Obtaining Driver License Question

I think I just leave the old one at home. If they can process, I will go there again next time. If they don't, I don't need to give it to them. :cool:

Texas seems too far away from my city. I'm in Miami.
Thanks for your info :)

Plus how would that work? Wouldn't you have to prove that you are from the Texas state? (bills, bank statements...)

I do not know about Texas, but in VA and others you need proof of being a VA resident (bills, etc,...)

COOL! I planned to go that one as well. See what will happen. BTW your timeline has not been updated since June 07?

Nop. still waiting for the Miami office to schedule the I-130 interview in order to get it approved then come back to court... I have to keep waititng!

There are several DMVs by that area. try them all. I did that ! lol!! and in the last attemp was where I got lucky..

Also.. I though because i am hispanic, there will be "easier" or just "extra help" going with a hispanic DMV clerck... Not true! lol! to the contrary the made feel like an Illegal!...the were right but... so good luck tomorrow!

Nop. still waiting for the Miami office to schedule the I-130 interview in order to get it approved then come back to court... I have to keep waititng!

There are several DMVs by that area. try them all. I did that ! lol!! and in the last attemp was where I got lucky..

Also.. I though because i am hispanic, there will be "easier" or just "extra help" going with a hispanic DMV clerck... Not true! lol! to the contrary the made feel like an Illegal!...the were right but... so good luck tomorrow!

It sounds scary that they made you feel like an Illegal....I dun wanna go thru that...I thought NOA should be the evidence good enough of proving legal!

What happened to your removal hearing? Have you sent I-485 as well?

It sounds scary that they made you feel like an Illegal....I dun wanna go thru that...I thought NOA should be the evidence good enough of proving legal!

What happened to your removal hearing? Have you sent I-485 as well?

I know, with the NOA is some evidence of proving legal for some.. and for others not...:mad:...

Regarding the master hearing. I had schedule a master hearing for september 25th. My attorney filled a "Continuation of case" to the court in order to get more time for the I-130 to be approved. Now they schedule me another master for april 08'. I can not sent the I-485 until the I-130 gets approved. As you can see that's where I am stuck.. Hopefully, I got that approve before the new master hearing, then the attorney can file a petition for a indivudual hearing in order to file the I-485 in court. ..

I know, with the NOA is some evidence of proving legal for some.. and for others not...:mad:...

Regarding the master hearing. I had schedule a master hearing for september 25th. My attorney filled a "Continuation of case" to the court in order to get more time for the I-130 to be approved. Now they schedule me another master for april 08'. I can not sent the I-485 until the I-130 gets approved. As you can see that's where I am stuck.. Hopefully, I got that approve before the new master hearing, then the attorney can file a petition for a indivudual hearing in order to file the I-485 in court. ..

Do you mean the Oakland office which gave you DL made you feel like illegal?

You couldn't file I-485 concurrently with I-130. Was it because you filed the political asylum in the first place and now you have to remove that? It seems like a long journey.

Do you mean the Oakland office which gave you DL made you feel like illegal?

You couldn't file I-485 concurrently with I-130. Was it because you filed the political asylum in the first place and now you have to remove that? It seems like a long journey.

To the contrary, in that office I had no problem at all. The lady told me that with the I-130 NOA was enough that's why she issued me the DL for 2 years..
In the other hand, in the other offices they told me: "You are in the Limbo right now you have no status with that I-130 the can deport you at any time, so bring someting aproved in order to get a DL" wich was truth what they said, but you now what I mean... By the way in the offices where I got that response (similar) the clerck were hispanics just like me!:(

When I filed I-130 My wife filled that as a green card holder, so at that moment we could not send the 2 applications at the same time. And the reason why I could filled after she became citizen was because I m in removal proceedings for the asylum case. Accordinglly to my atorney when and individual is in removal proceedings 1st the need to close that removal in order to file like through everyone else (california, texas or...). In other words the judge at this time is the only one who can let me apply I-485 before him/her. and the judge will not grant me that until the I-130 gets approved by USCIS. Like you said its been a long journey.. specially when I have to pay for college as an international student.:(

To the contrary, in that office I had no problem at all. The lady told me that with the I-130 NOA was enough that's why she issued me the DL for 2 years..
In the other hand, in the other offices they told me: "You are in the Limbo right now you have no status with that I-130 the can deport you at any time, so bring someting aproved in order to get a DL" wich was truth what they said, but you now what I mean... By the way in the offices where I got that response (similar) the clerck were hispanics just like me!:(

When I filed I-130 My wife filled that as a green card holder, so at that moment we could not send the 2 applications at the same time. And the reason why I could filled after she became citizen was because I m in removal proceedings for the asylum case. Accordinglly to my atorney when and individual is in removal proceedings 1st the need to close that removal in order to file like through everyone else (california, texas or...). In other words the judge at this time is the only one who can let me apply I-485 before him/her. and the judge will not grant me that until the I-130 gets approved by USCIS. Like you said its been a long journey.. specially when I have to pay for college as an international student.:(

Hang in there.

I hope things end up working for you.

PEACE

they sounded like to threaten or scare you. I don't think they can deport you with I-130 NOA, can't they? Legally, NOA of I130 should be good enough to get back to AOS legal status. I'm glad finally you get someone to justify your status

If you had filed political asylmn in the first place, would you think you would have a easier procedure by filing all the forms when your spouse became USC? I heard many stores about filing political aslymn and later filing the greencard thur spouse. Many of their cases have been dragged so long. Once you file I-485, will you still be in legal status when you stop school? I know I know the tuition fee for int'l students is breaking the bank

they sounded like to threaten or scare you. I don't think they can deport you with I-130 NOA, can't they? Legally, NOA of I130 should be good enough to get back to AOS legal status. I'm glad finally you get someone to justify your status

Hi, yes, you are right, they were just trying to scare me or just having a good and rasonable axcuse why they did not issue me the DL at that time. However, with a I-130 pending in the worst of the cases the INS still can arrest me, but not deport me until the judge say so. In order to prevent the INS to arrest me is to keep going to the court sitations (for the asylumn) and dont get in any trouble that involve police and furthermore INS..

If you had filed political asylmn in the first place, would you think you would have a easier procedure by filing all the forms when your spouse became USC? I heard many stores about filing political aslymn and later filing the greencard thur spouse. Many of their cases have been dragged so long. Once you file I-485, will you still be in legal status when you stop school? I know I know the tuition fee for int'l students is breaking the bank

Also, another thing you are so right! My case would be so much easier if I didi not filled the asylum application, at that time the situation was hard (one of the reasons I am in this country), also I was not married yet and we (my g/f at that time and me) did not want to marry just to get the papers. We had a relationship from long time so we wanted to do it when we felt ready for that big step! lol (still learning... lol).. Continuin with your comment, if I wasn't filled the application for asylumn after my wife became citizen, we could fille the I-485 right away like everyone else..
SO once I filled the I-485 at the very same moment I get the receipt notice I will be able to pay as an In-state student...

Thanks for youe interest! and good luck in your case!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, yes, you are right, they were just trying to scare me or just having a good and rasonable axcuse why they did not issue me the DL at that time. However, with a I-130 pending in the worst of the cases the INS still can arrest me, but not deport me until the judge say so. In order to prevent the INS to arrest me is to keep going to the court sitations (for the asylumn) and dont get in any trouble that involve police and furthermore INS..

Also, another thing you are so right! My case would be so much easier if I didi not filled the asylum application, at that time the situation was hard (one of the reasons I am in this country), also I was not married yet and we (my g/f at that time and me) did not want to marry just to get the papers. We had a relationship from long time so we wanted to do it when we felt ready for that big step! lol (still learning... lol).. Continuin with your comment, if I wasn't filled the application for asylumn after my wife became citizen, we could fille the I-485 right away like everyone else..
SO once I filled the I-485 at the very same moment I get the receipt notice I will be able to pay as an In-state student...

Thanks for youe interest! and good luck in your case!:)

Keep under radar :D
Your case will eventually get approval soon.:)
I wish luck and both of us will be GC holders soon ;)

Keep under radar :D
Your case will eventually get approval soon.:)
I wish luck and both of us will be GC holders soon ;)

LOL yea! under radar!! hahahaha

thanks for the good luck!! and Iam confident we will be remeber these times later!! BTW everythign happens for some reason, and being in that situation makes you learn and appretiate things that maybe other people don't. :) keeps us informed with your case PLS!