NY non rir labor certification

catbert

Registered Users (C)
My labor was filed in under regular category with priority date of june 1998. my case was recieived in newyork federal labor office on 23 rd Aug 2001. As per the processing time the federal laobor in ny is processing cases recieved in april 2000 . Now my concern is that will it take me another 19 months to get my labor certification done . Is there any probability of getting it ealier and if so how early . Should i withdraw this case and refile under RIR . Please help I am really disgusted with my situation.

No Title

It depends how much time you have left with your H1 6 years time limits. Under the new law you can extend your H1 beyond 6 years limit with the following condition.

1. If your LCA is pending for more than a year
2. And I-140 is filed.

If you think your time will exceed before your get your LCA approved, then I suggest to hold your patience. I hoping DOL will do something to expedite their process and help people like and me and stop the skilled labor leaving this country.

Do not worry I am also in the same boat:

Labor Applied: April, 1998
Sent to NY DOL: Nove, 2001
Time 6 yrs will be over: Nov, 2002

So I have applied another RIR from another company interested to hire me in Jun, 2001. Also have got my Canadian PR app in since last 7 months...so let us see the best way out..

But yes this really sucks, that why we are being treated like this...and people without 1/2 the skill sets get their PRs within 2 yrs when they apply in RIR...

When an app is sent from NJ SESA to NY DOL, it moves really faster..and now with 09/11 incident, I doubt the NY DOL will be even interested to touch the files..

ny non rir labor

Thanks for your response. My SESA is new jersey trenton office. Do you think there is anyway of contacting the DOL NY Federal office or maybe even go there and find out as to why they are taking so much time. CAn we write a letter to some high up official in NY DOL office to open their eyes. I cant understand how these guys work. Do You think the labor recieved from nj SESA will move faster. There has to be some legal process or political process that we can bring down on the DOL NY office

You can call DOL...

Dear Friend,

My appln. was filed in CT. It is not even cleared at SESA level. It has to go to Boston for Federal labor clearance. You can try calling NY DOL, if you have the phone number. Some good samaritan might help you to get an idea.

All the Best!

Snowcat

No Title

What is the process in getting Canadian PR. How much time it takes.
how much amount in dollars. Please suggest.

Same situation

I am also in a similar situation like u. Filed for my Labor in CA, non-RIR on Dec/98. Went to Federal processing on June/2000 for which they have not even assigned a case no.

I have only another 55 days left to complete my 6 year term. Please let me know if you come up with idease. You can email me at r_ravikumar@hotmail.com

No Title

It can take an year to year and half.

You can process it urself. I believe $550 Canadian dollars per adult is the fee and $950 CD is the landing fee.

Got it..

Update

Yesterday my employer called and said that my non-RIR applicaiton was approved by NY DOL and he got the LC ..so off to the I-140 list

hey Sam M.

and people without 1/2 the skill sets get their PRs within 2 yrs when they apply in RIR

Who the %$^^@ asked you not to apply in RIR ? If you were happily sitting on your ^@%% for the last 3 yrs waiting for the DOL to get its act together, then YOU are to blame for your situation.

How long it was in NY DOL?

I think not more than 2 days. Infact it was never logged there. Last week my attorney checked it was not there on Thursday with the automated reply and yesterday they got it in the mail..

I was left scratching my head also, and was not prepared for my paperwork for I-140 so am now scrambling to get it done.

RIR Man, I wish you are eaten by ants in the forest...

You F#$%, dont you know how to talk decent. Everyone have there issues and the end result is good, but you freaking have not right to talk like that. Just go and see yourself in the mirror.

this newsgroup is for people to share there expriences. If you think you got yours thru RIR then enjoy, and do not hover on this group to say anything, you f@$%#, shumuck...

Get a life!!! I guess you do not have one, that is why you are here..

Sam

Sam, Are you talkinf about the RIR case or non-RIR one?

Which one got approved? RIR one or Non-RIR one? You mentioned that you also applied RIR too. When your non-rir case went in DOL-NY?

NY non-RIR

I am talking about my non-RIR case. Read my message two messages above..we dont know when it went as of Thursday last week it had not reached there, and on Monday we got the approval by mail..so we do not know,

Miracle happend

My file is waiting in Ny DOL from 11/2000. Its over 1 year and didnt get any news yet. By the way when did you sent your advertisement report to NY SESA?

I am sure that was RIR.

Only RIR case has no delay. As soon as you file, it will approve. I filed my report 11/2000 and no respond yet.

CA non RIR DOL times

is it really true that CA non RIR processing time in DOL is Feb 2001

That means it jumped up a year ( it was april2000)

check out the processing time posted on dol web site .

follow the link "LCA" on immigration.com

Non RIR Labor in NY Fedral

Hi All
My priority date is june 1998. my case was apporved from new jersey SESA and sent to New York Fedral Office on Aug23 2001.
Till last month they were processing cased recieved in April 2000.
This month posting says they are processing July 2000. Thatis a 3month jump. Does anyone know whether they have increased their processing speed,. or they just have fewer cases on hand as of now. Looks like a good sign but hey u can never trust them. Any information as to what is going on in new york DOL.