NVC->St Louis->NVC->Consulate Part 2

When I spoke to Mr Swami..........

He was not sure of time frame for interview with this new NVC procedure. Even if it takes 2 months, we have chances for May interview.
Desert_boy: I have ur email address. I will keep in touch. U did excellent job with the list.

God is Great - review completed

My review was completed on 03/22/02.
Pkt3 received by NVC on 02/25/02.
Consulate is Mumbai.
Thanks to god and all.

desert_boy, After reading through all the details you mentioned in the 1st ..

.. 2 posts I thought I have understood the CP process.

Going through some other posts, I have few questions:
1) What is I824 ?
2) What is AC140 ?
3) Can I get PCC at Delhi Passport Office (Mine was issued there)
   on same day ?
4) My wife\'s PP was issued in Hyderabad PO. Does she need to get PCC
   from there ?
5) My attorney says I need to have all certificates including PCC
   ready with me prior to sending Pkt3 to St. Louis ? Is this correct ?

desert_boy or anybody please let me know.

Best Regards,
gcseeker02.

What is IRS 9003 that you mention under Folder 1

Is it part of Pkt 4?

Thanks for spending time to set up a concise guide!

Here is my view on item 3,4,5.

For 3 & 4
If you and your wife are in USA then you can get PCC through your nearest Indian consulate(which in turn send them to respective RPO office in india and gets the PCC). That is it. u don\'t need any other pcc from any where. It takes maximun of 45 days to get PCC and minimun time depends upon the speed the indian consulate gets reply back from respective RPO office.
5. Till now any one in this forum including me did not sent any documents with PKT3 after the new process was implemented.
It is just DS230 part 1 for u ,ur spouse + kids plus $260 for each applicant(money order or cashier check).
May be ur attorney is not clear about the new process same thing happened with my attorney until i got my pkt3 from NVC.

Hope some one will be able to show light on the first two items for you.

Anybody who mailed their P3 to St. Louis in March ...has the packet been received by NVC yet !!

Thanks Ssuresh

I requested my lawyer and he also gave me the same format for affidavit what you have given.

I had procured Affidavits in lieu of actual Birth Certificates for me and my

wife. Thought was all set from BC point of view.

Now attorney says, if I am providing affidavit of birth (from my parents)
I also need a letter from a competent governamental authority that
the original birth certificate cannot be issued or is not available.

Did any of you have this problem ?

Which is the competent governamental authority in this case ?

Many Thanks !!

A Non Availability certificate is required!

If I am not wrong, you can get it from local Municipal office or the birth/death registar office.

-XML

IRS 9003 form and IRS 2063 (Sailing Permit)

Is there anybody planning to get IRS 2063 filed before leaving US? Do we really need this document? My lawyer says "NO". What are the views of guys on this thread?
As I understood IRS9003 form will be submitted with P4 at consulate and IRS 2063 (Sailing Permit) is required to be taken in person from IRS office. Is there anyone with different thought?

Update

P3 Sent to St Louis = 03/11/02
NVC received from St Louis = 03/25/02
(It took full 2 weeks)
Operator told me it will take 6 to 8 week to review the case.

Go_on

NVC Review done.Please give me some info regarding marriage

Hi Guys ,
Just an update.
My review was done on march 25th .It will noe take 2-4 weeks to reach the consulate
NVC received packet 3 on 26th feb
packet 3 mailed to st.louis on feb 15th.
I have a question i will really appreciate if any one can give me some useful input.My lawyer has ZERO knowledge in this.

Can i do a court marriage after the interview.If so what is the procedure to include her name so that we both can enter the US.If i do a court marriage than Invitation card and photos will be a problem.How can i prove to them that its a valid marriage.Some where i read that they ask for photos and card.Please give me some infom.Any one please.I am in deep trouble because of this

How do i get an affidav. of support .I mean notarised when i am in india.

Yes, you can marry after the interview but before comming to USA

Your wife may not be able to accompany you unless you plan on waiting in India for couple of months ( the consulate would take atleast 60 days to schedule the interview for ur wife).

You will have to send the DS 230 PART1 for ur wife to the consulate showing that you already have the IV VISA.

Better consult a lawyer tooo ,because this might need lot of documentaion and make sure your wife gets the interview date befor u come to USA,because once ur in USA..u can NOT DO ANYTHING.

shanks

Packet3 question

Do we need to write complete address of employer in Item#22 in location column or just the city, state, zip will do.

Thanks