NVC sents DS 3032 to beneficiary or petitioner?

Re: Re: Re: change of address

Finally!!! I got DS-3032. Nice envelope with full instructions and a graphic of where I am in the IV process. I'll mail it tomorrow.
CPTracker is a very good tool!!!

Re: G-28

Hi,

Company changed lawyer that I called NVC to ask what should I do? Operator says that I should ask new lawyer to update G-28 to NVC with case on it. I did request lawyer to send G-28 on Apr 22. So far I keep on following up with NVC, but they have not processed to update information. Operator says it takes 10-15 business days to enter into system. I also sent out fee bill to san louis. How can I do to make Package 3 on time to send to new laywer address? Can I fax to NVC to expedite process?

mlin144

mlin144,

That's not a problem. Once when the IV fee bill reaches the NVC --Portsmouth, then you could call them up and explain your situation. If you could get a copy of the G-28 form sent by the lawyer, fax the copy. That would really help. Even other wise, explain the situation they would certainly help. In anycase don't worry. If you had applied for an attorney change on the case, the NVC would not send it to the old lawyer untill the change has effected.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Re: G-28

Ganesh,

NVC AVM updated that fee beill is received by NVC on May 02 2003. Should I call NVC asap to explain my situation to avoid Package 3 sent to old laywer address? Should I also request my new lawyer to fax G-28 to NVC? Will NVC update laywer address right away once they receive fax? Can someone please share their experience?

Thanks!

mlin144

Yes mlin144,

1. Call ur Lawyer and ask him to fax a copy of G-28 to NVC
2. Call NVC and mention about the address change.
3. Ask them to send packet 3 to your new lawyer's address

Usually NVC will update the lawery's address within 3 to 5 business days...

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
Ganesh.

still waiting for DS 3032

I am still waiting for my DS 3032 form. It has been sent on 4/11/03. Why is it taking so long? I have also asked the operatpor to send me another one and they have sent it again on 4/29. That too hasn't reached my lawyer. I am contacting the lawyer only through my HR.

What steps should I make? My case was created in NVC on 3/24/03. Should I call NVC and ask them to send to my address instead of the lawyer's?

Thanks

DS 3032 question

Hi.
Is this form sent to everyone by rule? Or only to folks who have asked NVC to be sent the form because they have an intent to change attorneys/to-self?
In case the former, what's the timeline after NVC creates the case (upon getting the 140-notice from INS)? Is this a step before the fee-receipt step, or are both DS-3032 and fee receipt sent simultaneously?
thanks a lot!

DS3032 received by NVC

My status is as follows:

I-140 Approved: April 28
NVC case created: May 5

Today the NVC voice response system says "NVC has received the DS3032 choice of agent and address form and will send further instructions within the next few weeks".

My assumption is:

DS3032 was sent to my lawyer
My lawyer returned the DS3032
NVC received the DS3032
The next step is for NVC to issue the fee bill

The NVC voice response system never indicated the other steps (DS3032 sent, etc), which is why I ask.

I want to update cptracker with the correct dates, which is why I ask here.

Thanks,
neverendingstory

Re: still waiting for DS 3032

Originally posted by singarb
I am still waiting for my DS 3032 form. It has been sent on 4/11/03. Why is it taking so long? I have also asked the operatpor to send me another one and they have sent it again on 4/29. That too hasn't reached my lawyer. I am contacting the lawyer only through my HR.

What steps should I make? My case was created in NVC on 3/24/03. Should I call NVC and ask them to send to my address instead of the lawyer's?

Thanks

1. If *YOUR* address address is correct on the case do the following:

Call NVC and ask them to send DS-3032 form to your address instead of the lawyer's address (cook up story saying that there is a mail problem at lawyer's address..)

If they say they can't send it to your address, ask them to send it to the Petitioner's address (ie. your company's address)

Worse case, tell NVC that you have removed the attorney from your case and hence require DS-3032 to be sent to your address.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Re: DS 3032 question

Originally posted by zzzz_1976
Hi.
Is this form sent to everyone by rule? Or only to folks who have asked NVC to be sent the form because they have an intent to change attorneys/to-self?
In case the former, what's the timeline after NVC creates the case (upon getting the 140-notice from INS)? Is this a step before the fee-receipt step, or are both DS-3032 and fee receipt sent simultaneously?
thanks a lot!

DS-3032 is send only if there is services of the lawyer is not required any more. If there is a lawyer on the case, then all the communications are sent to the lawyer by *DEFAULT*. Yourself or your petitioner has to ask NVC to send DS-3032 to change this.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Talked to NVC

As I was still waiting for the DS 3032, I called NVC today and got hold of an operator. She asked me to send a letter stating that I want to go ahead with 'Consular Processing' and that my future correspondence would be a new address and that my lawyer no longer represents me.

Though I can put these details and fax it, I would like you guys to confirm what other information should I include before moving forward. It will be very helpful if you reply with the contents of the letter you sent to NVC. Also please give me the NVC address for the letter to be sent. The operator gave only the FAX number.

I know Airetupal, and bvganesh have done this. Help from either one or anybody else is much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Re: Talked to NVC

Originally posted by singarb
As I was still waiting for the DS 3032, I called NVC today and got hold of an operator. She asked me to send a letter stating that I want to go ahead with 'Consular Processing' and that my future correspondence would be a new address and that my lawyer no longer represents me.

Though I can put these details and fax it, I would like you guys to confirm what other information should I include before moving forward. It will be very helpful if you reply with the contents of the letter you sent to NVC. Also please give me the NVC address for the letter to be sent. The operator gave only the FAX number.

I know Airetupal, and bvganesh have done this. Help from either one or anybody else is much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Shure, Here you have my two cents:

in the letter you have to state what the NVC operator told you: your lawyer won't represent you anymore and all the henceforth correspondence needs to be sent directly to you at xxx address.

Include the NVC case number (if known), BCIS case Number, your date of birth and a phone number.

Be very polite!! and that's it!!! It takes time for the letter to be entered into their system. Almost by the same time NVC enters this letter the DS-3032 will be generated.

Hope this helps!!!!!

Just type the letter sign it and fax it to the specified number quoting attention of the respective operator.

Then you could send the signed letter to NVC office address at Portsmouth (Get the address from http://travel.state.gov/nvc.html). (I faxed it and send it by ordinary post)

Things to put in your letter:
Your Name,
Your case # (if one give by NVC else use your I-140 Notice #)
Your address:
Name of the Petitioner: (ie your company's name)

Check the attached document.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh

Info Sheet Arrived!

Thanks for your input guys,
It was very helpful. By the time when I formatted the letter, my employer called and guess what.....? the information sheet that was sent for the 2nd time has arrived. But I sent the fax anyway. I hope it will expedite the process.

But I have a question....the form DS 3032 I was expecting and the 'information sheet' I got were different. The letter(info sheet) said that I was eligible for AOS and do I still need to go with CP. And thats all. All others were just elaborating the rules and regulation. I did not get a sheet which asks 'whether I need to be represented by a lawyer' nor 'need for an address change'.

Does this ring any bells? Should the info I faxed would take care of everythinhg like

# Opting for CP
# Removing the lawyer
# Changing the address for the mails.

Thanks much!
singarb

Address change & CP or AOS confirmation.....

singarb,

There are 3 things and they have a subtle difference.

1. CP/AOS confirmation:

NVC randomly sends this 'information sheet' to people who are already in US and their case has been sent to NVC. Every year mistakenly INS sends a lot of cases that are deemed for AOS to NVC. Hence NVC's above procedure.

The NVC does not act on the case if they don't receive the confirmation the case in fact is intended for CP.

2. DS-3032 (Taking attorney out the case -- technically called "Agent of Choice Letter (ACL)" )

You are entitled to designated your own 'agent' to handle your case. By default it would be the attorney who files the case. If you want to change this, you would like to indicate NVC of the same. Then they send DS-3032 form and you'll have to fill it up and send it back.

Again, until they get the DS-3032 the NVC would not act on your case.

To initiate DS-3032, you would call NVC and let them know that you would like to designate someone as your agent (BTW, you could designate "yourself" as your agent). You also fax a letter on this regard so that it this servers as a record for NVC.

3. Change of your current address:

For records purpose, NVC would like to keep your address where you live called 'Your Residence Address'. Then NVC also has another address called 'Communication Address'. This usually would be the address of the Agent of Choice. (which could be your attorney's address or your home address or your company's address depending on who your agent is)

When you give a change of address, it is mainly for "Your Residence Address"

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
fee question for bvganesh/kdivekar/other gurus

hi.
can someone please help with this query. thanks,
i understand the $335 fee has to be sent in form of cashier's check. what name is the check supposed to be made payable to?

'Department of State'

Wait for detailed instructions from NVC including a barcoded face sheet which has to accompany your check!;)

Re: fee question for bvganesh/kdivekar/other gurus

hi.
can someone please help with this query. thanks,
i understand the $335 fee has to be sent in form of cashier's check. what name is the check supposed to be made payable to?

Check of $335 should be payable to : Department of State

Address: P.O. Box 952201, St. Louis, MO 63195-2201

Note: DOn't forget to put your NVC case number on the MO/Cashier check.

Thanks.

thanks guys!
i'm hoping to get the receipt from NVC soon and was thinking i could have the cashier's check made and ready! ..perhaps being too proactive! :) ... but i guess that comes with having had to wait for an eternity for my 140 to get done.. btw, the cashier's check being dated earlier than me having received the fee-receipt shouldn't be an issue, right?

Nothing wrong in getting prepared

thanks guys!
i'm hoping to get the receipt from NVC soon and was thinking i could have the cashier's check made and ready! ..perhaps being too proactive! :) ... but i guess that comes with having had to wait for an eternity for my 140 to get done.. btw, the cashier's check being dated earlier than me having received the fee-receipt shouldn't be an issue, right?

There is nothing wrong in getting the Cashier's check/MO in advance of the letter from NVC. Make sure you write your NVC case number on the mode of payment and also send the bar coded sheet with it.

Good Luck.