NZ PhD Student Visa, 5 Month Processing time

@explodesh. Please don't worry, mate! Your visa can come anytime now! And when it comes, you celebrate your success with your friends and here in this forum too. :) Best of luck.

My friend applied somewhere in end of Feb 09. He was told via email that visa has been approved in end of Aug 09 like 20 or 21st by Wellington NZ Visa offr. Officer had done all coordination with the NZ Embassy Bangkok and replied with this information.

That's it. Well I am also hoping the same result. I think these officers has nothing to do with the students belonging to diff countries. As one of my facebook friend from PAK applied for PhD visa in start of Feb 09 and got visa in the end of Aug 09.

So let's see what happens in our case. Now waiting is intolerable :mad:.
Plz share any other information if you have

One thing I can say that is ""BEST OF LUCK"" to everyone on this forum.

We all facing the similar situation :D

@explodesh, Thanks for these critical infos. Yes, i do believe that countries have nothing to do with your visa approval untill you are from places such as Zimbabwe/Iraq/Iran etc. They are high on the 23 country priority list of the IPG. Let's hope that our visa comes by next week. Do keep us posted on your status. I too will update the forum with my status. Hey, why don't you shoot me an email on nitjsr_2004@yahoo.com and we can stay connected through facebook/myspace/twitter etc. Thanks, brainxplode

@brainexplod
Hi
there is nothing like FIFO, One of the person in this forum has applied on September and got visa officer on 15 October and yesterday i read that his initial assessment has been over. I applied at Delhi branch 0n 7 august, but till date waiting for visa officer to be allocated. So this all is LUCK.
& y u all people r in worry , i know wait always creates anxiety but don't worry about any thing , have fun in life. Practically and positively , soon u will be get parted from ur families, so enjoy with them
Cheers

@doglover, its true we should enjoy every moment of our life, since soon we are going to be apart from our parents and cousins. And queue system is followed. that's for sure. I am telling this only after authentic and exhaustive internet research.

@brain
I appreciate ur coneren , there must be some que system, but what would be answer for my case , i have applied in august and still waiting for allocation and one who applied later than me , are in the middle of every thing( initial assessment have taken place!!!)

@doglover, why don't send an email to the Immigration NZ through their online help facility. The link can be found here.

https://immigration.custhelp.com/cg...mbmwmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_next_page=myovr.php&p_li=

You need to register yourself first for an online account and then click on the "Contact Us" link after logging into your account and send them your query. Ask them regarding the status of your application. They reply to all email queries within 72 hours. They have replied me whenever i contacted them. I think the visa officer must have been allotted to your application. Just check out that.

@brian

Well in my opinion tomorrow's day is very important. As my friend got visa approval from NZ on that day. Bcz work wraps up before the weekend.

So let's hope for the best :)

@explodesh, Let's hope something for tomorrow. I am also having this gut feeling and intuition, that something good is going to happen with all good folks in this forum, including you and me. :))))

I am praying to God that our visa approval comes ASAP.

@explodesh, why don't you send me an email nitjsr_2004@yahoo.com and we can chat either on skype or Yahoo Messanger for more details. I am online right now.

Send me an email with more details and i would send you the links. See you soon.

I waited for my visa till the morning but no news again today. :-( Btw, once my visa gets approved, a letter would arrive to my Immigration Consultant from the Immigration NZ, New Delhi that my visa had come and i can send my passport for visa stamping.

I don't think the visa officer or the Immigration Department would contact me directly. They never actually did that earlier too. Whenever they contacted me, they did through my Immigration Consultant.

Anyways, who of you guys did submit your student visa application for PhD in May or earlier and have/haven't had your visa approved as of yet?

hey guys!!! Any update from your side. Nothing new from my side. We should keep this forum active.

As there will be others who can benefit from it. As this forum has helped me a lot !!! Before this forum i thought that I am the only one who is facing the problem.

Very Important Documents for Immigration NZ visa review process

Guys, go through these two documents. It would give you a detailed understanding of how the Immigration NZ reviews all kinds of visa applications. It gives extremely detailed overview. So you need to go through them carefully for better understanding... I hope these two documents would help you guys tremendously in understanding how their visa system work.

Any comment would be much appreciated..

Thanks,
brainxplode

More Interesting Immigration NZ informations

Check this out!

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA0806/S00279.htm

This is very important. I have also attached a doc as to how applicants whose visa is approved, their informations are fed into the INZ central computer system, AMS, or the Application Management System. It is of June 2008.

Any comment would be much appreciated.

@brain
I contacted New Zealand Immigration service online support link on Thursday... till date waiting for answer ...i think everybody is sleeping there, lols