Obtaining Driver License Question

hey guys, I got the DL with NOA today!! It is much easier than I thought of.
I'm v happy:p

Congrats.

I told you the law says NOAs are acceptable, but some agents don't really know, and some others just don't want to deliver them.

Just look at what's happening in NY state. The governor wants anybody to be able to get their DL's but many clerks are protesting and saying that they will not follow the law and still demand proof of legal presence (SSN).

Congrats.

I told you the law says NOAs are acceptable, but some agents don't really know, and some others just don't want to deliver them.

Just look at what's happening in NY state. The governor wants anybody to be able to get their DL's but many clerks are protesting and saying that they will not follow the law and still demand proof of legal presence (SSN).

Thanks Construtus. Your advice and those who replied this thread help me much to get the DL. The DL office took my I-485 to process DL. They didn't ask my SSN. I guess because they have my info already with my old DL.
Now I can't wait to get the physical card by mail and use it for Christmas Las Vegas travel :p

Thanks Construtus. Your advice and those who replied this thread help me much to get the DL. The DL office took my I-485 to process DL. They didn't ask my SSN. I guess because they have my info already with my old DL.
Now I can't wait to get the physical card by mail and use it for Christmas Las Vegas travel :p

Awww that's very good!! I am glad you got that privilege back! enjoy it!:D and wait just a little bit for the green card, so u will be ready! :)

Thanks for your advice davidm992:)
I hope the GC will come quick, but Miami is very slow.
My hubby took 1yr to get citizenship that is longer than most of the average. Therefore I don't expect I will get GC quick. But for the time being, having DL makes everything much easier, at least I can go to Las Vegas!!
Be patient and wait till the music chair turn to us ;)

Thanks for your advice davidm992:)
I hope the GC will come quick, but Miami is very slow.
My hubby took 1yr to get citizenship that is longer than most of the average. Therefore I don't expect I will get GC quick. But for the time being, having DL makes everything much easier, at least I can go to Las Vegas!!
Be patient and wait till the music chair turn to us ;)

I am glad you got your DL back. Propably by now, you are thinking as a really privilege to have it;)

after I got mine expired I did the mistake to keep driving like that. (I though i ad no more options), then I did something else more stup#@. I did not see a U-turn signal, the I got pool over and the officer gave me 3 tickets that day :( 1. for the moving violation, 2 for the expired DL and 3. a "NON US CITIZEN" that ticked is the moment I have no idea what was for, but in addition to that he told me that was a criminal ticket :eek: then after that day I had to take the bus like for a couple of months after got the DL back.. so It is a privilege to have it!
By the way. in order to clear that "criminal ticket" I had to pay an attorney 1000 to clear it because according to him that could affect the immigration process.. Everything concernig that is Ok now!:p

Greencattle Good look in las Vegas!!!! enjoy it and make good $$$ overthere! hahha

Wow, you 'd better be careful. Never make any careless mistake to get involved with the cops again!! They can make whatever excuses to give you tickets and hard time!!
Before my DL expired, I had sold my car right away to keep under radar:D
I'm glad your "non US citizen" ticket has been solved. Your case is really a roller coaster. BE CAREFUL, don't ruin your future!! ;)

Wow, you 'd better be careful. Never make any careless mistake to get involved with the cops again!! They can make whatever excuses to give you tickets and hard time!!
Before my DL expired, I had sold my car right away to keep under radar:D
I'm glad your "non US citizen" ticket has been solved. Your case is really a roller coaster. BE CAREFUL, don't ruin your future!! ;)

Yes my friend! I learned the lesson riding in the roller coaster! LOL!!:cool:

with your NOA you will be able to get a drivers license, remember to go with your passport and i94. Better still, call the dmv you intend to go to, schedule an appt for the written test. you'll be fine goodluck.

with your NOA you will be able to get a drivers license, remember to go with your passport and i94. Better still, call the dmv you intend to go to, schedule an appt for the written test. you'll be fine goodluck.

Thanks for yr advice. I just got the DL a couple of days ago:D