otherwise send you application back. We know the processing time at all places. Please keep checking the status on-line."

They mentioned about the volume of applications but what they did not mention was their level of efficacy - of course we all are aware of that !!

We just have to wait (eternally), I guess.

OCI check not cashed yet

Mailed OCI forms on March 18th. Documents delivered to the consulate on March 22nd. I don't see acknowledgment on the online system. Tried to reach the consulate by phone and email (via online form) no response. I called bank to see if they cashed my check or not. Looks like they didn't cash the check yet.

Does any one know how long it takes for them to cash the check? Not sure if they even opened my mail or not?

Does any one know better way of contacting these assholes at the consulate office?

Thanks,
Ram

OCI is the last application or the last line to stand in? My life would be so empty not having any application in process... Its been 13 yrs since the first line in Chennai consulate, the standing in line hopefully ends with the OCI line!