Oath Delays !?!?

Shashko,

I know the place they take oath, but it will be confirmed when I'll recieve my Oath letter. IO just told me that I should have IL soon, but after two months still waiting.

Again, if somebody may provide me detail/steps/experience to file an infopass....... will be higly appreciated.

What is your seviced center/District office? What is your timeline at least PD?

Thanks for helping, Desihai,

My service center is Nebraske and USCIS Local office is Detroit. NSC processing dates website does not show the N-400 processing time. Detroit web site shows N-400 process time is 7 months.

If I am missing any website which I amy find processing dates for N-400 cases. Please let me know.

I guess I should have my Oath letter now. I am planning to file an inquiry soon. Therefore, just want to get help from those who knows the quick and effective inquiry method..... may be infopass.

Interview Letter Sept, 2007
Interview Passed Nov, 2007
Oath Letter Still waiting

I look at all the Timelines and from what I see most of us who had the Interview in November are seriously waiting on Oath Letter. Maybe it is just because of the holidays or something like it. Who knows. I am just baffled how many have an Oath Delay now. Never seen it this bad before.

I look at all the Timelines and from what I see most of us who had the Interview in November are seriously waiting on Oath Letter. Maybe it is just because of the holidays or something like it. Who knows. I am just baffled how many have an Oath Delay now. Never seen it this bad before.

I am waiting oath letter,too.
My timeline is

TSC

PD 06/15
FP 07/24
IV 11/15

I had an interview on 11/15, I scheduled an infopass and the officer told me my file is under final review(everyone need to go through this?).And he told me the first oath ceremony in this year is March. SO I am just waiting the letter.

everyone need to go through this?).

Yes everyone does. It will go from the IO's Desk to his/her supervisor for final review.

I am wondering how I can find out when the next Oath Dates are for KC without making an Infopass ... hmmmm

Yes everyone does. It will go from the IO's Desk to his/her supervisor for final review.

I am wondering how I can find out when the next Oath Dates are for KC without making an Infopass ... hmmmm

Call the USCIS customer service and ask to speak to an immigration officer.

eh ? You mean your buddies in the USCIS couldn't help you ??? :confused:

Call the USCIS customer service and ask to speak to an immigration officer.

The last time I called which was on the 8th of January the Lady told me they don't usually transfer you anymore. So my suggestion is to keep calling USCIS until you get a nice representative and manage to sneak your way through

Hi yhhy1 ,

what is your DO office ? , did you get an N652 with congrats like me ?

I know one other person who in my Atlanta DO office interviewd first week of Nov and got the Oath letter end of December for a Oath last week in January !

Possible Delay due to Holidays / Backlog

I have tried the customer service numerous times , never managed to convince the rep to transfer me to Immigration IO , and was told to give it 90 days from the day of the interview before raising a query !

I am waiting oath letter,too.
My timeline is

TSC

PD 06/15
FP 07/24
IV 11/15

I had an interview on 11/15, I scheduled an infopass and the officer told me my file is under final review(everyone need to go through this?).And he told me the first oath ceremony in this year is March. SO I am just waiting the letter.

Hi Oath_Oath ,

You can schedule the infopass appointment via USCIS website , and just go and speak to them to get an update

From what I have seen on this forum , sometimes it is useful , mostly they will tell you your status as ''Waiting to be scheduled for Oath'' , and would not know more unless the IO has put in a date for athe actual Oath , so if the nearest USCIS centre is not too far , suggest you can try the infopass , or give it 90 days from the interview and if you still havent got the latter , call the customer service number and they will raise a query on your case and you should get an update in the mail !

hope this helps

Thanks for helping, Desihai,

My service center is Nebraske and USCIS Local office is Detroit. NSC processing dates website does not show the N-400 processing time. Detroit web site shows N-400 process time is 7 months.

If I am missing any website which I amy find processing dates for N-400 cases. Please let me know.

I guess I should have my Oath letter now. I am planning to file an inquiry soon. Therefore, just want to get help from those who knows the quick and effective inquiry method..... may be infopass.

Oath Letter Still waiting

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi yhhy1 ,

what is your DO office ? , did you get an N652 with congrats like me ?

I know one other person who in my Atlanta DO office interviewd first week of Nov and got the Oath letter end of December for a Oath last week in January !

Possible Delay due to Holidays / Backlog

I have tried the customer service numerous times , never managed to convince the rep to transfer me to Immigration IO , and was told to give it 90 days from the day of the interview before raising a query !

Hi,

My DO is Albuquerque, NM. And YES, I received the congratulation letter from the IO. Actually after interview, he told me the oath will schedule in 1~4 months. But I am still a little nervous because I don't know when I will receive.
The only thing I know from my last infopass is the first oath in 2008 at Albuquerque will on March.

Most of immigrants have un-common names, compare to American names, and we like to relate to someone who also has uncommon name. This year, we have that "skinny guy with a funny name" running for a president. If we have a chance to participate in the primary, who would you vote?
***Disclaimer - this is just my personal 'conspiracy theory'***

:D
It's not a conspiracy theory, it's politics ;)
First all these delays seemed just funny, now they seem ridiculous; way too ridiculous not to believe that there might be some who gain from these delays, and at least try to keep it that way.

Hi Oath_Oath ,

You can schedule the infopass appointment via USCIS website , and just go and speak to them to get an update

From what I have seen on this forum , sometimes it is useful , mostly they will tell you your status as ''Waiting to be scheduled for Oath'' , and would not know more unless the IO has put in a date for athe actual Oath , so if the nearest USCIS centre is not too far , suggest you can try the infopass , or give it 90 days from the interview and if you still havent got the latter , call the customer service number and they will raise a query on your case and you should get an update in the mail !

hope this helps

Hello Taurean77,

Thanks for helping me for infopass process. The good news is that today 1/14/08, I received my oath letter for 1/2808 oath ceremony:). I see your time line which is very close to me and I hope you will recieve your oath letter very soon if same service center. Good luck and thanks again for help. I have decide to help others regarding immigration questions based upon my experience.

Oath Letter Jan 14, 2008
Oath Ceremony Jan 28, 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
N445

hi TexanForCitizen ,

As I understood, you didn't received any letter through the mail (N-445 Notice for Naturalization Ceremony), you just received call from IO one day before the oath date. that's weird. Can you go on oath without N-445 from?

Thanks

The IO told me pick up the N445 from the Security Guard on the day of the oath ceremony. So I got there and they had the form ready for me, I filled it out and joined the rest of the attendees.

I am really starting to get ticked here. Sorry but that is the truth. There are people that applied mid July or sometime in 2007 and they are DONE with EVERYTHING. Us who have completed the Interview, got a congrats Letter are still waiting. Maybe I should stop defending the USCIS, lol

By the way this is nothing against anyone specific. I know it is not your guy's fault.

Congratulations OATH_OATH!!

Congratulations OATH _ OATH , I am very happy for you , my Service Center is TX , so hoping I get mine over the next 2-3 weeks !

I have felt that most people who spend alot of time on these forums pick up a few things which may not be evident for someone who just joined , so it always helps to lend a hand , and I am glad you appreciated this

Keep us posted on your progress once you get the Oath done

All the best !

Hello Taurean77,

Thanks for helping me for infopass process. The good news is that today 1/14/08, I received my oath letter for 1/2808 oath ceremony:). I see your time line which is very close to me and I hope you will recieve your oath letter very soon if same service center. Good luck and thanks again for help. I have decide to help others regarding immigration questions based upon my experience.

Oath Letter Jan 14, 2008
Oath Ceremony Jan 28, 2008

I am really starting to get ticked here. Sorry but that is the truth. There are people that applied mid July or sometime in 2007 and they are DONE with EVERYTHING. Us who have completed the Interview, got a congrats Letter are still waiting. Maybe I should stop defending the USCIS, lol

By the way this is nothing against anyone specific. I know it is not your guy's fault.

I hear you. It doesn't make sense that someone who sends an application almost 5 months after someone else has their FP a few days earlier. The wide discrepancy of USCIS processing times between DOs make no sense whatsoever.

Hi Senga ,

not quite sure if I understand ? , who would gain from this delay

I just think it is purely administrative / logistics , and they have to wait for certain amount of people who are ready for OATH so that it can be scheduled

First all these delays seemed just funny, now they seem ridiculous; way too ridiculous not to believe that there might be some who gain from these delays, and at least try to keep it that way.

I agree :cool:
Now that we can no longer register for the primary, expect the oath letter to arrive soon.

Hello,

I am waiting too...I have no idea what is going on .A friend of mine, she got the oath notice letter and we have the same court for the ceremony.

here is my timeline:

Here is my timeline,

5/18/2007 - Mailed to NSC
5/21/2007 - Priority/Received Date
5/25/2007 - Receipt Notice
6/1/2007 - Fingerprint Notice
6/26/2007 - Fingerprint Appointment
9/26/2007 - Case Status Retrieval Failed - Disappeared online
9/29/2007 - Interview Letter Notice Received
11/8/2007 - Interview date, Passed ! marked "You passed the tests of English and U.S. history and government" , "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval".

I called 1-800 and spoke with IO and she told me that I am approved, I have been on the list to be scheduled for oath, but I am not yet.