NZ PhD Student Visa, 5 Month Processing time

Hi Guys, could any one who have already been issued student visa as an intenational PhD student of New Zealand kindly share what has been written in the "condition" section of their visa label in the passport?

hii
I had a initial verification now given for third party v verification, i guess that's external check, in my application I wasn't given any update regarding the case officer assigned rather my application details are being asked my admin people. I till now didn't have any contact with the case officer .If you get any update so post me up as well..
Hiii....
When third party verification was initiated for your application??
Any update regarding your application.o_O

I just filed my PhD student visa (full scholarship + living allowances) recently (on Dec 2015 end) for the start on 1/Mar. But, completely zapped after reading all the entries here that it would take more time.

In the RealMe platform it shows Submitted. Whenever there is any progress , Will there be any change in the status appearing in RealMe ? How will we come to know ?
My medicals have gone to Medical accessor, thats what i got an update from Consulate.
is that a normal procedure.???.. though i am sure on myself, nothing major on my medicals.
I am worried about the leadtime now, though university has given me a SVP nomination letter ... and Pls share your thoughts !!!

Hi,
I received the PhD in NZ visa in 3 moths 15 days time. I logged the application on 22nd September 2015 and got the visa approved on 7th January 2016. I had constantly emailed them asking who my case officer was. But before getting the name i got the visa approved.
I guess one reason why I got it quick was because I applied for it while I was in New Zealand in an open work visa. Anyways I felt I would let you guys know this.. you know might get lucky sometime.

Hii Mac12345,
Did you get VISA officer allotted for ur application? For me IPB has initiated external verification/Third party verification on Nov-02-2015 and still it's going on.
Hii Robomish,

Any update regarding you VISA. Is it approved and when??

Hi Mac 12345,
Still 3rd party verification is going on:p:p;).....................what about urs? Did u get any update?
Hiiii,
Still no update. I have changed my joining date...:(...You application has taken very long and your joining is also quite close. Whats your plan??

Hi there,

Thanks for precious discussion.

I applied for student visa in Dubai branch. The application was lodged on 26Nov. I received an email from "Admin support officer" on 17Dec. asking for further information. I asked if I have to request a deferred offer from the university as the external verification checks take up to 8 weeks and decision would not be made until this step has been completed. The same officer advised if the deferral request would be suitable. Till now, I have not received any thing in this regard. On 8Jan. I was informed by an "Immigration Officer" that initial assessment had been made however additional documents were also requested. Meanwhile, I asked the university to change the start date for next term. The admission officer informed me that long processing time is usual one and no concern is needed. So far, I have been waiting for a month and three weeks considering the holiday seasons.

Based on above conversations, what is the meaning of third party verification? I wonder if additional step of verification is also required.

Glad to hear from you.

Hi there,

Thanks for precious discussion.

I applied for student visa in Dubai branch. The application was lodged on 26Nov. I received an email from "Admin support officer" on 17Dec. asking for further information. I asked if I have to request a deferred offer from the university as the external verification checks take up to 8 weeks and decision would not be made until this step has been completed. The same officer advised if the deferral request would be suitable. Till now, I have not received any thing in this regard. On 8Jan. I was informed by an "Immigration Officer" that initial assessment had been made however additional documents were also requested. Meanwhile, I asked the university to change the start date for next term. The admission officer informed me that long processing time is usual one and no concern is needed. So far, I have been waiting for a month and three weeks considering the holiday seasons.

Based on above conversations, what is the meaning of third party verification? I wonder if additional step of verification is also required.

Glad to hear from you.

Hello mf85,

I also applied for student visa in Dubai branch via online account. The application sent to Wellington IPB on 19th Jan, 2016. Now waiting for the email confirmation????

Hello mf85,

I also applied for student visa in Dubai branch via online account. The application sent to Wellington IPB on 19th Jan, 2016. Now waiting for the email confirmation????

Good luck Raheel.

I am still waiting case/visa officer allocation. I haven't receive from them since 8Jan. which was about asking for additional information. Hopefully my application will be assigned shortly for external verification checks. According to previous discussions, some additional documents might be requested by visa officer but it is not a certain step especially when all things go through.

Best,

Hi,

Thank you all for the great information.

I applied for my student visa in Dubai. My visa timeline was as follows:

21/09/2015 documents received by Dubai branch
01/10/2015 additional documents required
09/10/2015 additional documents sent
16/12/2015 updated offer letter required
18/01/2016 updated offer letter sent
28/01/2016 visa issued for 1 year

I don't know why it is for 1 year only, should I apply for a new one from there? if so, will it take the same long duration?
Thank you and wish you all good luck!

My
hii
I had a initial verification now given for third party v verification, i guess that's external check, in my application I wasn't given any update regarding the case officer assigned rather my application details are being asked my admin people. I till now didn't have any contact with the case officer .If you get any update so post me up as well..
My Visa got approved...what about yours... What are your plans to start for Canterbury.. I will be joining on 1 april

Hello all,

so far my timeline is as given below:
application submitted on 4th Jan, 2016 in Dubai Branch
application sent to Wellington IPB on 19th Jan, 2016
application received and initial assessment done on 10th Feb, 2016
further documents submitted on 11th Feb, 2016
email received regarding security check on 18th March, 2016 that it has been started.

I just wanted to ask how many days it would take to complete this step? is it Last step before issuance of visa?

please guide me.

regards