NYC - Roll Call

Its good to know that someone helped. My husband has sent out strong letters to the senator and congressman a month back but there has been no response still. i guess i have to just wait. Thanks for your prompt reply and all the best with your interview.

I got the card yesterday

After 23 months waiting in NY, got the card yesterday.

I got some help and support here before. So I would like to share my experience if anyone need to know some of them, although it was a pretty frustrated experience :)

benny,
Congrats on your green card.
I would appreciate it if you could share your experience. Also if you could give more details about the help you received it will help many of us. I have been waiting for the approval letter since 17 months now and despite sending out letters to the senator, congressman, visitng the NY INS several times nothing seems to have worked...
Tahnks in advance

well, I do understand how you feel, that is why I am here now. That was a long frustrated waiting, and could find anyone who can really help me out. Every time, when I made phone call to that 1-800... Number or I went to the local office in downtown or I wrote to "whom it may concern"..., I wanted to withdraw my case.... But believe me, you will get it eventually, just try to ignore it emotionally. I thought, as long as I had AP, which allowed me visit my parents in my home country, I did not really need that card at hand ;). Every time, when I stopped expecting any news about that, I got some. I know it sounds silly, but what else I could do ;)

Well, I filed application to NY local office on May. 2003. about a week later, got a small yellow piece receipt, which showed the money I paid for.

Sep. 2003, receipt for I-765, did fingerprint;

Oct. 2003, the status online showed that I-765 approved, a ED card mailed out. But later, I was told that the card was destroyed since the postoffice retuned it back.... long story, you really do not want to hear it. Anyway, I have not got my ED card until now :p

Nov. 2003, first AP;

Mar.2004, receipt for I-485 and I-130, did fingerprint again;

Nov.2004, second AP;

Jan.2005, I-485 appointment letter;

Mar.2005, interview;

Apr.2005, case approved.

hope these help. Good luck!!!

asg98 said:
benny,
Congrats on your green card.
I would appreciate it if you could share your experience. Also if you could give more details about the help you received it will help many of us. I have been waiting for the approval letter since 17 months now and despite sending out letters to the senator, congressman, visitng the NY INS several times nothing seems to have worked...
Tahnks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
I will go to interview on July 25, 2005. I have a few questions about interviews:

1. For the Federal tax return form: Can I give INS the copy? Do I need also provide them the State and city Tax return form?
2. INS requests the joint financial statement? Do I need to bring the statement from I filed the application to the current? That will be almost three years.
3. We have a lot of digital pictures, can I just print it through computer and give them. I am not sure if INS requests me to show the photo made by photo stores.

When I saw after INS interview, there are still many months of waiting period. Some are even waiting for more than 6 month. My EAD will expire on 4 months after the interview. Is there any person having trouble to renewing EAD after INS interview?

It is really a mess. The INS in New York local office has never done things in order. People apply for the case many months later can receive the interview notice half or even one year earlier! It seems only dependent on lucky when you will receive the green card.