NY Federal Plaza Stamping instructions.

usinsuser99 said:
Hellow Gurus.,

I did not know much NY city.
How to go to Federal Plaza from Grand central train station in NY city.

Thanks in advance.,

Regards.,

usinsuser99

Take the 4 Downtown and get off at the City Hall stop. After exiting ask someone to get to Federal Plaza as I don't know which exit you will come out of. It is about 3 blocks north of City hall stop.

yeppo said:
Also if some one has gone from Penn it would be great if they can let me know. I stay on Long Island and will be using LIRR. Which would be the best way to reach Federal Plaza.

Thanks,

Yeppo

I did not go to Penn when I went for stamping.

I too live in LI and use the LIRR. I get off at Jamaica and take the E train to 51 street. Do the same. Transfer to #6 downtown and get off at Grand Central. Transfer to # 4 downtown and get off at City Hall. Ask some one there after you come out. Its about 3 blocks north of City hall.

Hope this helps.

Hey NYGCSeeker.,

NYGCSeeker said:
I have finished the staping of my passport Today (29th Dec 2004) at 26 Federal Plaza in New York City.

Here is my experience:

Hopped on the Subway at 6:15 am from Brooklyn. Got off at the Brooklyn Bridge/City Hall Station. 26 Federal Plaza is a couple of blocks from the station.

Stood in line at 6:45 am at the Worth Street Entrance. There were about 40-50 people already in the line.

At 7 am the Guard seperated people into two lines. One line for the people with Info Pass Appointment and the other line for ones without the appointment.

At 7:10 am, the line for the people with appointments started moving and the Guard was checking the Appointment letter and directing people to enter the building.

I entered the building and went through a metal detector (Setup is similar to the airport check in). There is an escalator to the left and I went two flights up to Room 310.

There is a line which is formed once you enter the Room. Stood in the line for about 5-10 mins and proceeded to the officer who checks the Appointment letter, Scans the Barcode on the appointment letter. He then pulled out a token and stapled it to the appointment letter. He then asked me to go to Room 300 which is again to the left as you exit Room 310.

Once in Room 310, I made myself comfortable and started with off with my newspaper.

At about 7:45 am, a lady started working. She punches in the numbers and there is a speaker system that announces the token numbers in English and Spanish along with the counter number.

At about 8:15 am, my number was called. I went to the counter and showed her my Appointment letter with the token, the Approval letter, photos and passport.

She asked me for my EAD and APs. She also asked me to tear the I-94 from my H1 and hand it over to her. She then proceeded to put the Photos, I94s(from passport and H1) in a small clear envelope. She also prepared a blank form (I do not know what that is) and asked me to spread my right hand and dip the index finger on the black ink pad and then place it on the form. I also had to sign the form. She reversed the form and repeated the procedure. Then I was asked to wait in the same room.

At 8:30 am, there was another counter open for receiving the documents.

At about 9 am another lady opened a counter and started handing out the passports back. They call your name at that point and not by the token number.

At 9:15 my name was called and the lady showed me the stamp. I then collected the passport, checked the A# and the validity date.

Got out of the building by 9:30 am and back to work by 10 am.

Thanks for your information.
What a wounderful experience more useful.

If chance please give information about

1) valid date (duration of time) of stamping
2) If we have GC (without stmp in the case of kids) is it GC enough to go India?
and back to US?
3) PP stamping is working as visa? even worthful after we got the GC card?

Thanks once again to You and ur time

Regards.,

usinsuser99

Hey thanks Aditanna,

Just saw ur reply. Is this the easier way as I am a real Long Island vasi and newer visit NY often. The subways confuse the hell out of me.

Pls let me know as you seem to know this well. If I go from Penn would I still need to change so many trains. I am planning to go from Ronkonkoma and my appt is at 10:00AM. When should I leave.

Thks in anticipation,

Yeppo

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey aditanna.,

aditanna said:
Take the 4 Downtown and get off at the City Hall stop. After exiting ask someone to get to Federal Plaza as I don't know which exit you will come out of. It is about 3 blocks north of City hall stop.

thanks a lot ur inforamtion.
If there is any advise to me please let me, we (myself,spouse,kids(somedody told no need stamping for kids)) on 4th Jan.

Regards.,

usinsuser99

yeppo said:
Hey thanks Aditanna,

Just saw ur reply. Is this the easier way as I am a real Long Island vasi and newer visit NY often. The subways confuse the hell out of me.

Pls let me know as you seem to know this well. If I go from Penn would I still need to change so many trains. I am planning to go from Ronkonkoma and my appt is at 10:00AM. When should I leave.

Thks in anticipation,

Yeppo

From Penn Station, you have to take the E Downtown to Chambers Street and ofcourse you ask someone over there for directions. This way you use only one subway train.
I dont know how long it takes from Ronkonkoma to Penn station. Take the 7.57 from Ronk, it reached Penn at 9.17. On the E train, it should not take more than 20 mts max. Anyway check the schedules again and confirm the timings. With LIRR you never know if they have changed something!

Good Luck.

usinsuser99 said:
Hey aditanna.,

thanks a lot ur inforamtion.
If there is any advise to me please let me, we (myself,spouse,kids(somedody told no need stamping for kids)) on 4th Jan.

Regards.,

usinsuser99

NYGCSeeker details are accurate. Follow them. I had only one misstep when I was there. The lady did not ask me for the approval notice and I only mentioned I was there for PP stamping. So she gave me a ticket for room 320. It seems there are other PP stampings done, not just GC's. I wasted about 15 minutes. Make sure you go to the correct room numbers. 310 and then 300.

You should be fine. Good luck.

thanks aditanna.

aditanna said:
NYGCSeeker details are accurate. Follow them. I had only one misstep when I was there. The lady did not ask me for the approval notice and I only mentioned I was there for PP stamping. So she gave me a ticket for room 320. It seems there are other PP stampings done, not just GC's. I wasted about 15 minutes. Make sure you go to the correct room numbers. 310 and then 300.

You should be fine. Good luck.

thanks aditanna. I am thinking I may even just hop into a cab from Penn to Federal Plaza. But the direct E train is also a good option.

Happy new year.

Rgds,

Yeppo

usinsuser99 said:
Hey NYGCSeeker.,

Thanks for your information.
What a wounderful experience more useful.

If chance please give information about

1) valid date (duration of time) of stamping

---- The stamp is valid for a year.

2) If we have GC (without stmp in the case of kids) is it GC enough to go India?
and back to US?

---- I am not sure

3) PP stamping is working as visa? even worthful after we got the GC card?

---- Yes, The stamp specifically says that is is a valid for work

Thanks once again to You and ur time

Regards.,

usinsuser99

Please see the inline comments

Update

Got my PP stamped today. Miserable weather and long delays but at the end of the day the stamping was done.

I dont know why but it took a long time today. Maybe Thursdays are bad or could be the backlog after long holidays...

Entered at 10:00 AM and got out at about 2:30 PM. Went to SS office and submitted for removing restriction on card and was back at Penn station for the train back home.

NY city is not my favorite place esp. on a wet winter day and was glad to back in the burbs.

As somebody said the actual stamp does look pretty unimpressive (as to what I expected) but hey who cares as long as it is there.

Its a weird feeling of lightness after the staming esp. with the wait since July 2001 when my labor was filed but I am glad it is over.

Now the card wait begins...

Yeppo

Hello members.,

Any body got LUD updates after PP stamped at federal plaza.
If yes better posted here. I guess thouse are more useful.

AD 12/22/04
PS 1/4/05
LUD not yet after PP stamping.

thanks.,
usinsuser99

Hello members.,

My LUD updated today, message same like (case been approved)

my details.,
AD 12/22/04
PS 1/4/05

LUD 13/1/05 (message same like "case has been approved")

thanks.,
usinsuser99

Last edited by a moderator:
URGENT Gurus can you help?

I live in NJ and my office is in New York. Can I do my stamping in New York, though my home is in NJ?

Thanks in advance

Update on NY Federal Plaza stamping

As the original poster I am updating the thread to the current guidelines to avoid confusion.

At the time I did the stamping, most other USCIS offices required Infopass but Federal Plaza did not. However it changed later. My wife went for stamping on early January and Infopass is mandatory. At the time I received the approval notice it said about any Friday stamping. But lately USCIS started sending notice with the infopass requirement. After that appointment is required. When you have Infopass you must go to the front entrance. Not to the Worth St.
So please follow the instructions on your approval notice.

Yesterday I received email of my wife's card order. She should have the card soon. So I will be pretty much done here. Anyway I will visit forum and contribute what I know. Also these visits will keep me updated on the current issues.

Good luck to everybody.

Hello members.,

I went for federal plaza for replace the my son's card which had not middlename/initial on his gc
we applied I 90 for correction.They took original error card.
they told me within 2 months i should get receipt from Vermont
0 fee.
federal plaza work is little bit painfull

they stamped I 551 for 1 year, but passport validation is only 7 months.
can i use other 5 months I 551 stamp validation after getting the new PP?

is there any body this situation please share

ND 12/1/03
AD 12/22/04
PS 01/04/05

CO 01/27/05 --> for primary
LUD 01/19/05 --> message not changed for spouse

thanks.,
usinsuser99

Hello members.,

myself

ND 12/1/03
AD 12/22/04