NSC - Plastic Tracker

I too got my card on 3/11. My card was approved when I was out of the US. One thing worth mentioning was that my card was sent to my old address inspite of me sending AR-11 by registered mail to notify INS of my new address. Luckily there was no "return service requested" note on the envelope or else my card would not have been forwarded to me.

I entered through SFO yesterday and the POE inspector at SFO did not seem to know a whole lot about the I-551 stamp but he was a very nice and polite person. I took out my (attorney's) original copy of 485 approval notice before things could go any further. Once he saw that notice, he went for the stamp and stamped my PP.

mi2004,

Thanks. So, it seems, if it is sent to the old address, it may be forwarded to the new address by UPS.

In your case, you still needed to call USCIC and inform your change of address. Filing AR-11 is a different requirement. It does not lead to update of the address in your I-485 cases.

-skjun02

sairam1 said:
A day (actually less than 24 hrs) after I mentioned in the message above that my daughter's status has remain unchanged since stamping, it changes.

We received the emails today that said "On March 14, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."
.... and on 3/19/05, we received our daughters cards as well ...

Cheers and good luck..

skjun02,

I agree with what you say but I received a letter from USCIS that my address was changed to my new address ... But that had actually not happened .... But anyway ... I got that card ..

Me and my wife both got our passports stamped in December. My wifes card was mailed immediately in January(just in a month! :rolleyes: ). I am still waiting.

So gaddipatti, i m also in same boat as urs.

gaddipatti said:
My wife's status changed to card mailed, still no change in my status.

Has anyone had this problem where the dependent received the plastic card first. Also how the heck can I get stamped on 08/05 and not get the card yet??? I guess I will give it a couple of weeks and call them to ask about my card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sandkit,

where did you get the PP stamped? Was it a direct approval or an interview? I know the interview cases get thier cards fairly sooner. Thanks

Goni

I got my passport stamped today.Please update spreadsheet.

I-485 - ND - December 5, 2002
I-485 - AD - February 28, 2005
Passport stamped - March 21,2005

My wife's I-485 is still pending :mad:

It was a direct approval. No interviews. We got it stamped at Kansas CIty INS office.

goni said:
Hi Sandkit,

where did you get the PP stamped? Was it a direct approval or an interview? I know the interview cases get thier cards fairly sooner. Thanks

Goni

when will i receive the card?

Both mine and my wife's LUDs were updated to "On March 22, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready"

How long does it take to receive the card?

Our I-485's were approved September 2004 and stamped on 9/25/2004.

Thanks

please clarify about plastic card

Gurus,

After the 485 approval, what triggers the plastic card issuing process? Does 485 approval automatically adds one to the queue? I also heard that after passport is stamped, it is the local office that requests a card. Which of those two is true? Please comment.
Thank you.

Guys,

For those who have not had a stamp for more than 7 mths and haven't received their GC yet, send in a G731N. We should have gotten our cards by now. If you haven't received yet it means there is a problem and we have to initiate a query to find out what is happening with our card. I did the same on Friday.

I got an email saying a card was ordered for me on 3/23.
PSD: 9/28/04

My spouse (PSD: 11/17/04) is still waiting.

G731n

gaddipatti said:
Guys,
If you haven't received yet it means there is a problem and we have to initiate a query to find out what is happening with our card. I did the same on Friday.
Hi Gaddipatti,

Can you let me know for inquiry of Card, did you send Page 1 or Page 2 of G731N or sent both the pages. Also on P/2 what details you provided in columns Form Type, Receipt Number, Date Filed. Did you put LIN # and dates of 485 application. Thanks.

I just filled Page1. I dont think we need to fill Page2 as we are inquiring about the current status of our card.

Also I did not do it, but is advised that you send the mail by certified post. This way you know for sure that it reached them else they can always BS us by saying they never received it.

Hope my reply helps.

Card Ordered

The online case status changed to 'Card Ordered' yesterday. I also got an email indicating the same(myself and spouse).

I did send the G731N form on 03/10/2005 inquiring about the physical card status. (I had earlier sent the G731N form in Dec 2004, but it had no effect)

Hopefully the card will arrive soon. Hopefully they don't send the card to my old address.

AD: 06/17/2004
SD: 06/23/2004
Card Ordered: 03/23/2005

gaddipatti said:
I just filled Page1. I dont think we need to fill Page2 as we are inquiring about the current status of our card.

Also I did not do it, but is advised that you send the mail by certified post. This way you know for sure that it reached them else they can always BS us by saying they never received it.

Hope my reply helps.
Thanks gaddipatti

Message changed to card ordered

Message changed to "we ordered you a new card" for myself and my wife. Looks like 6 months is the minimum waiting time for card, I did my passport stamping on 10/04/04.

Thanks

The wait time seems to be gradually decreasing. Previously it was guranteed 9 months . Its now come down to 6-7 months.