NSC - Plastic Tracker

Question to Jseb about address change

Hey Jseb
congrats on getting your card !

How did you go about updating your new address to NSC ? Through the regular AR-11 and 1-800-phone line ? Or did you send a separate letter to NSC?

WHen I called yesterday and told them I am changing my address, the lady on the phone said nothing can be done about the address as the case has already been approved, so she cannot make any changes to the address.

I found that weird ( as I do about everything that USCIS does)

Card Ordered

Case Status

On March 1, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Details:
I485 Approval date : 07/19/04.... NSC/EB2
I485 Stamping date: 08/02/04.... Stamping done in Minnesota
Current status- See the message above. Plastic card ordered by INS on March 1 2005.

Whoever started this thread, Thanks to him. It has been useful in tracking the plastic card. Please update the excel file.

Card Inquiry

kharghosh,

I called National Customer Center for Address Change and also Submitted AR-11 at the same time. They updated my address and send a letter stating, you will receive card within 8-10 months. I received the card within 8 months of my I-485 approval.

In my opinion, there is no point to contact them frequently.

Card Received!

The card was received on 02/28/2005. It has been 252 days.

The IIO didn't give me any useful information when I talked to a lady officer one month ago. I asked her why I haven't received the welcome package, she told me that I won't get it since my 485 was approved by the local office. She was completely wrong.

Card Ordered

Got emails from INS
At least they are predictable in this job (sending physical card), taking 7-8 months :) . To me there is no point to contact them, unless there is change in address.

Finally, I am hoping, this is an end to GC process.

Thanks guy.

I received email msgs from USCIS saying that the cards have been ordered for both my wife and I today.
We sent out forms to inquire our PR status last month and I called INS to update my address 2 weeks ago. Not sure if one of these action trigger it.

Why Nebraska is slow

did anybody knows why Nebraska is slow in issuing cards, In other centers they generally issue cards within 3/4 weeks time

:confused: :confused:

It looks like Nebraska is issuing cards around 8 months after approval date (give or take a couple of weeks). Jagabalia is right. I used to check it every day, but now, I am not going to bother until end of July as we were approved mid December 2004.

Please add my details to the spreadsheet

Hi Everyone,

Was too busy with work and could not visit the forum for a while. Also once you are approved the attitude changes.

It has been over seven months since I got my approval. No sign of the plastic card as yet. I do not really care if it is not for my intended travel out of the country during July/ August'05. That is when my one year of stamping gets expired.

So to see what is going on with my card, I called up national service number and I was transfered to an Immigration officer. He asked me to wait till June and still not got my card, advised me to send an enquery form. But I decided to send the form immediately and did it last week.

Going by the postings in this thread, it looks like that everyone is getting their respective cards in about 8 months after the approval. If this holds good then I am very close to 8 months since the approval. I will update my status here if there is any change.

I request someone to update the spreadsheet with my details.

AD : 08/02/2004
Stamping Date : 08/09/2004

Thank you and good luck !

Sachdev

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi My 485 was approved on march 25th 2003, and pasport stamped on april 5th. I called USCIS about 3 months back, they said it takes about 1 year to get my card.

I am close to 1 year now, still thinking whether to call them again or not. Last time responce was not good from them. Are they giving more information in details these days? Some one in this forum was saying that, they were trasfered to an immigration officer, they didn't do that to me last time, only the cust rep responded.

any suggesions?

That some one is me !

My call went to a service rep initially. When I told her that I have not received my card and also the welcome kit that they are supposed to send prior to sending the card, she transfered me to an immigration officer. I do not know why she did it, I never asked for it.

Try calling them again ! Good luck !

Regards,
Sachdev

Last edited by a moderator:
Card Received

:) :) :)
Me and my wife received cards today.
This ends the journey for Green Card, I am relaxing and think about BCIS after 4.5 years for citizenship.
Best wishes for all of you. :) :) :)

Details
I 485 RD 6/10/2002
GC Approved 7/1/2004
PP stamped 7/13/2004
Card Ordered 2/24/2005
Card Mailed 3/01/2005
Card received 3/04/2005
:) :) :)

Excel File

Hi Sachdev,

Please update your info from page 38 Excel file (user -chq). You updated a wrong file contains less data than the previous one. A lot of updates has gone now.

jseb said:
Hi Sachdev,

Please update your info from page 38 Excel file (user -chq). You updated a wrong file contains less data than the previous one. A lot of updates has gone now.

Thanks jseb.
I have updated the excel sheet as per your suggestion. I am sorry if I have messed up anything.

On 03/04/2005 one of the family member's online message was updated. It now reads to mean that Card has been ordered.

Regards,
Sachdev

Update on card ordered

An update on Card Ordered

Case status

On March 4, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case Status

On March 1, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Details:
I485 Approval date : 07/19/04.... NSC/EB2
I485 Stamping date: 08/02/04.... Stamping done in Minnesota
Current status- See the message above. Plastic card ordered by INS on March 1 2005.

Whoever started this thread, Thanks to him. It has been useful in tracking the plastic card. Please update the excel file.

Thank you everyone. Best wishes to you all. Just an added piece of information. When I went for stamping, the officer said it would take about 12-15 months to get the card. When he said it, I was shocked and to some extent disappointed. But talking with other officers from NSC, I learned that it would take about 7-8 months. It was exactly seven months after stamping date, the card was ordered.
Another observation: that those who are called for an I485 interview seem to get the plastic card in less than two months whereas for those who received the approval online, it seems to take longer than six months.