NWD September interview

Interview at NWD consulate

Hello guys

I have sent a few emails to the US consulate in Delhi enquiring about my possible interview date but haven't got any reply.

I am using the following e mail address .......nivnd@state.gov

Anyhow, as per NVC, my case was transferred to New Delhi on 13Aug'02 (via DHL). Could someone suggest me as to when possibly should I expect my interview (Oct/Nov- begining/end)..and also what should I do more to get NWD consulate to reply.

Thanks a lot !

khalas

email address looks good tey from some other email-id.every time i tried i tried from different email-id. you can also call nwd.

i think nov -end interview would be more likely.

indi

case sent by NVC to NWD on AUG 13

Hey Khalsa,
I am in the same boat as you are, the case was sent on the same date to NVC. Why dont you email me at thedutt@yahoo.com and we can get in touch.

I was able to get response from NWD from the email you had sent, but on Aug 21st they still had not recieved my case. Interestingly on the aug 21st reply, I was informed to be patient and hope for the best.I sent an email again on Sept 2nd and did not receive a reply yet.

The phone number never seems to work for me. It is 011-91-11-419-8062 right ? Even if I get a ring, no one picks it up... Any other way to contact the NWD embassy?

NWD Contact

Dear Khalsa and Dutt,

You can call NWD at 011-91-11-4198-062. You should try between 10:30 AM and 12:00 PM Indian time. I have tried numerous times and have been successful on most of the days.

I had e-mailed NWD and they replied in 1-week with my interview date (yesterday). But, earlier I got no e-mail response from them when interview date was not generated. When I talked to NWD, they had told me to wait 3-months from the day a case number was generated for me at NWD. I got my interview for Oct 4th (exactly 92 days after case was generated).

I hope it helps.

Deepak

where are all august folks ?????

very few mails from folks who got their interview done in aug....please post you exp. it will help everyone.

thanks in advance.
indi

Thanks everyone for your help!!

Hey Dutt..I have sent you an email @ yahoo...keep me posted on whatever happens

Khalas & Dutt.......

Hey Khalas & Dutt.......

I am also in a similar stage. Mine is an AC-140 case and my case was created in New Delhi consulate on August 27th.

Deepshikha is right........try calling 011-91-11-4198-062 between 10:30 am and 12:00 noon, precisely. I tried other times too but got responses at this specific time and they were very helpful and patient too.

Do let us know how things work for u.......

SI

Thanks Guys!

Thanks a lot guys!!..It did work for me..NWD consulate confirmed that my interview is going to be in October..!!!

Oct interview

Hi Khalas,

Did you get an october date. Mine was send around the same time to delhi Aug13, but am sure will get Nov end. Maybe i need to call again.

But have'nt seen any August interview followups. Also anybody know if delhi is asking for local PCC.

Thanks

Questions

I have following questions and would appreciate if someone can help sort this out.

1) How much time one has after CP interview to enter back in the States? I have heard six months..is that correct?..are there any issues in entering later than sooner (within the stipulated 6 months)..e.g entering after 3 months.

2) Upon entering US,does one need to maintain a US address?..is this mandatory?..could you not use the office address for any reference?

3) Is it mandatory to enter at designated POE (e.g. where office is located) or could you enter anywhere?

Thanks !!

here are the answers ....

1) 6 months is right. There is no difference if u enter the next day or on the last day. No issues as long as u enter within the 6 months.

2) U should be able to give an office number for the cards but u have to maintain some US address. INS requires that all non-citizens to maitain an address on their records. When u move u should update it with AR-11 form. There have been some cases recently when a failure to report change of address resulted in INS initiating deportation proceedings !!

3) U can enter at any POE. There is no restriction.

Another Question for im999,Indi and others

I am currently out of US on an project.I left my appt. etc sometimes this july.On my DS230 part 1 form I have mentioned the following...

permanent address: not known yet
Address for GC deivery: Office address
Present address : address overseas i.e my project residence add.
...so there is no US residential address on my forms..........
Now I am hearing(from friends) that I have to have a US residence address before I should apprear for the interview.The logic being given is that "how can a permanent residence status be given to some who does not even have an address there".

This is obviously making me nervous as I don't know what questions I might come across because of all this.I have already obtained a letter from my company stating that I will be heading for our US office once my project is over in December.

Should I try to rent an appt. before my interview so as I have someting to show or is it just okay like is????

I'd appreciate any input on this.

Thanks!

there is no need to rent an apartment

before the interview .... u need a residence(maybe shared) after u enter the US... because once u are a GC holder, u are a permanent resident of the US ... one expection is that u can apply for the re-entry permit which allows u to remain outside the US (with a valid reason) for a max. time of 2 yrs ... but to apply for that, u need to be in the US and it takes 3 months for the INS to issue u one ...

U can always leave the US for less than 6 months and INS will not raise a red flag when u enter back .. but if u want to stay more than 6 months out, INS has the right to check ur intensions regarding ur PR .... the typical things they check are ur ties to the US eg: residence, relatives, tax returns, employment etc....

Also, if u think u need more time to enter the US, u can always postpone ur interview upto 1 year from the original date of interview ....

Successful Interview @NWD on Aug 28th ...

Finally I had my interview on 28th of August at New Delhi. I got the medicals done at Dr. Jain's clinic in south Ext. and photos at Rangoon Studio on Janpath.

I reached the embassy at 8 in the morning and was out of there by 10. Every thing went smooth. I had all the papers lined up properly, (Thanks to this portal for providing inputs on getting ready for the interview.)

I was first called around 8:20 and was asked for the required papers (some originals & for some copies). Then I signed the letter affirming my intention to join the employer back after getting into US. And was asked to wait for the cash counter to open so that caould pay the fees.
Then was again called around 9:40 or so. They verified my employment details and job descriptions etc. Fortunately no grilling as described by others.

The port of entry was Boston on 8th september and every thing went smooth and fast. It took about 20 minutes to be through and they said that I should get the card in 6 - 12 months time. I think that is standard verbage. As I have seen posts from previous cpers saying that they got it in about a months time. Hope I also get it soon.

Oh,what a relief!!!

And finally, this board has been very helpful during the whole process. Thanks to the board and all the participants.
I will be happy to answer any specific question, for any one.

VSN

Congratulations!!

Please say what you had (and what they asked for there etc.) about the following:

- PCC (only the Indian consulate stuff or more ..)
- Birth Certificate (Is affidavit from parents
good enough if one doesn't have a BC).

Thanks.

Thanks,

I had

1. PCC from Consulate General of India, New York
2. Registration of Birth issued by the Municipality in my town.

I had given copy of PCC initially. Then the lady who collected all papers asked for the original of those. For BC's copies were fine.
I can't comment about the affidavits, as I did not need them.

Hope this helps.