• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Obama or Romney

What a lot of people that live outside the US don't understand is that if they come here, nobody will expect them with open arms and give them jobs, food and a place to live just because.

Do Americans like immigrants? Yes and No. All the big companies want to hire immigrants because of the diversity, but if you talk to your average person on the street, most of them say 'no, the US is already overpopulated, we don't need more people coming in and taking our jobs'.

What a lot of people that live outside the US don't understand is that if they come here, nobody will expect them with open arms and give them jobs, food and a place to live just because.

Do Americans like immigrants? Yes and No. All the big companies want to hire immigrants because of the diversity, but if you talk to your average person on the street, most of them say 'no, the US is already overpopulated, we don't need more people coming in and taking our jobs'.

Wise words... :p For some reason people seem to believe that when they come to usa red carpet will be rolled out for them... when most of the time its exactly opposite and they have to work on low paid jobs like cleaners ect..... when they actually had high positions before they migrated.

I know a lady that taught literature at a university in her home country. She was cleaning rooms with me while I was working part, and studying at university. She cried to think of the life she left behind. It was hard, with her 2 children. Eventually things got easier. They had friends from their country to help them adjust. But still, the first few years are tough.
Waiting to win and Lazder are very right.

I know a lady that taught literature at a university in her home country. She was cleaning rooms with me while I was working part, and studying at university. She cried to think of the life she left behind. It was hard, with her 2 children. Eventually things got easier. They had friends from their country to help them adjust. But still, the first few years are tough.
Waiting to win and Lazder are very right.

yeah ..thats true and this story is for almost all immigrants.Its like a new birth.one has to start from the begining.1st generation of immigrants (like we) always suffer/(make way for their children) but is better for their children if they care for their future.

We migrated from Lithuania to UK, and got well payed jobs here but had to start from cleaners... I wonder with job experience in Uk and Lithuania will we have to start from cleaners in USA?? :confused: cause if we`ll have to, I would struggle to find sense to move to the USA.

It depends on your field. I can only speak for healthcare. If you take the appropriate license exam and pass, then you can work in your field. You may also have to take an English test. It is the same in some other professions too. But if you study something very general, or do not have a University degree you will have to start from scratch.