NYC Folks Post Your Timeline Here

Welcome Letter Mailed

Hello All,

I received the long awaited email this morning that the Welcome Letter has been mailed. So it should be here in a few days.

Thank you everyone for all the support and advice. It's great to have a forum like this where we can share our experiences, concerns and accomplishments.

How long does it take for the GC to arrive?

Have a nice day and Good Luck to everyone out there.

ssp77

Online updates

After a lot of reading I decided to join.

Is it me or the updates online for NYC are not up to date?? Since they receive my applications they did not update and in the mean time I got FP notice, FP done and the online info still has the same date. Any thoughts?

Tks!

PS: I'm getting my signature ready. On status B2 married USC, now adj status.

swap81

I had my FP done around the same time as you, on July 21st, in Garden City. But I never heard from them again. They never updated my case online since when they received the applications in June.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview today

I just had my interview today at 26 Federal Plaza, NYC. My appointment was 10:30AM. Got there around 9:50 and waited until 11:30 for our turn. The interview was extremely brief and we were not asked many questions at all. The officer is a woman in her 40's, dressed casual, pretty nice. She checked our passports, birth certificates, cert of naturalization, marriage cert and asked for copies for all of them. Then she asked my hubby to provide evidence of marriage while I answered the routine questions like terrorist affliations, etc. She then looked at our photo album and took two pictures for the record. THAT WAS IT!!

The bad news is my name check is still pending so she was not able to approve my case. She wrote something on my passport and said that's the receipt of my interview.

Now I just need to be patient... :(

My interview 8/15

Hey all, I haven't been on here in awhile, but I had my interview yesterday in Manhattan NY so here's my experience:

Arrived shorty before our 9:45 appointment, waiting in the waiting room until 11:00am until the officer called our name. He was a west indian fellow in his mid 30s, fairly nice it seemed. He swore us in when we got to his office. We were asked for our marriage certificate, his birth certificate and divorce decree, and my birth certificate and passport. He asked me where my husband works, where he was born, some questions about his son and ex wife, and asked me to verify our number and address. He asked my husband about his ex wife and son, and whether my father is still alive, where I was born, and whether my family still lives there. He asked for pictures so we gave him about 15, he chose about 5 and stapled them into the folder. And then he gave us the paper about the 90 days before the 2 years thing and said we were approved. And that I should get my GC in 2 weeks or so. He stamped my passport and I asked what I do with my EAD and AP and he said just to throw them away. And that was that, the whole process took about 10 minutes :) He asked alot less questions and barely asked for proof at all besides the pictures. Which from what I understand on here is odd! Good luck to everyone!

Hey all, I haven't been on here in awhile, but I had my interview yesterday in Manhattan NY so here's my experience:

Arrived shorty before our 9:45 appointment, waiting in the waiting room until 11:00am until the officer called our name. He was a west indian fellow in his mid 30s, fairly nice it seemed. He swore us in when we got to his office. We were asked for our marriage certificate, his birth certificate and divorce decree, and my birth certificate and passport. He asked me where my husband works, where he was born, some questions about his son and ex wife, and asked me to verify our number and address. He asked my husband about his ex wife and son, and whether my father is still alive, where I was born, and whether my family still lives there. He asked for pictures so we gave him about 15, he chose about 5 and stapled them into the folder. And then he gave us the paper about the 90 days before the 2 years thing and said we were approved. And that I should get my GC in 2 weeks or so. He stamped my passport and I asked what I do with my EAD and AP and he said just to throw them away. And that was that, the whole process took about 10 minutes :) He asked alot less questions and barely asked for proof at all besides the pictures. Which from what I understand on here is odd! Good luck to everyone!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Here is my very short time line. I guess with the wave of applicants wanting to beat the fee hike we are in for a long ride... More than usual... :(

I'll update as the crawl continues.

Anybody else from NYC filled AOS mid to late July? :cool:

Finally! After 32 days, my checks have been cashed. I don't think I ever wanted anyone to take my money so much!

My Interview at garden City 8/28/07 b1/b2 overstayed.

Hope this will help someone. Our interview was scheduled at 8.30 am . We dropped the letter at counter #2 at 8.00 am. About 8.30 they called names for about 15 couples and led us to the second floor. We sat there untill 9.45am and we were asked for by a nice calm man in his mid 50's. He greeted and led us to his office and swore us in. Since my wife was pregnant he did not ask her anything. He went thru my application and asked me to give him my birth certificate, my wifes naturalization certificate, my I-130 approval notice, our marriage certificate, my wife's ss#,my ob/gyn letter, and having asked all this he asked for joint a/c to which I gave the lease and copy of our credit card and bank cards. Also I gave him our joint verizon utility bill.

After that he asked us about our salaries and I said my wife makes 20k and than he asked my income. I said that I make 15k. Further I said that the lawyers I consulted told me my salary is not considered. he said not true. And he told me that I did not need a joint sponsor and that our incomes for 2007 will suffice. he made me do the correction on I-485 and made me sign the forms. He removed the I864 from the joint sponsor and gave it back to me. Later he told me that everything looks fine now. He arranged his papers in the file and asked me for our marraige date and the due date for the baby. After that he asked us the usual no questions and said that everything looks fine but there is some another file that the MO office mailed with some temp number and once that will come in he will get the card to be mailed out. One good clue was that he mentioned that my security clearance were complete. I asked him if I could get the stamp today or not? I wanted to travel sometime soon and he said that I should not untill I recieve the mail and the card .He said he cant stamp the passport as he needs to wait for the another file that was sent out to reach him and he will compile everything and that we should wait for mail in 2-6 weeks. Than we can try to follow up. He said that he will look forward to receiving the file some time this week. He removed a sheet and wrote down my file number for his reference to follow up. I said fine and asked for his name and number so that If I do not get a reply I could follow up with him. He said that they dont like people calling them and said to call him in 4-6 months in case I did not get anything in the mail. I noted his name and asked him if my case was approved. He said everything looks fine for now and he will wait for the other file to reach him to approve my application. I asked him if I will need to come back again to this he said no need. I said should I go and celebrate? and he said yes of course. he wrote in my passport I-485 pending. We left his office thanking him for the professional and courteous interview.
We are hoping that our interview is approved..... Kindly please give us your feedback as to where do we stand now.....
DO: Garden City, NY
B1/B2 overstayed.Wife became US Citizen.Self Filing.
06/07/07 Sent I-130 Receipt I-485/I-765/I864 /I864 Joint Sponsor.by Fedex. Day 1
06/08/07 dropped in Chicago. Day 2
06/18/07 NOA I-485/I-765. Day 12
06/19/07 checks cleared. Day 13
06/19/07 FP Notice I-485/I-765 Day 13
06/30/07 FP Done..... Day 24
07/16/07 IL ND Day 40
08/05/07 I-130 Approved. Day 60
08/27/07 EAD Card Received Day 87
08/28/07 Approved!!!!! Said will get the card in the mail in 6-8 weeks.Day 88
10/31/07 Card Production ordered. Day 150 :)

Last edited by a moderator: