• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.
Anyone got the dv2020 visas and couldn’t travel to USA from Oceania. We got a WhatsApp group to share ideas etc...please let me know so I can add you’s to the group.

Do you know if you have to have been here through a tax return period to get the stimulus check? We’ve been here less than a year. No worries if not, but would be a happy surprise if yes!

I would check with the IRS, but I would say if you have a SSN you will be entitled. This seems to suggest it

Economic Impact Payment Information Center — Topic A: EIP Eligibility | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

However if you have never filed the IRS probably has limited information on you so make sure your address is correctly registered as they need to send you a check I would think. (they just direct debited into my bank)

Hi all, wondering if anyone has been through this previously or has any advice. We have been in the US now for just over 6 months. I have just been offered a contract overseas (not in Aus) for the next 18 months but need to mobilise within 2 weeks which doesn't leave long enough to acquire a re-entry permit. If I was to come back to the US within 12 months for a 2-4 week period and then head back overseas to finish the contract, are we likely to experience issues coming back into the States in 18 moths time?