• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Obama or Romney

Thanks for the explanation, my question is : despite the high rate of unemployement in US, why the US still openinng the DV lottery ??

despite the high rate of unemployement in US
What is ur definition of high??

It would be an understatement to assume that all DV immigrants r going to take the jobs meant for US citizens.How about those who will start businesses & employ US citizens/or those with specialized skills which may be scant witthin the American population?Did u know that 40 Percent of Fortune 500 Companies Founded by Immigrants or Their Children?The objective of the DV lottery is to promote diversity & its minimum requirements do ensure that one is competent enough to succeed in his/her endeavours in the US.In a nutshell,all those "lucky" enough to secure the DV should be accorded the opportunity to realize the American Dream,unemployment issues aside.

hello my friend obby, starting business is not abvious option, u need funding and u need to know the environement , it is not gonna be easy for a fresh immigrant; so basically the big majority of new immigrant will look for a job in an office or store or anything to try to survive in the first three years.

What is ur definition of high??

It would be an understatement to assume that all DV immigrants r going to take the jobs meant for US citizens.How about those who will start businesses & employ US citizens/or those with specialized skills which may be scant witthin the American population?Did u know that 40 Percent of Fortune 500 Companies Founded by Immigrants or Their Children?The objective of the DV lottery is to promote diversity & its minimum requirements do ensure that one is competent enough to succeed in his/her endeavours in the US.In a nutshell,all those "lucky" enough to secure the DV should be accorded the opportunity to realize the American Dream,unemployment issues aside.

You've never been to the US, the reality is very far from what you are saying. You'll see by yourself when you arrive. You'll quickly fall off your pedestal. Specially if you're not from a western country.
It'll be me much easier for your kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've never been to the US, the reality is very far from what you are saying. You'll see by yourself when you arrive. You'll quickly fall off your pedestal. Specially if you're not from western country.

+1

hello my friend obby, starting business is not abvious option, u need funding and u need to know the environement , it is not gonna be easy for a fresh immigrant; so basically the big majority of new immigrant will look for a job in an office or store or anything to try to survive in the first three years.

hello my friend obby
hello to u too:)

starting business is not abvious option, u need funding and u need to know the environement , it is not gonna be easy for a fresh immigrant;
where in this world is anything easy;that's y we're all trying our luck in the US!!!

so basically the big majority of new immigrant will look for a job in an office or store or anything to try to survive in the first three years
maybe so,maybe not.How did u come up with the 3 year figure?

You've never been to the US, the reality is very far from what you are saying. You'll see by yourself when you arrive. You'll quickly fall off your pedestal. Specially if you're not from a western country.

You've never been to the US
how do u know???

the reality is very far from what you are saying
that's ur perspective & u r fully entitled to it.

You'll see by yourself when you arrive
well & good.

You'll quickly fall off your pedestal.
you'll be shocked!!!Given where I am right now,I can only rise:)

Specially if you're not from a western country
???

Its all about the future:):)

kazore said:

If the USA is soo crappy,y r u all still trying to make it over there??:confused:

I have been living in the US for more than 5 years before i get back home, i know very well the country, i have lived the peak of the the financial crisis. I used to have student visa, and I remember even the crisis, i found job offers but I needed to be resident or citizen, they werent able to support my H1 visa with the cut and crisis, so i tried hard but then i quite the country, i refused to stay illegally or get married just for papers because my dignity is so much important for me. Since I quite the US, I become little sick, yes sick inside me, because so many differences between the US and the rest of the world. God gave me another chance to get back, it is a gift from God.

I have been living in the US for more than 5 years before i get back home, i know very well the country, i have lived the peak of the the financial crisis. I used to have student visa, and I remember even the crisis, i found job offers but I needed to be resident or citizen, they werent able to support my H1 visa with the cut and crisis, so i tried hard but then i quite the country, i refused to stay illegally or get married just for papers because my dignity is so much important for me. Since I quite the US, I become little sick, yes sick inside me, because so many differences between the US and the rest of the world. God gave me another chance to get back, it is a gift from God.

Now we're talking,u can call it a lifeline,hang onto it for dear life:p;positivity all the way:):):)

The US may not be a bed of roses but I would rather take my chances stateside & see what's lined up for me.

Cheers.

Man ur CN is so high, when do u expect to have interview ?
I would say June 2013.

Last year,all numbers were current in June ;so far,DV2013 seems to be following last year's trend for the AF region thus we should all hang in there & see what comes up;).

If the USA is soo crappy,y r u all still trying to make it over there??:confused:

Don't get me wrong my friend, I've never said the USA is a crappy country. I'm just saying it is hard for freshly arrived immigrants. Nobody's gonna take you by the hand and help you. Don't expect to find a job where you have to wear a designer suit in a nice skyscraper of Manhattan. For that you need to have had education in the US or to be sent by a company in the US as an expatriate.
But I agree with you you'll have more chances if you create your own business and your positive enthusiasm must be praised.

Don't get me wrong my friend, I've never said the USA is a crappy country. I'm just saying it is hard for freshly arrived immigrants. Nobody's gonna take you by the hand and help you. Don't expect to find a job where you have to wear a designer suit in a nice skyscraper of Manhattan. For that you need to have had education in the US or to be sent by a company in the US as an expatriate.
But I agree with you you'll have more chances if you create your own business and your positive enthusiasm must be praised.

I'm just saying it is hard for freshly arrived immigrants
I concur since everyone prefers their "own".

Nobody's gonna take you by the hand and help you.
Agreed.

Don't expect to find a job where you have to wear a designer suit in a nice skyscraper of Manhattan.
:):)Luckily for me,my line of work doesn't involve dressing up:cool:

For that you need to have had education in the US or to be sent by a company in the US as an expatriate.
I do agree.

But I agree with you you'll have more chances if you create your own business and your positive enthusiasm must be praised
Well said:)

Obbey, my CN is 75000 and your CN is far worst than me lol, when do u expect that we get the second NL and the interview ?

Obbey, my CN is 75000 and your CN is far worst than me lol, when do u expect that we get the second NL and the interview ?

Actually my CN is lower than urs_70XYZ ;105628 just spices up the signature:cool:.

Current_June 2013,interview_July,Aug,Sept(depending).

Renewal of unused H1B

Hi,

I had H1B stamped valid till 2011. I never used it. Can I renew/extend it? What are the steps to follow?

Thanks!

Hi,

I had H1B stamped valid till 2011. I never used it. Can I renew/extend it? What are the steps to follow?

Thanks!
First, you should have posted in the H-1B section of the forum. Second, there's nothing you can do with that expired visa.