OCI card for Newborn

gundas

Registered Users (C)
My son was born earlier this year and we plan on going to India next year and wanted to apply for OCI card for him. Here is my scenario and wanted to know what I needed to submit...

I was born here in the US
Wife born in India and is here on a green card

So it seems I will have to file based on grandparents. Both my parents were born in India and are US Citizens. They both have OCI cards as well which was received earlier this year. What do I need to submit for my Sons OCI card?

My Birth Certificate
My Sons Birth Certificate
My OCI card copies
My parents OCI card copies
Don't have parents old Indian passports as they were thrown out a long time ago
My mom has renunciation cert but my Dad never held an Indian passport so didn't need to get one as he had a British Passport
Don't have their Domicile cert either

Thanks in advance.

My son was born earlier this year and we plan on going to India next year and wanted to apply for OCI card for him.

Here is my scenario and wanted to know what I needed to submit...

I was born here in the US
------Your Parents/Grandparents are or were Indian Citizen? Do you any document to prove that you were born to person (father/Mother, Grandfather) who was or is Indian citizen?
Do you have OCI??

Wife born in India and is here on a green card

So it seems I will have to file based on grandparents. Both my parents were born in India and are US Citizens. They both have OCI cards as well which was received earlier this year. What do I need to submit for my Sons OCI card?

My Birth Certificate (I dont think your BC copy is needed)
My Sons Birth Certificate ( Notarized copy of your son Birth Certificate)
My OCI card copies (your OCI Copy proves that you as a father are of Indian Origin)
My parents OCI card copies( Send it, it proves that they were of India Origin)
Don't have parents old Indian passports as they were thrown out a long time ago----(No need, reply if asked)
My mom has renunciation cert but my Dad never held an Indian passport so didn't need to get one as he had a British Passport.
------- You can send your Mom renunciation cert OR don't send and keep it with you and if they ask then only send because you, your Mother, your Father all have OCI and OCI is given to person of India Origin. You can send your OCI Copy and your Parents OCI Copy and that proves that your son belongs Person of India origin.
Don't have their Domicile cert either
---Not needed as they have OCI
Application Part be should be Signed by both the parents (you and your wife) that you are applying OCI for your Child (Name) and also write your names and both should sign.
Thanks in advance.
wait if others have any tips.

Also do both parents have to have OCI inorder to file for minor? Or is it ok that I am US Citizen (born in the US) holding OCI and my wife is on Green Card?

Also do both parents have to have OCI in order to file for minor?
Or is it ok that I am US Citizen (born in the US) holding OCI and my wife is on Green Card?

It is OK that you have OCI and you have OCI. To be eligible for OCI at least one parent should be OCI holder or Eligible for OCI.