Nunc Pro Tunc Asylum Applications

annaraka

Registered Users (C)
Hey people,

I went to my congresswoman's office today and met with her immigration constituent rep. I was worried about my recent request to reaply for asylum nunc pro tunc, as i got my riginal asylum as a derivative through my father before i was 21.

The congress rep. called their contacts at the NSC and this is what I got:

1. Applicants for I-485 who received derivative asylum, and are requested to reapply nunc pro tunc, are only required to fulfill this requirement as a formality, i.e. they need to send their asylum application I-589 only so that they will have it on file in their name, it doesn't necessarily mean that their staus is being reevaluated. (I am not sure that I am fully convinced though)

2. The new "law" is that asylees are to be processed for GC in 6 months to 2 years, more likely two years.

I don't believe a word those freaks at the immigration say, though.

Good luck all,

AR

6 months to 2 years

That is good news especially for those who have been waiting since 2000 for a freakin GC

thanks for the input

kalvar said:
6 months to 2 years

That is good news especially for those who have been waiting since 2000 for a freakin GC

thanks for the input
For people with ND 00 (some are still waiting for GC), 01, and 02, we already waited more than 3 years!! Does that mean we should get our GC now??

hahhahahahhhaaaaaaa

Well, actually I understood the immigration person's claim as valid for people who are currently applying for GC, as things are surely moving a little faster lately.

But hey, like I said I don't believe a word from those bastards.

Btw, my ND -- August 2000.

to annaraka

dear ANNARAKA i have a question to ask you,

my wife became derivative asylee in 2001 because i was asylee,

her timeline is :

ND : JAN 2002
FP : MAY 2004
RFI : SEP 2005
BIO : SEP 28 2005
LUD CHANGED : OCT 3 2005

DO YOU THINK SHE WILL RECEIVE EMAIL REQUESTING NUNC AND TUNC,

I DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS THIS,

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF SHE IS REQUIRED TO DO THAT,

AND WHAT THE HELL TUNC AND NUNC MEAN ?

YOUR REPLY IS APPRECIATED

John Smith 1 said:

her timeline is :

She should but she might not due to lack of competency of Immigration staff.

John Smith 1 said:

her timeline is :

Dear John Smith,

I am not sure whether she will or not receive the request for nunc pro tunc asylum. From what I gather, one only receives that if one no longer qualifies as a derivative, i.e. divorce from the original beneficiary or the child of the original beneficiary turns over 21. I may be wrong.

Nunc pro tunc means that they have to apply for asylum on their own merit (or tbasically that it will be reviewed as of when you applied, or postdated) but it is usually only a matter of paperwork. It is like an order that is signed now, has an effect as of an earlir date.

But don't worry, it seems that these requests by cis are quite infrequent.

They will not reevaluate your asylum eligibility as long as you have not acquired some kind of permanent status in another country. You can actually skip the substantive questions on the application form. Just answer the biographical questions.

You will need to be fingerprinted again and also appear at the asylum office for a pro forma interview.

annaraka said:
Hey people,

I went to my congresswoman's office today and met with her immigration constituent rep. I was worried about my recent request to reaply for asylum nunc pro tunc, as i got my riginal asylum as a derivative through my father before i was 21.

The congress rep. called their contacts at the NSC and this is what I got:

1. Applicants for I-485 who received derivative asylum, and are requested to reapply nunc pro tunc, are only required to fulfill this requirement as a formality, i.e. they need to send their asylum application I-589 only so that they will have it on file in their name, it doesn't necessarily mean that their staus is being reevaluated. (I am not sure that I am fully convinced though)

2. The new "law" is that asylees are to be processed for GC in 6 months to 2 years, more likely two years.

I don't believe a word those freaks at the immigration say, though.

Good luck all,

AR

no as long as you stay married you are OK.

John Smith 1 said:

her timeline is :