NY Senator

chapter11

Registered Users (C)
Folks

We need to get in touch with a NY Senator regarding our I-485 case (RD 11/28/01, FP2 7/17/03) . Can you please guide us which Senator shall we approach ?

Thanks

Chapter11

Rumour is that (even though denied by her) she may be planning to Jump on to the 2004 Presidential list (Hillary-Clarke for 2004 ?) . If that is true , I would beleive she would be very busy.

she does not help

Neither does senator Schumer. A post has said Clinton refused to do, and most posters say Schumer's office staff are even worse. Try congressman.

Re: she does not help

Originally posted by Tines
Neither does senator Schumer. A post has said Clinton refused to do, and most posters say Schumer's office staff are even worse. Try congressman.

Tines,

Try the ACLU LEGAL DEPT. for consultation. Say you want to be represented pro bono, or some other legal jargon..no pay.

Clinton, Hillary - (D - NY) Class I
476 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING
WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-4451
Web Form: clinton.senate.gov/email_form.html

Schumer, Charles - (D - NY) Class III
313 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING
WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-6542
Web Form: schumer.senate.gov/webform.html

That was me...

I asked both Schumer and Clinton to help me out when my file was transferred to the wrong local BCIS office. Neither helped, but Schumer's office produced an excuse.

who knows?

Who knows what will happen in such a long time? Not helping me would be just one of the many reasons to consider, and it would not be the deciding factor in a vote.

Ultimately, it's the BCIS' responsibility to provide efficient (ha!) service. We are last on the politicians "to help" list since we can't vote (yet).

The fact is that we do pay taxes to NY State to be represented by our senators, and they should at least respond to our requests (even if they are late). A phone call to their BCIS liasons lasts 10 minutes and to study your case takes another half hour. Maybe their staff is too small to handle requests from so many constituents.