NSEERS at JFK AirPort, help please.

maniadoc

Registered Users (C)
I travelled to US for 1st time on May-2nd , 2007 & was NOT aware of NSEERS.

At JFK airport immi officer took my I-94 & costom form, asked some Qs, then stamped I-94 with 6 month entry stamp & gave it to me.--- He DID NOT advise me to go for NSEERS nor did he wrote any FIN# on my I-94 or on passport.

Then I took my luggage & moved out of JFK airport.
I returned Pakistan on May-10th, 2007 from JFK, again lady at check-in counter took my I-94 BUT DID NOT say anything about NSEERS. I boarded the plane.

When I reached Pakistan a friend told me about NSEERS.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also emailed US Embassy, they thought that I was registered on entering & failed to registered my DEPARTURE so they replied “it APPEARS that you failed to comply with departure procedures & so are PRESUMED to be ineligible to enter US, & you MAY apply for new visa …….”

I emailed then again clearifying that I was NOT given any FIN# etc, but they are not replying !!!.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

*So i missed ENTRY registration, so DEPARTURE reg. was not needed !!! *Whether this reply from embassy means they CANCELLED my visa ???

(I have 5 year multiple B1/B2 visa.)

How this pans out, you will only know when you visit the US again. Just like I told you in your PM addressed to me, the officer at the POE upon entry did not send you for registration. POE officers can (and do) use their discretion with regards to SR. Had you been registered upon entry and then you forgot departure formalities, then you would have been in trouble.
Good luck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks S K Ghori.
i totally believe in what u said in e-mail. i was just hoping to get someone who may have had same situation as mine.
=================================
by-the-way do u know if they take fingerprints & photo again at NSEERS counter -or- the ones from 1st counter(US-VISIT) are sent to NSEERS database (specially at JFK ).

I'm asking this because at O'Hare airport chicago both US-VISIT & NSEERS are done at same counter & same officer gives u FIN#.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, US-VISIT requires only both index fingers to be scanned. Whereas NSEERS requires all ten fingers. Mind you, I never went through either process, so I am merely speculating.

I travelled to US for 1st time on May-2nd , 2007 & was NOT aware of NSEERS.

At JFK airport immi officer took my I-94 & costom form, asked some Qs, then stamped I-94 with 6 month entry stamp & gave it to me.--- He DID NOT advise me to go for NSEERS nor did he wrote any FIN# on my I-94 or on passport.

QUOTE]

This is for the benefit of the NSEERS travellers. Recently went to Canada (by land) and forgot to register Departure. Upon reentry to US, the officer send us in for the interview and told us as this was a first time mistake he will let us in. He than said that forgetting to register the Departure is a violation and they have the right to refuse entry. He cleared our violation on the computer and did the index finger print and a photo and after that let us in. The whole process took 2-3 hours !!