NVC->St Louis->NVC->Consulate Part 2

Thanks for the info. im9999

Mine is in Chennai. Do you know when Cehennai schedules the interview i.e what date the file need to be recievd. dhk

My suggestion would be to call the NVC

They are very nice and approachable.
Explain to them your situation and tell them that you have discovered an error in the way you filled it out.
I\'ve read elsewhere on this site that you can send some sort of addendum to correct your application.
Try to do this BEFORE your application is reviewed to avoid RFE.

How to deal with your situation

The best way to deal with this situation is to send a detailed letter explaning what the "NEW ADDITIONS" were to the DS230 form. After talking to NVC, I was told to do the same for my additions. However, mine were not critical, but I still felt. My reivew is going on right now and time will tell whether my approach was worth.

In any case, it is worth sending additional information pertaining to your DS230 form. Put the item # and the addition that you want to make. Talk to the NVC operator and get the address starting with P4 Department (right now I don\'t have it with me, but will let you later). That way the new additions will be included in your Packet-3.

Good luck.

Prince

still waiting to hear from New Delhi.My parents are going to check

today and I\'ll post details tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed.

desert_boy..........Is interview date still a mirage !!!!!!!!!

Did ur parents called consulate. Let us know.

my father called up NWD

even though they haven\'t received the p-3 they
say it could be any time now. It was sent out on
March 25th. they told my father that the interview
, most likely, will be sometimes in June. Additionally,
they said that the P-4 will be sent to the address
mentioned in the P-3. Is their an email address for
NWD which I can use to communicate my address in India
where I want them to post my P-4.
desrt_boy, canigetgc and others, please advise ...

This what my parents said!!

"As per the lady on line your documents have not been recd. as yet .They are however expected within this month.She further said that the delay is probably from the National visa center .She also added that we may check after 7 to 10 days time "

Case forwarded to New Delhi on April 9th

Has anybody got confirmation that their case has been received at New Delhi counsulate? How should I proceed to track the progress of the case being logged in at New Delhi, the Packet 4 process and ultimately getting an interview date. Please advise. Thanks

Rohtak

my bro case done from st louise now at nvc ???

my brother case done at st louise on 3-25-02 now at NVC to go to consulate in Ndelhi my question is his visitor visa refuse 3 years before is it make any thing wrong in his case at CP NEW DELHI i need ur advice my lawyer dont have any idea his case is E3 and i think interview date may be in june help me i m worried
sanjay

No Title

Desert_boy - This is regarding PCC at CGNY. Are you sure they accept photo copy of the passport, I also had these copies notarised.
I need my passport in possesion because i need it as photo id while i am taking Toefl exam. My exam date is 26th april and I do not want any delay in applying PCC as my PKt3 is already sent on 8th april.
Should i need to send it over mail or I can drop personally as I work near consulate.Please give your input.

I am

a 100% certain that they accept passport photocopies. Mine wasnt even notarised. I just dropped it there personally. I would strongly recommend that you do the same.

How long it\'s taking after I-140 approval from NSC?

How long it\'s(the final interview in India consulate) taking after I-140 approval from NSC? Just a ball park figure..

Thanks in Advance.

Chennai CP : Queries...

First, thanks to everyone for taking some time off to post your thoughts/experiences/information. Everyone benefits from the same. Please keep up the good work.

A few general queries on CP in Chennai..

(1) I found it extremely difficult to book tickets on direct flights to Chennai. Are others having similar experiences? Any suggestions on how to overcome that?

(2) How many days do you plan to schedule for the stay in Chennai? More importantly, how many days AHEAD would you advice on reaching Chennai to complete all formalities?

(3) Per my earlier understanding: IF Chennai consulate receives the Pkt3 from NVC before the 12th of a month, they schedule the EB2 interviews during the last two weeks of the FOLLOWING month. However, it looks like that is no longer the case and that it takes more time. Is that so?

My status - NVC received my Pkt3 from St.Louis on 3/18 and informed it takes four to six weeks for review. (I was, and still am, hoping that they are done by mid April and send it to Chennai and they in turn schedule the interview in June).

Thank you all,

im9999.mine still didnt make it to NVC

im9999, I called NVC today..and they still didnt receive my Packet from St.Louis..

However,my money order is already encashed on 8th April..
I would try calling them on Monday..
When are u planning to call..I am begining to suspect if my lawyer really did send it on 27th...otherwise the 14days thing doesnot hold true..

Shanks

Shanks ... mine did not reach either !!!! This really sucks now ....

I have not been able to verify when the money was withdrawn as my lawyer handled sending the money .....

I hope it reaches on Monday or I think NVC is slowing down and we might get stuck !!!

One more thing ... I clarified regarding that reconfirmation letter that WatchTSC was talking about ... the operator told me that it is not required for my case ....

Thats a good news..

If you go thru cptracker.com, there are quite a few people who have got there review done in 2-3 weeks..also i found a case where it took NVC 20 days to update after the cheque was cleared..but his review was done in 3 days after that...This is highly unpredictable..

Shanks