NWD September interview

sept dates

so folks..
who all has gotten their dates in september? we should coordinate so that we can be in touch in delhi..

mine is on sept 27 (long way still :)) i will be leaving from US on sept 19th and will be India till mid oct.

indi

e mail address for US consulate in India

can someone please inform me about the email adress for the consular section at the US consulate in India.

Thanks!

tax transcript

Hallo everyone
I am really not much of a regular here. I have aquestion and hopefully someone can answer it, as my lawyer cannot

the p4 asks for a Tax transcript what is that?
I ahve all my 1040's for past 3 years, would that be sufficient or do I need tax transcripts and how can I get those?
thanks in advance,
By the way my date in New delhi is Sep 23, so if anyone has the same date maybe we can hook up
thanks
Vijay

Congrats to all those who got the dates ...

svsarma ... u can take ur tax returns ...no need for the transcript ... they will ask u for the tax return for 2001.....

i had submitted the tax transcript as I had got mine from the IRS ...they have a 800 number u can call and request it ...it will take 1-2 weeks to arrive ...

Monu good u got in the Sept Visa Numbers ... weren't u worried about not getting it by October/November? ....

Nonu ...go to Delhi Photo Studio in Janpath ..they give the picture in 15 mins ... there is a Rangoon Studio also next to it ....

To all ... just be wary of that lady who takes the interview .... be specific in answering to her and use technical lingo ... she will be rude but just jhello her for 10 mins and u will get the VISA :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks im999

How are you
how is post GC life treating you, much relaxed I hope. I hope that lady you speak of is not there at the time of my interview

I 134

Indi can you reply to this one please...

I-134
My attorney sent me complete I-134 (support letter for spouse) with the interview package. On the second page (back of first page) contents are printed upside down. My attorney told me that;s the way it is supposed to be. Can someone confirm this? Or its just that my attorney printed it with wrong printer option.

Thanks

I-134 is a piece of cake .....

Attorney doesn't need to be mentioned at all, neither is it required that he fill it for you ....

best is to do it urself ... go to INS website and fill in the form just the way ur attorney has done so ... no need to fill his name etc ... take a printout (either both sides or 2 pages) and get it notarized ...

I had taken it on 2 pages and it was not a problem ...

Last edited by a moderator:
marksheets/degree

Does anyone know if we should be carrying our engineering marksheets & degree with us (original or photocopies). I donot think they should be asking to see marksheet/degree but then I am still debating.

I don't think there is a harm taking it with us

atleast if they ask we have it.
it is better to have more than what they need. I am taking it with me.

indi

take as many documents as possible ...

u don't want to get stranded there for a stupid document ... I had taken 2 laptop bags full of documents ....

take as many documents as possible ...

u don't want to get stranded there for a stupid document ... I had taken a 2 laptop bags full of documents ....

Immunization

I have inteview on Oct 4, 2002 at NWD. I do not have any immunization record. Is it possible to get the immunization done in Houston? Does any body have the list of the required immunizations?

Thanks
Deepak

Medical done at Dr Jain

OK! I am done with my medical with Dr Jain.

Some notes...
1_ Plan to reach Dr Jains place around 9 o'clock. If you get late
you might be asked to go for X ray first and then come back.
You will save some un-necessery travelling if you reach early.
Do not underestimate the morning traffic in Delhi.
2_ Dr Jain was fine, he was to the point and does his job quickly.
His assitants are good and work professionally.
3_ You will get your report between 5.30 and 6.00 PM (not at 5).
4_ Dr Jain seems to Draw blood from un-conventional spot in the
arm (donot know why). I have a big blue/black patch on my
arm and so does my wife.

I did my photographs at Delhi Photo Studio (Kumar is closed on
mondays).

Hope this helps...