• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.
That’s weird I wonder if it shows on their system that you’re e class.

Thanks for checking I do appreciate it.

That’s weird I wonder if it shows on their system that you’re e class.

Thanks for checking I do appreciate it.

It's not exactly a class, there's a separate field called "restrictions". E.g I have a class: D and restrictions: B (must wear corrective lenses).

Is it worth going to the dept of road transportation and getting a copy of my driving history before going over or will most insurance companies like geico etc contact them anyway. Am looking at ways to lower my car insurance.

Geico asked for my NZ driving licence number, tapped a few keys, and pulled up my NZ driving history. Of course, that may not be true for Australian or other Oceania countries. Perhaps Geico shares databases with a NZ company...no idea. I would email Geico and Progressive and ask them if they can access your Australian records. No harm in asking.

I wasnt able to find anyone to take my Australian history, tried Geico, Progressive, State Farm and a few others :-(

I wonder if it’s state dependent Aidyn on the Facebook group I’m in it seems to be pretty hit and miss with insurance companies.
I’ll try geico and state farm.

Something that may be of interest. My wife and I both had Californian drivers licenses that expired in 2002. We went into the DMV today and were able to simply 'renew' them - same numbers and all. We also go the 'Real ID version' that will be useful for travel without needing to carry a passport within the USA...

wow, Washington State states that you have to be a US citizen to get the enhanced ID
But green card is considered "real ID"

Something that may be of interest. My wife and I both had Californian drivers licenses that expired in 2002. We went into the DMV today and were able to simply 'renew' them - same numbers and all. We also go the 'Real ID version' that will be useful for travel without needing to carry a passport within the USA...

For new immigrants unaware of real ID: up till now, normal drivers licenses have been sufficient for ID for internal air travel. Starting October 2020, only “real ID” licenses will be acceptable as federal ID. I would assume that most new applicants for licenses would be submitting the required documents (varies by state), but definitely check that you are. Interestingly the last time I traveled, the TSA guy checking IDs was reminding those without real IDs of this requirement. There are also signs up at the airports and at our local (and I’d presume all) DMVs.

https://www.dhs.gov/real-id-public-faqs

wow, Washington State states that you have to be a US citizen to get the enhanced ID
But green card is considered "real ID"
Any federally issued photo ID is real ID, including global entry cards. DLs are state issued hence the extra need. Wonder why Washington is so sticky about it.

Anyone have a go-to site for reviewing schools/districts? Want to check out schools in the county we want to live, to narrow down our house-hunting efforts. Elementary shools at this stage.

Anyone have a go-to site for reviewing schools/districts? Want to check out schools in the county we want to live, to narrow down our house-hunting efforts. Elementary shools at this stage.
Greatschools.org is the one often used. You can also ask questions in the appropriate city forum on citydata.com forums
You will want to check what middle/high school they feed into. USNews also has a high school ranking as a countercheck to greatschools.