OCI Card : Can I collect it directly from Consulate

at123

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have received all documentation for my OCI application in NY consulate.

1. Can I go and collect the same by physically taking the US passport with me.
2. Will my US passport be stamped with U visa on the same day and delivered the same day.
3. Typically what time should i reach NY consulate to get all activities accomplished in a single day.

Thxs

AT

Hi,

I have received all documentation for my OCI application in NY consulate.

1. Can I go and collect the same by physically taking the US passport with me.
2. Will my US passport be stamped with U visa on the same day and delivered the same day.
3. Typically what time should i reach NY consulate to get all activities accomplished in a single day.

Thxs
Did you check NYC site?
OCI - ARRIVAL DETAILS OF CARD

• The applicant will not receive any letter regarding the OCI status. He should check the OCI status online. There is no need of confirming by phone or by e-mail. After the status shows that the documents have reached the Consulate, the applicant can send in the US/foreign passport by mail to the OCI Cell, Consulate General of India, 3E, 64th Street, New York, NY 10065 [write "OCI VISA STAMPING" on top of the envelope] or come in personally on any working day between 09.15am-10.30am so that the Consulate can issue the OCI card and visa sticker. He should bring along the Indian passport for cancellation if it is not already cancelled (cancellation fee of US$ 20 will apply). The Indian passport will be cancelled and returned to the applicant.

• When coming personally to collect the OCI documents, it is not necessary for all the family members or applicants to be present. One person can bring all US passports on behalf of the family and can submit these at the counter between 09.15am-10.30 am. The passports are returned the same day at 4.30pm after completing the process.

• In case the passports are sent by mail, the applicants should not forget to write their file numbers in their letter. To find out applicant's "file no.", please enter "reference no." here: http://ociindia.nic.in/ociindia/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp

• If the applicant is a PIO card holder, he/she is also required to surrender the PIO card to Consulate.

• Please enclose a self-addressed Express Mail envelope with minimum postage of $18.30. Please write Consulate’s address in the Sender’s column and your own name, address and telephone number in the recipient’s column. It is important to write clearly and firmly so that both the addresses are printed on all 4 foils of the return mailing label.
AT

----------------

I looked at the website today and this information is no longer there. Has anyone tried to collect personally in the last 1-2 days?

Thxs All, the information provided by Ginnu was up on website and was removed by end of day Monday this week.

By the way, I finally ended up posting the US Passport , did that on Monday Feb 14th and got stamped passport with OCI card today. This is from CGI NY.

AT