Oaths immediately following interview? Does it happen?

easybay

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone been able to take their oath immediately following their interview? Was there any extenuating circumstance that allowed you to do so?

You didn't have to start a new thread for this. A simple forum search for "same day oath" would have brought up several threads with it.

Same day oath is location-dependent. Some offices never have it, other places have it as a standard procedure if the application doesn't require waiting for supervisory review or follow-up documents from the applicant.

Note that if there is any arrest or conviction on your record, your application will automatically have supervisory review before it can be approved for the oath.

Last edited by a moderator:
A simple forum search for "same day oath" would have brought up several threads with it.

Sorry - I have NEVER been able to successfully search anything on this site. Maybe it's me that is simple.

Sorry - I have NEVER been able to successfully search anything on this site. Maybe it's me that is simple.

Easybay,

Jack can offer you an excellent tutorial for searching this thread. Just ask him...lol!!!!!!!! He's that good...

Hi Bobsmyth,

I just remembered that you had got your oath on 10/6 (we had talked about it last year on 10/6 while I was waiting for FP).
Then it occured to me that today is 10/6 too. Congratulation on your 2nd anniverasy and USC.

To OP. I had got the same day oath. No special request. They scheduled me immediately after interview.

easybay it might help if you mention which local office is going to handle your interview.

Hi Bobsmyth,

I just remembered that you had got your oath on 10/6 (we had talked about it last year on 10/6 while I was waiting for FP).
Then it occured to me that today is 10/6 too. Congratulation on your 2nd anniverasy and USC.
Thanks..time sure does fly.

I'll be at the San Jose office.

Oh - and in reply to searching the posts.....it's really tough to sort through them and so many posts are so old they are irrelevant.

I stand by starting the new thread.

But all of these require mailing out oath letter and this scheduling would take a couple of weeks.

There are about 3 posters - just prior to my update posts in the San Jose thread - whose Oath Letters were hand delivered to them at their interview. I can only assume that their Interviews were close to the Oath dates, and the officers were considerate enough to give them the letter for the closer oath date rather than have them wait for the next month. If my dates mirror the other posters - and hopefully the office is ticking along at the same pace, we could potentially be finished by the end of November or early December. (if you are following any of my other posts, I have an 17 year old daughter whose birthday is December 8 - she could be naturalized through us if we managed to get the oath done by her 18th birthday)