NSC - Plastic Tracker

There is this one theory of I-551

I know I have been spending wait too much time on this; it is just addictive. Based on what I read and heard, it is somewhat clear to me that I-551 is basically mailed with-in either 4 weeks or 10 months. The reason of this timeline discrepancy has something to do with one's application filing location and procedures. Is this the case?

Approval date: Feb 10 2004;
passport stamped: sometime in March (2004)
card issued: today (oct 13, 2004)

gatos said:
Approval date: Feb 10 2004;
passport stamped: sometime in March (2004)
card issued: today (oct 13, 2004)

Congratulation! ;)

Thank you very much for your information. :p

PS: passport stamped: sometime in March (2004)
:D 3/15/2004 :confused: OK :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I called the USCIS 1-800-375-5283 on 9-23-2004, I got nothing.
:rolleyes:

Maybe No News Is Good News! :D

Updated the attachment file.

Approved Date : 10/08/2004
Stamped on : 10/20/2004 at Bloomington,MN
Updated Familily information in the Excel Spreadsheet

savitra500 said:
Approved Date : 10/08/2004
Stamped on : 10/20/2004 at Bloomington,MN
Updated Familily information in the Excel Spreadsheet

Welcome! ;)

Updated with your infor
:D

IDreams,

It seems that some info in the Excel file is missing.

A couple of weeks ago, I asked you to include my info. But now it's gone

Thanks
jw_dm

jw_dm said:
IDreams,

Thank you jw_am.

;)
Sorry for this. Some one had updated my computer. Now I find the right file.

If I miss something, please let me know. Thanks.
:D

got my plastic card

Finally received our plastic cards. I got mine on 16th , but somehow my sons' card was sent to the old address and that was redirected to me yesterday.

karao76 said:
Finally received our plastic cards. I got mine on 16th , but somehow my sons' card was sent to the old address and that was redirected to me yesterday.

What was your approval date?

karao76 said:

Congratulation ;)

Los Angeles office Stamping Question

I live in the Orange County in the greater LA area. The local USCIS office for me is Santa Ana. Now the USCIS letter I got states that I need to go to the office located in downtown LA. And it does not mention anything about InfoPass procedure, it just states that I can go anytime between 6AM to 12PM M-F. Here are some questions,
1. Will it be a problem if I schedule an appointment and get my passport stamped in Santa Ana Office? Will there be any effect on the Plastic Card delivery? Remember the approval letter says Los Angeles office.
2. If the letter does not talk about Infopass, do I still need to get Infopass appt.?
3. The ADIT picture procedure specifies picture to be taken of right side of your face, Costco told me there is a new procedure on picture. It is the front side face and they said it should work. Any inputs???
Thanks in advance for any valuable input.

GCBored said:
I live in the Orange County in the greater LA area. The local USCIS office for me is Santa Ana. Now the USCIS letter I got states that I need to go to the office located in downtown LA. And it does not mention anything about InfoPass procedure, it just states that I can go anytime between 6AM to 12PM M-F. Here are some questions,
1. Will it be a problem if I schedule an appointment and get my passport stamped in Santa Ana Office? Will there be any effect on the Plastic Card delivery? Remember the approval letter says Los Angeles office.
2. If the letter does not talk about Infopass, do I still need to get Infopass appt.?
3. The ADIT picture procedure specifies picture to be taken of right side of your face, Costco told me there is a new procedure on picture. It is the front side face and they said it should work. Any inputs???
Thanks in advance for any valuable input.

You have to go with the Infopass appointment letter. Go to infopass.uscis.gov, give your zip code then get an appointment date for your nearest USCIS office and take the print out of it. You have to go with new photograph specification. Dont go by the approval notice. This is what my experience and it also posted in murthy.com. See below the list of things, you have to go with.

1. Passport
2. New style photographs (front face)
3. I485 Approval copy (courtesy copy)
4. I-94
5. Old EAD's
6. Old AP's
7. Infopass Appointment Letter (Must)
8. Driving License

Received "welcome letter" yesterday

Hi all,

I am delighted to update that USCIS has finally sent me two "welcome Letters" after 7 long months. My feeling is definitely bittersweet: 7 torturous months of waiting has finally come to an end. Special thanks to each and everyone of you.

Timeline:

AOS approval (family based): 3/17/04
Stamping: 6/25/04
Welcome Letter: 10/21/04

Called 1-800 number, they took my A# and LIN#, they are sending Welcome letter, according to them I should get the letter in 30 working days.
My wife and kids are not approved yet. Lady on the phone told me to call after 90 days since still they are processing May 2002 cases and my 485 was filled in Aug 2002.

Let us wait for some more time.
In Hindi we say:
Haathi Nikal Gaya Puch Rahain Gayee hain.
Aug 2002 RD/ND
Approved 07/2004
Welcome Kit : Yet to receive.
Card : No sign yet.

Airport transit VISA - Germany

Hi.

I'll be travelling to India from US, via Frankfurt. I have my Permanent residency stamp on my passport (valid till May, 2005). But have not yet rcvd the plastic card.
Germany consulate website says that, if you have "permanent residency permit", then you do not require visa.
When I called their office, they said that, since I do not have the physical card, I do require Airport transit visa. They indicated that, it'll only take them 5 days to send my passport back.

Anybody has any experience with it? Do I need to send them a copy of my I-485 approval letter, or the stamp on passport is good enough? When I apply for the Airport transit visa, do I send any thing other than the required documents (as stated in their website)? If you can please share any experience on this, will be much appreciated.

Thanks.