NYC RIR Status

Re: RIR getting denied.

When I checked my comany\'s RIR cases most of them are getting certified despite mass lay-off. It\'s hard to tell why some peoples RIR are getting denied. My case has been sent to USDOL ON 2/22/02. Can someone make a guess when the final action will be taken ? People saying that USDOL, NY is current on RIR cases.

Thanks,

joey y

hi, nothing yet, just gave my lawyer a call, he said its slow, no app. r comming in. guess all we can do is wait, & hope for the best. post if u hear anything.
good luck to all of us!

H1 extension beyond 6 years

According to the new law, if a person has applied for Labor certification more than a year before H1 expiry, then that person is eligible for extending their H1 beyond 6 years, is this information correct? Thanks to NY RIR backlog, my application is at the SESA for almost a year and my H1 is running out.

Appreciate any help.

Not true

This is not true. To apply for the extension, you have to have either 140 or 485 filed and the total processing time should be more than 1 year. This means that the labor has to be cleared. I had this discussion with my lawyers last week.

Help on these question please

My case has been sent to USDOL ON 2/22/02.

1. How long it takes to get a Case number ?

2. In the NYDOL(Regional) status check email reply, what is meaning of the last two lines ?
Received regional office: "Date"
Current status: Certified :Final action on "Date"

3. What is the meaning of DOT description ?

4. If they approve the case, how long do they (Regional DOL) take to send notification to the lawer ?

Thanks,

Ravi

It means you are on your way

Labor certified means it has been approved. You should hopefully receive the certified LC with your attorney/company in a week or so after the certified date.

Congratulations!!

BTW what are your details - when did u apply, priority date, RIR/Non RIR etc.

Re: It means you are on your way

RIR EB2 application Submitted to State: 04/15/2001
NOF: 11/2001
NOF replied: 12/2001
State sent approved case to regional DOL on 2/22/2002
 Looks like it has been certified by NY DOL.
Unless I get the NY DOL(regional) case number, I can not confirm my case.

Thanks,

Ravi

does everyone get reply from LCSTATUS mailing system?

I tried with my employer phone number but it says no cases are found and gives me syntax to send it. I know my employer has filed many cases. why am i not getting such a reply?

Ravi ! how did u find out your status?

Hi Ravi!
         I m trying to send the email but always receive no cases found. Could u post the format of the email u sent ? Would be a greate help. Or any one else who could find out the case status pls post the format of their email sent to LCSTATUS

H1B extension beyond 6 years after filing for LC ... is POSSIBLE

Effective October 17, 2000, The American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act(AC21), permits H-1B non-immigrants to obtain an extension of H-1B status beyond 6-year maximum period, when
the H-1B non-immigrant is the beneficiary of an employment based (EB) immigrant petition (I-140) or an application for Adjustment of Status ; and
365 days or more have passed since the filing of a labor certification application, Form ETA -750, that is required for the alien to get employment based greencard, or 365 days or more have passed since the filing of the EB immigrant petition(I-140).
H-1B non-immigrant in above mentioned scenario can get extensions of H-1B non-immigrant visa status in increments of 1 year at a time, until a final decision is made on the H-1B non-immigrant\'s greencard.

There is AND condition ( Read carefully)

Courtesy : http://www.shusterman.com

Q3. Does the law allow certain persons to extend their H-1B status for more than six years?

A. Yes. Section 104(c) allows ANY alien (1) who is the beneficiary of a FILED EB-1, EB-2 or EB-3 visa petition; and (2) would be eligible to apply for permanent residence except for the application of per-country limitations (e.g. born in India or mainland China) to apply to the INS for extensions of nonimmigrant status until his or her adjustment of status application has been adjudicated. Beware, the law states that the application "may" be approved. This means that it may be denied as well.

Section 106 contains special provisions requiring the INS to grant extensions, in one-year increments, past the six-year maximum, in cases of lengthy adjudications. This section only applies to (1) H-1B workers, (2) who are the beneficiaries of EB visa petitions or who have submitted applications for adjustment of status, and only if (3) 365 days or more have elapsed since (a) the filing of an application for a labor certification on their behalf or (b) the filing of an EB visa petition on their behalf. Notice that an H-1B worker whose application in still in the labor certification stage is NOT eligible for an extension under this section

DOL Automated email system no more replies ,,, that address itself doesnt exist anymore

Hi All !
         LCSTATUS02@doleta.gov doesnt exist anymore, they also stopped replying via email or on the phone no 212-337-2184. They ask to contact your lawyer or employer . WHATS GOING ON ? makes me worried ...

RIR CERTIFIED

My attorney informed that she received the approved labor certification last week.
The agony which started in April 2001 is finally over as far as labor goes.
Thanks everybody for their help.

Ravi

RIR CERTIFIED

My attorney informed me that she received the approved labor certification last week.
The agony which started in April 2001 is finally over as far as labor goes.
Thanks everybody for their help.

Ravi

Congratulations.

Could you tell me when did you file your LC application?
You said you submitted it in April. Is it the file date
or receive date or priority date? Mine was also submitted
in April, but no response at all. Seems still in SESA.

Case filed on FEB 28, 02

My case was just filed on feb28 for LC. Someone told me about this site and as i was going through the messages, it looks like I have very long road ahead of me.