NYC - Roll Call

I can't believe it. I thought NYC was much faster. I have my Interview call done in Exactly one year. I have allplied in Chicago.

amedeus,
I sympathise with you. I saw couple of people in this forum who got in 3 months thru NYC Pilot Program...

I applied for my immediate relative in NJ thru National Benefits Center and got the GC in 104 days.. Its amazing what USCIS can make people go thru...

goodluck....

SWaiting said:
amedeus,
I sympathise with you. I saw couple of people in this forum who got in 3 months thru NYC Pilot Program...

I applied for my immediate relative in NJ thru National Benefits Center and got the GC in 104 days.. Its amazing what USCIS can make people go thru...

goodluck....

Thanks... I am still bitter about my timeline and will probably always be. But life goes on...

Ama deus said:
Thanks... I am still bitter about my timeline and will probably always be. But life goes on...

When did you get a letter for an interview? I applied in June, 2002, and still waiting..

brooklyn2000 said:
When did you get a letter for an interview? I applied in June, 2002, and still waiting..

I got a letter on Feb 10 2005. You should have your congress representative to inquire what's the hold up. You should have received an interview letter a while ago.

Thanks Amadeus.
This is what I'm doing right now. They say it will take them about 2 months to come up with an answer

Ama deus said:
I got a letter on Feb 10 2005. You should have your congress representative to inquire what's the hold up. You should have received an interview letter a while ago.
By the way have you ever got a letter that your I-130 approved or I-485? What's the process?

brooklyn2000 said:
By the way have you ever got a letter that your I-130 approved or I-485? What's the process?

Who is your Congress rep? 2 months is way too much. All they need to do is to pick up the phone and dial USCIS number. You have to get tough with them.. Are you family based? There are many buttons to push if you are aware of their existence...
Did you write to the ombudsman?

I never got approval of I-130. This whole process is messed up...

Ama deus said:
Who is your Congress rep? 2 months is way too much. All they need to do is to pick up the phone and dial USCIS number. You have to get tough with them.. Are you family based? There are many buttons to push if you are aware of their existence...
Did you write to the ombudsman?

I never got approval of I-130. This whole process is messed up...
We sent a letter to senator Shumer. I don't know nothing about congressmen. Ye, I'm family based( marriage on US citizen). Who is ombudsman?

I also received the interview letter last month. AOS time is July 25, 2005. Could anyone tell me where I should go for the medical examination?
Thanks.

I guess I was part of the pilot program in NYC? They received my app in October 2004, I had my interview on Feb 9th, 2005. I haven' theard anything since then...I wish they would at least update their stupid online case status...I hope my GC comes soon.

did anyone in this thread get any help from senators/congressman or then even the ombudsman? pls share your experiences.

asg98 said:
did anyone in this thread get any help from senators/congressman or then even the ombudsman? pls share your experiences.

I did... I contacted my congresswoman in Aug 04. They were able to find out that my address with the USCIS hadn't been updated and all correspondence was being sent to my old address and returned as undeliverable. My address was then updated and I received Biometrics letter. Congress rep promised to push my application through since at the time I had been waiting for over 2 years.

However, after re-election in November my case seemed to have lost any importance at the congress rep's office. After 3 months and numerous calls, emails and follow ups to no avail, it took a *very* angry letter from my hubby to the congresswoman personally to bring her staff back to senses. (in the meantime I also wrote to the ombudsman). A month after the angry letter and ombudsman's letter I have received interview notice. I will never know which one of them actually helped... but someone did.