OCI application SF Consulate - Please help

sgambhir

Hello: I am in the process of preparing my app for OCI. I came to Canada in 1984 (I have my colored citizenship card copy ready). I came to USA in December 1988 to get married (registry of marriage certificate with maiden name, copy ready). Also, a copy of my naturalization in October of 2000. I have prepared a notarized affidavit stating these facts with 2 witnesses signatures.
I have prepared affidavit of Loss of passport. My question is that I do not have my Indian passport, or I-130, or green card. Will this mean no OCI card?
Thanks.

Without any proof of Indian Origin (read cancelled passport), you cannot obtain an OCI card. Can you get copies of current/expired/cancelled passports of your parent(s) or grandparent(s)? If so, you can probably get an OCI that way. Good luck.

Hello: I am in the process of preparing my app for OCI. I came to Canada in 1984 (I have my colored citizenship card copy ready). I came to USA in December 1988 to get married (registry of marriage certificate with maiden name, copy ready). Also, a copy of my naturalization in October of 2000. I have prepared a notarized affidavit stating these facts with 2 witnesses signatures.
I have prepared affidavit of Loss of passport. My question is that I do not have my Indian passport, or I-130, or green card. Will this mean no OCI card?
Thanks.

do you have copy of lost Indian passport?
How did you came to Canada? do you have Canada passport?
how did you came to US? on Indian passport with US visa or with Canadian passport?
When you got married in US then your spouse filed I-485 for you and you submitted the Copy of your Indian Birth certificate. do you have Indian Birth certificate with father or mother name?
What kind of Evidence you can provide that you were born in India and you were Indian citizen?

I sent them copies of my parents cancelled passports (both of them are deceased). They have my 10th grade passing certificate with my date of birth, copies of some land that I own in India. I don't think this is enough. On the tracking website it reads: "Birth Certificate - Unacceptable
The copy of your birth certificate submitted is insufficient. Please submit a birth certificate or any government document from the country of origin that has date of birth, nationality and parents names." What can I provide to fulfill this requirement?

Thanks.