NYC Timeline - US Passport

rick92

Volunteer Moderator
It is taking about 5/6 business days for expedited and 7/8 business days for the passport card and cert of naturalization.- :)

Please post your experiences here for NYC. Thank you.- :)

Almost 3 weeks for regular service passport in NYC

Oath Date: 3/13/2009
PP : 3/13/09 (applied regular service)
PP : 4/3/09 (received)
USCN: 4/4/09 (received)

passports in NYC

Almost 3 weeks for regular service passport in NYC

Oath Date: 3/13/2009
PP : 3/13/09 (applied regular service)
PP : 4/3/09 (received)
USCN: 4/4/09 (received)

I went and submitted my application at the Court today to the passport clerk. i applied for myself and my minor child who is deriving her citizenship through me.
the clerk picked my minor child's greencard, birth certificate as well as her foreign passport book. i told her it was not right for her to take the passport book from us. she said that is the rule.:confused: and that she has to send everything to the processing center. Is she right?
i am a bit confused because i am thinking of sending a N-600 application somewhere along the line and i believe i may need this passport Book.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is wrong. That is not the rule. The rule is for them to ask for a marriage certificate, and if one is divorced or widowed, a document confirming that. That is definitely not the norm, and I would call the State Department and REQUEST that they SECURELY ship your passport back.

foreign passport book

She is wrong. That is not the rule. The rule is for them to ask for a marriage certificate, and if one is divorced or widowed, a document confirming that. That is definitely not the norm, and I would call the State Department and REQUEST that they SECURELY ship your passport back.

hello Mr. Vertigo,

i have called and spoken to someone at the State Department. she said that, what the clerk at the court did was right. they need that document to establish when my minor child entered the country and whether she has been resident here. she said the foreign passport book would be mailed back to me with the new USA passport book when it is all done.:confused:

Expedited in NYC

Only 1 week for expedited service passport in NYC

For spouse:

Oath Date: 4/10/2009
PP : 4/10/09 (applied expedited service--extra $ 60)
PP : 4/18/09 (received)
USCN: 4/21/09 (received)

hello Mr. Vertigo,

i have called and spoken to someone at the State Department. she said that, what the clerk at the court did was right. they need that document to establish when my minor child entered the country and whether she has been resident here. she said the foreign passport book would be mailed back to me with the new USA passport book when it is all done.:confused:

received my minor child's passport in the mail today. the newly issued US passport came in the same priority envelope with her foreign issued passport. included in the package was her birth certificate and her green card. the turn around time is 18days, less than 3weeks.

Travel in Emergency

My oath date is coming up in 3 weeks, and I plan to apply for an expedited passport as soon as I get the naturalization certificae.

I have a hypothetical question: In the event of emergency (e.g., family illness), what is the process for being able to leave the US if you are waiting for your US passport?

My oath date is coming up in 3 weeks, and I plan to apply for an expedited passport as soon as I get the naturalization certificae.

I have a hypothetical question: In the event of emergency (e.g., family illness), what is the process for being able to leave the US if you are waiting for your US passport?

You can go to the Passport Office on Hudson Street and request a passport. They can issue one the same day or the next day.

You can go to the Passport Office on Hudson Street and request a passport. They can issue one the same day or the next day.

what kind of documents does one need to take to the Passport office if you are traveling soon and need a passport immediately? would an itinerary be sufficient?