Oath letter ...Urgent help please

jitin711

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I am so frustrated to learn that I missed my oath in Los Angeles on 26th Feb and I just got a letter today stating the same.
I kept waiting for my letter but never got one. Not sure what happened in between.

Here is a question for your advice. What do I do now? I am hoping to reschedule it to the earliest date possible. Do you think that USCIS gives hard time in rescheduling? What are the possible issues that I should be aware of?
Any other related advice.

My freakin PO Box...cant trust it anymore.:confused::(

Schedule an Infopass immediately to request a new oath date. Just let them know you never received the initial oath letter.

Schedule an Infopass immediately to request a new oath date. Just let them know you never received the initial oath letter.

Bob..Thanks for the advice. I next available date for me is March 13th. DO you think calling the USCIS will work?

I would schedule an Infopass and go there in person. I don't think talking to customer service over the phone will be so effective. You might try to call them in parallel, but I kind of doubt they will be of much help.

I would schedule an Infopass and go there in person. I don't think talking to customer service over the phone will be so effective. You might try to call them in parallel, but I kind of doubt they will be of much help.

I schedukes an infopass few days ago and I want to get an earlier date. Do you know if we can reschedule it? I only see an option to cancel it. Anyone knows?

I schedukes an infopass few days ago and I want to get an earlier date. Do you know if we can reschedule it? I only see an option to cancel it. Anyone knows?

Write to your local CIS office immediately with the orginal letter you just received attached. State what's happened and request a new oath date in your letter.

To be on the safe side, go to the scheduled Infopass. Also walk-in appointment may be worth a shot. At least, it doesn't hurt your chance.

Bob..Thanks for the advice. I next available date for me is March 13th. DO you think calling the USCIS will work?

Don't bother calling USCIS since they will just tell you to either notify them via Infopass or by mail. If you want to reschedule Infopass, you'll have to cancel existing Infopass and reschedule a new appointment.

This is what the letter states at the end:

You will be notified by USCIS of the new date and time for your rescheduled oath date.

It does not say anything about the 30 days that I have to respond.

I called the USCIS 1-800 number and as many of you who recommended me...that was no help..I just tried to see if maybe it would be of some help.

I am just wondering if the letter would specify 30 days policy in the letter explicitly or is it implicit?

Thanks to all of you for your help

Since the letter has indicated that you will be notified of a new oath date, you are not required to respond to confirm. However, it's a good thing to follow up with the DO via Infopass on a regular basis if you don't get notification of the rescheduled oath.

Since the letter has indicated that you will be notified of a new oath date, you are not required to respond to confirm. However, it's a good thing to follow up with the DO via Infopass on a regular basis if you don't get notification of the rescheduled oath.

Yes Bob...I agree with you and I am thinking of sending a letter also since my Infopass is not until 13th March.

It kindda sucks to wait and watch every single day for the oath letter and finally realize that you just missed one...Hopefully I will get this straightened up soon. I will keep you all posted

Thanks again