OCI Application mailing

gradhak

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I have done online OCI application and prepared all my documentation back in June 2010. Just before mailing, the surrender certificate thing came. I had to stop this mailing of OCI. Now I got the surrender cert. Can I go ahead and mail the same packed I have from earlier, after I attach the SC or I have to fill the online application again and send it. Please clarify.

Thanks a lot in advance.

gradhak,

Good for you that the SC arrived just in time. You can just include a self-attested photo-copy of the SC with each set of the application. No need to fill in the online application again. No need to send the original unless the consulate/embassy specifically indicates so. I applied for OCI with the NY consulate. I sent just a self-attested photo-copy of the SC. Everything is fine and the OCI has been granted and is on it's way back to the consulate to be picked up.

A related question...I filled in the online app a week ago but the print out is lost. How do I reprint the application that I already filled? I am unable to find a retrieve app link on the site..

Redbaron,
Thanks for the above reply. Just curious, is there a time limit for the online application that we generate? Or once the application is complete, we may mail it anytime?

ardaviraf,
It looks like you need the reference number for sure. I would suggest you to call the consulate to get it or try refilling your information again, that way, may be it will tell you that there is already a filled in appllication available and give you the number. Please try it.

Hopefully you will get the ref number.

A related question...I filled in the online app a week ago but the print out is lost. How do I reprint the application that I already filled? I am unable to find a retrieve app link on the site..

Go to "https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIRegistrationG.jsp", at the bottom of the page is a button "Re-Print Form". This will take you to the duplicate forms page where you enter your online reference number (eg. USANIXXXXXX) and your DOB and a duplicate application will be printed out.

Redbaron,
Thanks for the above reply. Just curious, is there a time limit for the online application that we generate? Or once the application is complete, we may mail it anytime?

gradhak, I am not aware of any time limit. At least, I have not come across any such information. You could get some clarification regarding that emailing Dr. Shetty at "shettybn@nic.in".

Redbaron,
Shetty replied as below. Saying it is better to register again and apply. Not sure what to do??
Dr. B. N. Shetty to me
show details 9:42 PM (1 hour ago)

Better to register fresh and apply

Redbaron,
Shetty replied as below. Saying it is better to register again and apply. Not sure what to do??
Dr. B. N. Shetty to me
show details 9:42 PM (1 hour ago)

Better to register fresh and apply

gradhak, since June is awhile ago and even though the USANIXXXXX number is a unique number, who knows for sure how the whole OCI process works internally. There is no priority and such with the applications. The way I have understood it is that the applications get processed as and when they are received. If it makes you feel better, when I started out filling in the online application, I made mistakes thrice and each time it was a different number and each subsequent number was at least 200 numbers ahead and I at one point began to regret my mistakes while filling it out thinking that there were so many other applicants ahead of me and that I had lost my "early" place in line. After all, I think that it would be just extra typing and hand-filling out information. Personally, I think you should just fill out another application. I think you can salvage the photographs. And look at the bright side-you might even come across an item or two that could be done better. Hope this helps.