Oath Delays !?!?

Hi Sashko ,

appreciate your update

Can you please share how did you get to talk to an IO on the 1800 number ? even after numerous attempts I was not able to get pass the customer service rep , who usually reads stuff of printed material and have no more access to our cases then we already have via the online system ?

Wondering if NSC has a different line / setup as compared to TSC

BR

Taurean77
Hello,

I am waiting too...I have no idea what is going on .A friend of mine, she got the oath notice letter and we have the same court for the ceremony.

here is my timeline:

Here is my timeline,

5/18/2007 - Mailed to NSC
5/21/2007 - Priority/Received Date
5/25/2007 - Receipt Notice
6/1/2007 - Fingerprint Notice
6/26/2007 - Fingerprint Appointment
9/26/2007 - Case Status Retrieval Failed - Disappeared online
9/29/2007 - Interview Letter Notice Received
11/8/2007 - Interview date, Passed ! marked "You passed the tests of English and U.S. history and government" , "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval".

I called 1-800 and spoke with IO and she told me that I am approved, I have been on the list to be scheduled for oath, but I am not yet.

Hi , Does anyone know what is the best series of ''Options'' to choose while calling the USCIS customer service line for best chance of getting to an Immigration Officer ?

I am sorry to say this but you have to basically kiss someones behind. How sad is that. Don't take this wrong now (meaning I am not saying you are not nice when you call) but don't show any signs of frustrations, be really, really, really, really nice and just say you are worried your Letter never got to you because you got a weird Mailman or something. So instead of blaming it on the USCIS blame it on USPS .. lol

Hi , Does anyone know what is the best series of ''Options'' to choose while calling the USCIS customer service line for best chance of getting to an Immigration Officer ?

Does your case number show up online? If not, I've had success in telling the customer service agent that I needed an update on my case as it doesn't show up online and that the last time they transfered me to an IO.

appreciate your responses !

Bobsmyth , it does show online however it never updated , ( still stuck on May 25th , saying that we have received your application ) , no updates on FP / Interview , all of which is already done.

I am going to try this one more time today , was also suggested by someone to contact the local senator office as they can usually get a better update / quicker , am just skeptical if that would be an overkill

Also I am currently in Another city due to work , wondering if it would help to take an infopass to the local USCIS office here ( its the same Service Centre TSC) ,

any suggestions ?

appreciate your responses !

Bobsmyth , it does show online however it never updated , ( still stuck on May 25th , saying that we have received your application ) , no updates on FP / Interview , all of which is already done.

I am going to try this one more time today , was also suggested by someone to contact the local senator office as they can usually get a better update / quicker , am just skeptical if that would be an overkill

Also I am currently in Another city due to work , wondering if it would help to take an infopass to the local USCIS office here ( its the same Service Centre TSC) ,

any suggestions ?

Try calling them and give them a reference number that doesn't show up online(ex: ssc*001408510).(don't worry, you won't get in trouble for trying that ) They will ask you how long it's been since you filed and may try to tell you about processing times..let them tell you all that. Once they finish, tell them that you wanted a more specific update on your case and that last time you talked to an IO. They may place you on hold and then transfer you to an IO.

Let us know what happens.

Tried the cust service number again , however had not much luck getting any more information or getting transferred to IO ( couldn't get myself to come up with a story)

However I can tell you what I did , got the Atlanta Field Office , dialed it , had no option to speak to anyone , pressed a few buttons , found an option to search by last name , had my N652 with officers name , called him , told him I tried the cust service number had no luck , found this Atlanta Field office numbers and his name and hope its not a problem , he was very curteous , I told him that after the interview he told me the expect the OATH letter in 3-4 weeks and I dont have it yet , and worried that it may have been lost in mail due to Holidays Rush etc , he asked me for my A# , looked it up on his system , and told me everything looks fine , and it says it is waiting to be scheduled for OATH , when I asked how long its going to be he said if you don't get something within the next 10 days give me a call back !!

will keep you posted !

Tried the cust service number again , however had not much luck getting any more information or getting transferred to IO ( couldn't get myself to come up with a story)

However I can tell you what I did , got the Atlanta Field Office , dialed it , had no option to speak to anyone , pressed a few buttons , found an option to search by last name , had my N652 with officers name , called him , told him I tried the cust service number had no luck , found this Atlanta Field office numbers and his name and hope its not a problem , he was very curteous , I told him that after the interview he told me the expect the OATH letter in 3-4 weeks and I dont have it yet , and worried that it may have been lost in mail due to Holidays Rush etc , he asked me for my A# , looked it up on his system , and told me everything looks fine , and it says it is waiting to be scheduled for OATH , when I asked how long its going to be he said if you don't get something within the next 10 days give me a call back !!

will keep you posted !

Congratulation, it sound good to you.
I wish I can do this, but since my last infopass, the officer told me my file is under final review, and the first oath in this year is on March.

I think I still need to wait.

Hi Ladybuggy, seems like we are both in the same boat. Just not sure where & how fast this boat is sailing lol.....Looking at your timeline, it almost looks similar to mine.

Sept 2006: N400 filled
Oct 2006: FP Done
Jul 2007: Interview Notice
Aug 2007: Interview Done
(interviewing officer said everything looks ok, Dont Worry you shouldn't have any problems, you should hear from us in 3-4 weeks, N652 decision cant be made at this time)

5 months went by no news

Jan 2nd, 2008: Called USCIS & Inquiry filed
Jan 4th, 2008: Received E-mail confirming that my application for citizenship was approved, USCIS will schedule you for the Oath ceremony as soon as a slot is open.

Jan 9th 2008: Received letter for 2nd finger printing
Jan 16th 2008: 2nd Finger prints done

NOW: Waiting......???? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets keep this thread alive. It appears that no more people receiving Oath letter or becoming a citizen. whats up lately.

Finally got my Oath letter today , scheduled for Feb 6th !

Thanks for all the help and support

Hope you guys get your soon as well !

BR // Taurean77

I could of posted it here but I started a new thread without thinking ... give me a break it is early morning :D

Anyways ... I just called my DO and she said at first without even getting my A# that everyone who got approved is on the list but there is a huge Backlog so I ask her if she can look my A# up because I went for second Fingerprinting and she wrote it down and said she is going to send me something in the mail so I ask her if she can tell it to me over the phone and she said she can not because of privacy act and I said fine, didn't feel like arguing with her ... to early for that .... :eek:

i missed my oath date. so i sent a letter explaining why i didn't show up. how long does it takes to reschedule another date. i don't live in nyc now, and i have a friend who is checking the mailbox for me. so im afraid he may not open the mailbox in the right time. any one knows if there is a way you could know if they send thew letter before it arrives in the mailbox so u can anticipate its arrival.please i need quick answer. look to my timing down and u understand my anxiety. how many days usually between the date u recieve the oath ceremony letter and the oath date

place nyc garden city
filing date 30 oct 2003
ID 8 feb 2005
first oath letter date jan 10 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
i missed my oath date. so i sent a letter explaining why i didn't show up. how long does it takes to reschedule another date. i don't live in nyc now, and i have a friend who is checking the mailbox for me. so im afraid he may not open the mailbox in the right time. any one knows if there is a way you could know if they send thew letter before it arrives in the mailbox so u can anticipate its arrival.please i need quick answer. look to my timing down and u understand my anxiety. how many days usually between the date u recieve the oath ceremony letter and the oath date

place nyc garden city
filing date 30 oct 2003
ID 8 feb 2005
first oath letter date jan 10 2008

So your interview date was feb 8 2005 and you only received an oath date almost 3 years later?? Any reason for long delay? Have you tried calling USCIS for an update on your oath date?