Number of officers working on 485’s

Re: How to find OFFICER# ?

Originally posted by kashmir
I am trying the same thing at CSC forum.
How can we find the officer # ?
We can find the following information at RFE?
CSC 14099_WS24469_DIV I/tv
Which part is the officer # ?
Hi, ND-July2002 and davh,
Thanks for the info.
RFE that CSC issues seems not to have an officer #.

This is a sickening thread. What is the difference between those officers and you if you post discriminatory stuff like this? What purpose is served by identifying who the officer is? Do you know how many approvals these officers have accorded in the recent past?
I dont see a pattern from the officers. I think we should stop identifying or speculating in this way and concentrate on helping people get over the RFE without a sense of vendetta.
I will be closing this thread in a day or two, if I dont hear compelling arguements against.

Originally posted by jaxen
This is a sickening thread. What is the difference between those officers and you if you post discriminatory stuff like this? What purpose is served by identifying who the officer is? Do you know how many approvals these officers have accorded in the recent past?
I dont see a pattern from the officers. I think we should stop identifying or speculating in this way and concentrate on helping people get over the RFE without a sense of vendetta.
I will be closing this thread in a day or two, if I dont hear compelling arguements against.

Jaxen, I don't understand what you are saying here.
I didn't find anything here which makes me think it is discriminatory stuff.
There is just A occassional joke by v485K.

Maybe therefore I don't find this a sickening thread at all but in fact a good thread.
And i am very sure there are many others here who don't find this a sickening thread.

disagree

I disagree with Jaxen too.

This gives comfort and hope to folks in 2002 to see that there are officers working on the cases. The more officers there are the quicker the approvals will be.

And for folks like me who are stuck with an officer I have used this information to contact the congresspeople to say that there are other officers who are working but what happened to mine.

You can feel the way you want to but I don't think it would be necessary to close this thread.

Disagree!!

Jaxen,

I don't see any part of this thread discriminatory. Thus, I come to read and post with no sickening feeling at all. Please point out which post and why it is discriminatory.

This thread has an appropriate title. I think you did not understand. No one is trying to figure out the name or address of any officer. Could anyone here after learning who issues most RFE and avoid his case being processed by that officer? I only care about how many officers are there adjudicating 485 cases. It is just gaining another perspective by networking with other members. And I thought that's what this forum is about.

Ok, so there might be a joke (I don't understand though) in one of the posts. If you do not like the joke, can't you just mention that and remove the joke?

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked what tr22 did.. and what stones did too.
In fact appreciate his taking time still to update in spite his aproval. I do not see this regularly , but remeber to have seen update even a day or two back. I thouht I saw stones approval quite sometime back.

Reason:
I donot care what those numbers are, but thought I am getting a feel of how many officers are working on 485 cases. I assume every officer will put some RFE at least. Not that all will get reported here, but I assume 80/90% will get reported here. That made me think there are some thing like 14/15 people working on 485. It is very similar to the data consolidation effort by goastros.
Does it help approval process any way -- No
Does it give a hang of the situation -- Yes
I am too far away to worry about all these , having an ND of Oct2003, but still enjoy watching things come closer.

Does the officer number matter??

To me no . That is just another number just like those SRC numbers. The status associated with those are nothing confidential untill we link that to a person.

I am not a frequent vistor in this thread, so if I missed some specific post with refernce to which Jaxen has his remarks, Please ignore this.

Thanks
--pr

Disagree with jaxen

I feel this is a useful thread. It gives us an idea of how many officers are working on RFE issues. The officer # does not matter - does not make sense either (no pattern).
And I don't see any discriminatory comments on this thread.
Please keep it updated.

Jaxen
I think so posting more than 5000 messages you have gone sick.
This is different way of thinking. These numbers can be correlated to atleast no of approvals in TSC and can guage a general approval trend. Don't abuse your moderating powers..

Ok,Ok I am sick. Will not delete this thread. I know green card processing is bit on the obsessive side. All is fair in love and war.:eek:

jaxen's Dadagiri

jaxen, I am glad you agree with us now. when tr22 started this thread, I too did not see any use of this information, but my views changed as more and more information was posted here.

Re: disagree

Originally posted by davh
I disagree with Jaxen too.

This gives comfort and hope to folks in 2002 to see that there are officers working on the cases. The more officers there are the quicker the approvals will be.

And for folks like me who are stuck with an officer I have used this information to contact the congresspeople to say that there are other officers who are working but what happened to mine.

You can feel the way you want to but I don't think it would be necessary to close this thread.

I agree with you. We are 2002 filers and need to know more about this blackbox. It just makes feel comfortable than knowing nothing. By simply counting different officer# we get grip of how many are processing I485. I also agree that we should not try to make a pattern for any specific officer.