NSC - Plastic Tracker

why it takes so long for Plastic card?

do they go and check some additional things or they simply have piled up cases that they can't catch up, why they don't distribute to different centers!

gheewalabhai888 said:
do they go and check some additional things or they simply have piled up cases that they can't catch up, why they don't distribute to different centers!

Who knows how they work? :D

Some of my friends got their cards only in one month, but others have been waiting for more than 10 months. :eek:

gheewalabhai888, since you already waited 205 days, I wish they are making your card right now. ;)

Wish all have a great weekend. :p

Travel

Before the I-485 approval I used to think the hassle is over pretty much. While planning for trip to back home, looks like more hassle when you don't have the plastic card but I-551 stamp. Pretty much all Europeon countries need visa for permamnent residence of USA who has stamp but not the card.

When you have F1, H1 visa UK, german did not need visa. Now you do coz you are a permamnet resident without plastic card. Isn't this ironic?

Anyway, updated sheet with my info..

Card Ordered

Now the message has been changed as below.

Current Status:

On August 26, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Called the UCIS last week and enquired about the card.. he took all my information and he was making a status inquiry and aks me to wait for 30 days and if don't hear anything give them call on 31st day.. and my Online msg has been changed very next day, after that inquiry saying that they sent the status inquiry and now it has been changed to the above msg.. Looks like the calling them is worth :)

dwak_2000 said:

Current Status:

On August 26, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Called the UCIS last week and enquired about the card.. he took all my information and he was making a status inquiry and aks me to wait for 30 days and if don't hear anything give them call on 31st day.. and my Online msg has been changed very next day, after that inquiry saying that they sent the status inquiry and now it has been changed to the above msg.. Looks like the calling them is worth :)

Congratulation, dwak_2000,

After waiting for 260 days, finally, you get good news that your card has been ordered.

You are the first one to get the good news in our group. Wish all of us get our cards soon.

;) :D :) :p

Last edited by a moderator:
dwak_2000 said:

Current Status:

Hi, dwak_2000,

Did you get your card?
;)

Card Ordered for Spouse

My wife received notification on August 30 stating that the case was approved (whatever that means - I do not why the case has to be approved again after we have had our passports stamped on July 14).

And then yesterday received another notification that her card is in the mail.

I still await my "approval" and "card".

I shall update when she receives the card.

Changed address

Called USCIS to update the change of address, She said she will send the status enquiry and that will update the address.

Today online msg has been changed saying that they have replied to my query and I should receive a letter regarding that.

Will post once I get the letter.

SD - 6/15/04

yannahalli said:
My wife received notification on August 30 stating that the case was approved (whatever that means - I do not why the case has to be approved again after we have had our passports stamped on July 14).

And then yesterday received another notification that her card is in the mail.

I still await my "approval" and "card".

I shall update when she receives the card.

PSD:7/14/2004 51Days

;) Congratulation!

Is the notification on August 30 'A Welcome Letter'?

:confused:

By the way, where your passports were stamped?

karao76 said:
what happened, the list was much largera few days back? I dont see my info also

;) Hi, your infor is there and your name's color is blue.

karao76 1/20/2004 2/5/2004 211
:D :D

Card

Does the online message on USCIS web site changes from "I-485 approved" to something else once you get your passport stamped.

We got stamped on 8/25, and out I-485 approved on 8/19. Now, I see the LUD changed on 8/31, first time since the application got approved.

Does anybody had similiar situation. Did you online message or LUD changed ater your passport stamped.

I am guessing that nebraska received the application for card from the local USCIS, and they updated their system. Thats why LUD changed.

What do you think? Please post...

Sahin said:
Does the online message on USCIS web site changes from "I-485 approved" to something else once you get your passport stamped.

We got stamped on 8/25, and out I-485 approved on 8/19. Now, I see the LUD changed on 8/31, first time since the application got approved.

Does anybody had similiar situation. Did you online message or LUD changed ater your passport stamped.

I am guessing that nebraska received the application for card from the local USCIS, and they updated their system. Thats why LUD changed.

What do you think? Please post...

Yes, the LUD changed after my passport stamped.
:D