Oakland Park, FLORIDA Timeline

meanne

Registered Users (C)
Anyone know's when is the next Oath Ceremony in Oakland Park, Florida?
I am soooooo anxious, I'm watching the mail box 24/7 for my ceremony letter.

4/02/09 Filed I-90 application/Replacement Alien Card
4/06/09 I-90 Notice Date for Biometrix
4/13/09 Filed N-400
4/17/09 USCIS receipt of N-400
4/27/09 Biometrix appointment
5/14/09 I-90 Approval Notice
6/12/09 Appointment Letter for N-400 Interview
6/15/09 Alien Card production delayed
7/14/09 Alien Card Received
7/21/09 Naturalization Interview / Pass
00/00/09....still waiting for Oath Ceremony Letter

P. S.

I am doing a name change as well but I'm only adding 1 letter "e" on my first name, will that delay my Oath Ceremony Letter?

and for how long?

Dont know about the oath ceremony dates, but I wanted to subscribe to this thread and keep it going by updating my timeline.....thanks for the timeline info, cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
still waiting =[ ...........

-------------------------------
4/13/09 Filed N-400
00/00/09....still waiting for Oath Ceremony Letter

There is no other option but to wait for oath letter or you can have INFOPASS appt and ask them abt the oath.

Ahhhhhhhhh........I FINALLY GOT THE LETTER YESTERDAY.
I received 2 paper in the letter. I thought that the letter was going to be
a yellow paper letter? but i received both WHITE, is that normal?

4/13/09 Filed N-400
8/08/09 Oath Ceremony Received
8/21/09 Oath Ceremony Date

FINALLY......US CITIZEN!!!!

--------------------------------
OAKLAND PARK, FLORIDA
--------------------------------
4/13/09 Filed N-400
8/08/09 Oath Ceremony Received
8/21/09 Oath Ceremony/US CITIZEN!!!

congrats. I just updated my timeline (in my signature)

The Oakland Park office was not at all busy for the fingerprint appointment. I got the prints taken as soon as I had filled out the form. In and out in 10 minutes. cheers.

congrats. I just updated my timeline (in my signature)

The Oakland Park office was not at all busy for the fingerprint appointment. I got the prints taken as soon as I had filled out the form. In and out in 10 minutes. cheers.

vrb747 any updates on your timeline?

Flash, yes I received the Appointment Letter, updated my timeline to show the same, cheers.

Flash, it was also interesting to see that you walked in for your fingerprint appointment. I did not. Your FP was taken one day after my FP. It does not seem like doing a walk-in for the FP affects the interview date much. cheers.

Flash, it was also interesting to see that you walked in for your fingerprint appointment. I did not. Your FP was taken one day after my FP. It does not seem like doing a walk-in for the FP affects the interview date much. cheers.

Great vrb, I agree it doesn't make a big difference to walk in for FP.

Your interview is really soon, keep us posted about it, my wife's interview is on 10-26. It looks like they interview on Mondays.

Have you heard anything about Oaths in Oakland Park?

Good Luck!!

Flash

I will update this thread after my interview. I havent heard about the oath
dates, will ask them on the 19th. Hopefully, it will be on the same day.

I need some luck.

Good Luck to you and your wife.

Interview Experience :

Was asked for a "CERTIFIED" copy of a court disposition for a reckless driving ticket that I got almost 3 years ago, no tickets since then. I had the court disposition but that was rejected as a "printout" and also rejected because it was not certified. This "printout" was obtained from the clerk of courts in the appropriate county along with certified copy of the ticket.

I will get a letter in the mail asking for the above document and a rescheduled date. A decsion will not be made until IO sees a certified copy of the court dispositon.

The rest of the interview was standard.....I saw IO ticking everything on my application. I did not know about selective service and never registered but I did get my GC at age 29 and Im now 34, I presume thats the reason NO QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS WERE MADE about Selective Service.

Anyone know how long it takes them to reschedule the date ? And how long I will have to probably wait for this rescheduled date to arrive ?:p

Interview Experience :

Was asked for a "CERTIFIED" copy of a court disposition for a reckless driving ticket that I got almost 3 years ago, no tickets since then. I had the court disposition but that was rejected as a "printout" and also rejected because it was not certified. This "printout" was obtained from the clerk of courts in the appropriate county along with certified copy of the ticket.

I will get a letter in the mail asking for the above document and a rescheduled date. A decsion will not be made until IO sees a certified copy of the court dispositon.

The rest of the interview was standard.....I saw IO ticking everything on my application. I did not know about selective service and never registered but I did get my GC at age 29 and Im now 34, I presume thats the reason NO QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS WERE MADE about Selective Service.

Anyone know how long it takes them to reschedule the date ? And how long I will have to probably wait for this rescheduled date to arrive ?:p

Vrb,

Did IO asked you about the ticket? Did you volunteer info? How do you get the Certified Copy? Was it over $500?
When you say re-schedule, is it that you have to be interviewed again?

What a pain, but you'll be just fine.

Flash, I volunteered the info, especially since I knew reckless driving is a big deal in many states. Also I dont want problems in the future, I'd rather get it over with now. It obviously is a big deal to get a reckless driving/DUI/DWI ticket, since IO spent half the interview asking/explaining stuff related to this ticket. The other half were the oral questions, written sentence, spoken sentence, and application info verification.

I went to the clerk of courts traffic section in the appropriate county and asked for a certified copy of ticket and disposition.

I will have to appear for another interview, specifically to show the IO, the court disposition (shows charges were dropped). I also gathered some character references and work related awards/certificates to counteract a probable "deficient" moral character opinion but did not get an opportunity to show them.

Hope this happens within 3 months, but Im guessing its gonna be a while. :p

I want to clarify that i did have other tickets prior to the reckless driving ticket, but IO was not at all interested in these relatively minor infractions. I have been ticket-free since then, almost 4 years now......until I received a red light infraction just weeks before the interview, not that the IO was interested in that.

IMHO, its just reckless driving/DUI/DWI that is minutely examined. I cannot say I blame them for doing so. :)