Oath ceremony

Erkan

Registered Users (C)
I applied on March 8 and I had interview on May 12 and i passed. I see on my uscis acc, oath ceremony will be scheduled. Usually how long it takes?

I applied on March 8 and I had interview on May 12 and i passed. I see on my uscis acc, oath ceremony will be scheduled. Usually how long it takes?
Could be weeks or months

But judging on how fast your application was processed at the field office you filed at. Oath ceremony will probably be just as fast..

Everything went fast for me, just waiting 2 weeks for oath ceremony be scheduled. The problem is i need to go to overseas for a project as soon as possible, i am losing money now.

Could be weeks or months

But judging on how fast your application was processed at the field office you filed at. Oath ceremony will probably be just as fast..

Who is handling oath ceremony? Field office?

Who is handling oath ceremony? Field office?
Mines was done at the newark field office
They swear you in the same day as youre granted Citizenship. They would announce that they were granted The power to do so By the superior Court. Couple blocks from that particular office

Other offices from my knowledge a Judge does the oath ceremony

Mines was done at the newark field office
They swear you in the same day as youre granted Citizenship. They would announce that they were granted The power to do so By the superior Court. Couple blocks from that particular office

Other offices from my knowledge a Judge does the oath ceremony

It is true, here judge does oath ceremony.

It is true, here judge does oath ceremony.

I have a question: my gc will be expired on 16 june, but i need to go to overseas for very important meeting for my business for couple days. I will be back before 16 june. Will it be problem when i enter to the US?

Last edited:
I have a question: my gc will be expired on 16 june, but i need to go to overseas for very important meeting for my business for couple days. I will be back before 16 june. Will it be problem when i enter to the US?
Once you come back before june 16
No problem at all!!!

I am wondering one thing. They do background check after interview? Logically it should be done before interview.

I received letter for oath ceremony. There is a question whether i travelled to overseas after interview. I will answer 'yes', because i did for 5 days for business meeting. So why this question then?

Is it true that, Newark field office has multiple oath sessions every day? If yes, does anyone know the schedule of such oath sessions?

Is it true that, Newark field office has multiple oath sessions every day? If yes, does anyone know the schedule of such oath sessions?
Its no schedule. When you”re done they have you wait. Depending on how many people need to be sworn in. Wait could be 1 hour or 4 hrs.

Usually one around lunch time and one in the afternoon.

Thank you Jbuff.
My interview is at 8.30am. Will they let me get my lunch, if oath is to happen late, beyond the lunch time?

You can leave and come back if the swearing in is too long of a wait for you..

By the time your interview is over could be 10 or 11 either way. Not a long wait.. just be prepared to be there for about 4hrs

But if your interview is 8:30 you”ll be out of there by 1pm with certificate in hand as long as everything goes well in the interview

I received letter for oath ceremony. There is a question whether i travelled to overseas after interview. I will answer 'yes', because i did for 5 days for business meeting. So why this question then?

Is it a problem to travel between interview and oath?

Is it a problem to travel between interview and oath?

It’s typically not a problem. Your oath letter will ask you to indicate if you’ve traveled out after the interview, location and duration. You’ll submit the letter with your answers when you show up for the interview. For most people it’s just a formality except for someone who might have traveled to a place that gives cause for concern in which case they may need to do some additional review before proceeding.