NY Federal Plaza Stamping instructions.

I got an infopass for Thursday 2

Guys, have got the approval letter but the lawyer told me to go with the infopass. I went online and could get an infopass for Thursday 2 Dec.

Now after reading the posts, I am not sure if I will get my job done on a Thursday? Now I am thinking of going and giving it a try without infopass on FRIDAY 26 NOV. What do you think.

I would say just go to Worth Street entrance with all the papers. On that gate they don't check infopass.

ksnm said:
Guys, have got the approval letter but the lawyer told me to go with the infopass. I went online and could get an infopass for Thursday 2 Dec.

Now after reading the posts, I am not sure if I will get my job done on a Thursday? Now I am thinking of going and giving it a try without infopass on FRIDAY 26 NOV. What do you think.

Whether you go with or without an Infopass, make sure you go on a Friday.

I got an Infopass appointment, since my attorney suggested to get an Infopass.And, the approval letter said,go on a friday.
I just combined both and got an Infopass appt for a Friday.

ksnm said:

will try on friday

I checked the USCIS web site and seems the Federal Plaza office is open on Friday 26th. I will give it a shot without infopass.

For infopass, it just gave me a choice of times for Thursday 2nd Dec. I guess it will give me the 3rd dec when its exhausted with 2nd Dec times, which means I have to keep trying till I see a Friday. Is that so?

Did my stamping at NY today

I did my stamping at NY today, It was a breeze thanks to the valuable info posted in this thread, I was able to guide others there as well. I reached around 8:20 there was no line on the Worth st entrance, I didnt' take Infopass apt and they didnt' ask for it. I just showed them my approval notice and ID and they let me enter the building, I recieved the token in RM 300 at 8:25 AM, was out of the builing by 10:10, in which time I did my passport stamping, went to 6th fl cafeteria had breakfast and then went to 31st floor to apply for a new SSN card also.

thank you all for your help.

ak2002 said:
I did my stamping at NY today, It was a breeze thanks to the valuable info posted in this thread, I was able to guide others there as well. I reached around 8:20 there was no line on the Worth st entrance, I didnt' take Infopass apt and they didnt' ask for it. I just showed them my approval notice and ID and they let me enter the building, I recieved the token in RM 300 at 8:25 AM, was out of the builing by 10:10, in which time I did my passport stamping, went to 6th fl cafeteria had breakfast and then went to 31st floor to apply for a new SSN card also.

thank you all for your help.

Which room should I go to apply for a new SSN? And what docs are required?

I am waiting for my I-485 notice, and I plan to get the stamp without the infopass. Did you get your stamp done on a friday, or any weekday should be fine? Thanks in advance.

Open_sesame

I went on a friday without infopass, went in through the Worth street entrance. Social security is on 31st floor, after you get your passport stamped, take the elevator to the 6th floor ( that's where the cafeteria is ) walk around the elevator banks to get the elevator to 31st floor. Once you get off the elevator, you will see the sign for Social security office. Btw if you live in Brooklyn, you can't apply for new ssn card in NY city anymore, you'll need to go to the office in Metrotech. all other boroughs can continue to apply in NYC.

Hi laptop,

Once you receive the GC approval notice, does approvalnotice have the InfoPass appointment date and time OR should we call some number to get this appointment?

Please reply me.

Thanks

you need to go to USCIS website to make infopass apt

You can make an infopass appointment by going to the following site,

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

My approval notice said to go to NY federal plaza office on friday between 7:30AM to 4:30 AM.

got my stamping done on Friday 26th Nov

They did not ask for an infopass appointment. Entered thru Worth St.

Went to 3rd Floor. Took token at 9:20 AM. Went to another room. My token was called in few minutes. Gave my approval notice, 2 full front face pictures, finger print, signature and EADs. He asked for the EADs.

Waited again and few minutes later again my token was called to another window. The lady gave me the passport, showed me the stamping and congratulated me, with a smile too.

Was out of the building at 9:50 AM. The whole deal took half hour only.

P.S.: Felt so good that walked from there into chinatown, then east on canal street thru the markets, and then up broadway till Union Sq, and then further up till 23rd Street. :) Good exercise.

I can't believe what I did. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Got the approval notice (courtesy copy), which doesn't even mention the Federal Plaza or go on a Friday blah blah... It only says I need to set up an infopass appointment.

According to what I read here, I decide to try without the infopass appointment.

Okay, I got up very early in the morning, jumped on the train, and went all the way to vardick street (where I did my fingerprints, and I thought that was the federal plaza you guys were talking about!!!!!!) I reached at 7:27am and came into the building at 8:10, and I started to looking for the 3rd floor... No 3rd floor!!!

I asked around, everyone told me to go to the 10th floor (where you do the fp stuff). There was an immigration officer, he told us to go to the federal plaza. Finally I realized I went to the wrong place! :eek:

Finally I reached the plaza at 8:50am. People were lined up already. And this time security guys were very firm about the infopass appointment. If you don't have it, you will be asked to go the information room, and set up an appointment. If you are lucky, you will talk to someone on the same day, otherwise, make an appointment and come back that day.
I waited 40 minutes to set up an appointment, and I have to come back next Monday.

So, my suggestion, go with an infopass appointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
PP stamped on 12/3/2004

My approval notice did not mention anything about Friday. So I got an infopass on Dec.3 10:30am. Went to the Federal Plaza around 10:30am. Tried Worth street entrance and was directed to the main gate. Waited 10-20 min at gate then directed to the 310 room. A lot of people waiting there but line moved quick. After 40 min waiting I got a token and went to the room 300. Only few people there and all for PP stamp. Around 12:20pm I have the PP stamped. The office told us that the card will arrive in 6 to 12 months.

If you don't have anything mention of Friday on your approval notice, please definitely get an infopass! And I guess any weekday should be ok then.

AD: 11/18/2004
PS: 12/3/2004

Finally got it!

I think now the security guys are very strict on infopass appointment. I went on last Friday (without infopass) and this Monday(with infopass). Infopasses were required on both days. Even with infopass, the guard on Worth Street will direct you to the main entrance.

If you arrive too early for you appointment, the security guy even would ask you to come back later!

In that case, just tell the outside guard you want to make a new appointment. Once you come into the building (after pass the security check point), tell the inside guard you have an appointment, he will direct you to go upstairs (room 310).

Also if you go with your family, make sure everyone has his/her own infopass printed!

stamped today

485 approval 12/15/04
stamped today with infopass appointment of 7:30am was out of bldg by 10:30am meanwhile just for your info the social security office did not allow to remove restriction on social security card just with approval notice before they saw stamped passport. they did it once I went up with my passport stamped.

Everybody need infopass I think now. Main entrance

What all docs did they ask for ?
Did they retain anything ?
Any questions ?
Do they take an electronic or ink fingerprint and which finger.

Thanks,

Yeppo

NO more walk in without Info pass

Today my wife went for stamping without Info pass. As per the tread she went from worth street . The guard directed her thro main entrance. The guards at main door are nasty. Looks like they own the place. Any how she was not allowed with out an Info pass. She even request , theres an emergency and she had to fly to India. Those guards don't care. You show me info pass and Approval letter and walk In. My wife made Info apportment for JAn 5th, 2005 .

PLEASE DO NOT GO WITHOUT INFO PASS. ITS A WASTE OF TIME.

Completed the Passport Stamping.

I have finished the staping of my passport Today (29th Dec 2004) at 26 Federal Plaza in New York City.

Here is my experience:

Hopped on the Subway at 6:15 am from Brooklyn. Got off at the Brooklyn Bridge/City Hall Station. 26 Federal Plaza is a couple of blocks from the station.

Stood in line at 6:45 am at the Worth Street Entrance. There were about 40-50 people already in the line.

At 7 am the Guard seperated people into two lines. One line for the people with Info Pass Appointment and the other line for ones without the appointment.

At 7:10 am, the line for the people with appointments started moving and the Guard was checking the Appointment letter and directing people to enter the building.

I entered the building and went through a metal detector (Setup is similar to the airport check in). There is an escalator to the left and I went two flights up to Room 310.

There is a line which is formed once you enter the Room. Stood in the line for about 5-10 mins and proceeded to the officer who checks the Appointment letter, Scans the Barcode on the appointment letter. He then pulled out a token and stapled it to the appointment letter. He then asked me to go to Room 300 which is again to the left as you exit Room 310.

Once in Room 310, I made myself comfortable and started with off with my newspaper.

At about 7:45 am, a lady started working. She punches in the numbers and there is a speaker system that announces the token numbers in English and Spanish along with the counter number.

At about 8:15 am, my number was called. I went to the counter and showed her my Appointment letter with the token, the Approval letter, photos and passport.

She asked me for my EAD and APs. She also asked me to tear the I-94 from my H1 and hand it over to her. She then proceeded to put the Photos, I94s(from passport and H1) in a small clear envelope. She also prepared a blank form (I do not know what that is) and asked me to spread my right hand and dip the index finger on the black ink pad and then place it on the form. I also had to sign the form. She reversed the form and repeated the procedure. Then I was asked to wait in the same room.

At 8:30 am, there was another counter open for receiving the documents.

At about 9 am another lady opened a counter and started handing out the passports back. They call your name at that point and not by the token number.

At 9:15 my name was called and the lady showed me the stamp. I then collected the passport, checked the A# and the validity date.

Got out of the building by 9:30 am and back to work by 10 am.

Got stamped today

My experience has been exactly the same as NYGCSeeker explained. The only difference is today they called people by their token numbers to collect passports.

One more thing I would like to mention is that although every single member getting stamped should get an infopass appointment, the lady giving the tokens gave my spouse and myself a single token after asking us if we are one family :)

Our appointment was for 7:15AM, got in the line at around 6:45, went into the building by 7:20, submitted the passports by 8AM, and received them back after stamping by around 9AM. I guess one final step remains - the actual card.

Just for reference, following are our dates.

Labor RD - Aug 8 2003, AD - Dec 8 2003
I-140 RD - Mar 31 2004, AD - Aug 8 2004
I-485 RD - Mar 31 2004, AD - Dec 13 2004 (FP Nov 4, 2004)
PS - Dec 30, 2004

Hellow Gurus.,

I did not know much NY city.
How to go to Federal Plaza from Grand central train station in NY city.

Thanks in advance.,

Regards.,

usinsuser99

Also if some one has gone from Penn it would be great if they can let me know. I stay on Long Island and will be using LIRR. Which would be the best way to reach Federal Plaza.

Thanks,

Yeppo