OCI - Chicago Tracker

OCI app sent 12/2

I sent my family OCI app on 12/2. According to UPS it was delivered on 12/7. Tried contacting OCI cell , always goes to Answering machine.
Any idea when my app will be opened/acknowledged. Also, if they see problems with the app do they contact us by phone or email?

No not yet. What is the usual time for ack? anybody pls help
Also, uday please update once u get ack

I will update when I hear.. I am kind of worried about the actions being taken by the indian govt and its impact on OCI.. I cant post links yet.. but google this:

"US, UK protest as India gets tough on visas"

Whats worse is that the visas that were issued were from the chicago consulate.. I hope it doesnt delay stuff

How long is process in Chicago

Hello
I applied couple weeks ago (for family of 4). Can you guys share the time it is taking for acknowledgement. When I talked to consulate people they said 8 weeks for ack. Is that true?
Based on some postings in Chicago OCI thread that doesn't seem to be true. but most of the postings are old so I wanted to get a feel for the duration for ack. at this time .
Please help!

OCI application mailed 10th Nov 09
Application received at Chicago Consulate 12th Nov 09

I tried calling Consulate to check on status, but phone is either busy or is routed to voice mail. No response to email. :confused:

Received OCI Application back in return main on 26th Dec 09
Reason:- Application form was printed front and back on one page. They need each application form on separate pages (not front and back) :eek:

OCI application mailed again on 28th Dec 09.
Application received at Chicago 30th Dec 09.

Keeping fingers crossed :)

That sucks pbdin! They took 6 weeks to respond. If you want to call, call them btw 10-11, Also, it helps if you call later afternoon,after 4. I was able to connect couple times using this strategy.

Question about old indian passport:
Do I need to send the indian passport for cancellation before I can send in my US passport for OCI?

Cant they cancel my indian passport and give me the OCI documents at the same time?

Also can anyone comment at what stage, do people get an email back from the consulate?
My status show that documents have been printed, but I havent received any email so far.

udayse
Can you please tell me your timeline. i sent on 12/8 and I haven't gotten ack. yet. Worried. Please share your timeline

Also, did you do a family or indiv app?

Thanks

Timeline:
12/04/09 : OCI App Mailed to Chicago (USPS Priority Certified Mail)
12/10/09 : OCI App received
12/30/09 : Date of Acknowledgment
12/30/09 : Photo/Signature Scanned
12/31/09 : Registration Status Granted
12/31/09 : Documents Printed
: Documents despatched from Delhi
: Documents Received at Chicago Consulate
: Passports mailed to Chicago Consulate (USPS Express Mail)
: Passports received @ Chicago Consulate
: Application Granted Confirmation email from Indian Consulate
: Passports & OCIs mailed by Chicago Consulate (USPS Express Mail)
: Passports & OCIs received from Chicago Consulate

Timeline:
12/04/09 : OCI App Mailed to Chicago (USPS Priority Certified Mail)
12/10/09 : OCI App received
12/30/09 : Date of Acknowledgment
12/30/09 : Photo/Signature Scanned
12/31/09 : Registration Status Granted
12/31/09 : Documents Printed
01/04/09 : Documents despatched from Delhi
: Documents Received at Chicago Consulate
: Passports mailed to Chicago Consulate (USPS Express Mail)
: Passports received @ Chicago Consulate
: Application Granted Confirmation email from Indian Consulate
: Passports & OCIs mailed by Chicago Consulate (USPS Express Mail)
: Passports & OCIs received from Chicago Consulate

OCI application mailed 10th Nov 09
Application received at Chicago Consulate 12th Nov 09

I tried calling Consulate to check on status, but phone is either busy or is routed to voice mail. No response to email. :confused:

Received OCI Application back in return main on 26th Dec 09
Reason:- Application form was printed front and back on one page. They need each application form on separate pages (not front and back) :eek:

OCI application mailed again on 28th Dec 09.
Application received at Chicago 30th Dec 09.

Keeping fingers crossed :)
Date of Acknowledgment is 12th Jan 2010.

OCI status

News from my side

Sent Dec 15
Ack Jan 22
Granted Jan 23
Not printed yet

Family of 4

Took too long because they couldn't find my forms.

OCI processing finished

Got OCI cards/passports ysterday
Sent on 2/9, got on 2/18

Cool. Very efficient Consulate. Very helpful

Regarding OCI pictures and chicago consulate still lot of confusion as size mentioned is different from application I did read few post regarding 35mm and standard 2 inches, I was just wondering if still it is good enough to go for 2 inches rather than wasting time for 35mm, any suggestion from the one's who just got granted status recentally , thanks in advance