NSC - Plastic Tracker

mugdha2100 said:
Hi Guys,

I am back from India. With I-551 stamp, you surely can travel without transit visa with Northwest-KLM airlines.

My question is, Shall I call USCIS for the card status? or for any other reason that I do not know. My online status is still "got response to the RFE etc etc..". I heard something about welcome kit.. what is that? and how should I get it?

Please let me now.

Thank you,
Mugdha.

My status was changed last week to Card Order, it took full 8 months to see that. I called them 4 times in between, nothing happened. They just used to send me a letter saying it will take 12 to 18 months. I just recently moved to a house and sent out AR11 and called them to change the address on file. Right after a week from that, My LUD changed and I received an email from them saying Card Ordered.
So there is no point just calling them and asking, send something written like AR11 or if not moved than G731N etc. That should help expedite it.

Hi, My dear friends,

I just check my family’s I-485 status on USCIS website, which indicated that my wife’s card was sent on 28/01/05 and kid’s card was ordered on 28/01/05. However, my status is still frozen on 11/01/04. :D

We were stamped together on 06/15/04, and today is our exact 230 waiting days.

IDreams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call the # and Talk to IO (Real IO)

Just call the customer service # and told them that I am waiting for my card for more than 6 months, they transfered me to the real Immigration officer, officer asked me my alien # and name and told me that the card is ready and they just haven't send it.

So just make a copy of the passport stamp and send it to the NSC or mail the G-731 form and expect a quick reply.

Thanks

IDreams said:
Hi, My dear friends,

I just check my family’s I-485 status on USCIS website, which indicated that my wife’s card was sent on 28/01/05 and kid’s card was ordered on 28/01/05. However, my status is still frozen on 11/01/04. :D

We were stamped together on 06/15/04, and today is our exact 230 waiting days.

IDreams.
Congrats IDreams. So it was over 7 months wait for your family to get status changed to Card Ordered / sent. Hope you will get yours also soo. Good luck.

sunks said:
Congrats IDreams. So it was over 7 months wait for your family to get status changed to Card Ordered / sent. Hope you will get yours also soo. Good luck.

Dear sunks,

Thank you very much.

Hope you will get yours soon too.

:p

PS: Wife's card received yesterday. :D

chicago_gc said:
How do you know when your plastic card is ordered???
Someone please let me know

Finding the Status of Your Case
If you have an application receipt number, you can check the status of your case online. https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

Case Status Portfolio with Updates via Email

USCIS Customers (single applicant) and Representatives (representing many cases, such as lawyers, charitable groups, or corporations) who require regular access to status information about multiple cases can create an account to more conveniently access this information. The services provided are identical, except Representatives may also enter their own internal office tracking number with each receipt number.

In addition, you can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email.

:D
Example:

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On January 1, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

:D

Got the card

Received the card in mail.

Stamp date - Jun'04
Address changed - Sep'04
Card ordered - 25-Jan-05
Card Mailed - 28-Jan-05
Card received - 31-Jan-05

Pathik said:

Stamp date - Jun'04
Address changed - Sep'04
Card ordered - 25-Jan-05
Card Mailed - 28-Jan-05

Congratulation :p

Is there a pattern on how long it takes to get the actual "GC" or is it just random luck like everything else with this immigration process??
Thanks!!!!

Pathik said:

Stamp date - Jun'04
Address changed - Sep'04
Card ordered - 25-Jan-05
Card Mailed - 28-Jan-05

Did you do any inquiries after you stamp and before your card was ordered ??

Wife’s card was received on 31/01/05 and kid’s card was sent on 01/02/05.

My status is still frozen on 11/01/04. :D

Call the 1800......, was told that the system was updated and call back late or tomorrow. ;)

I find the 1800... has a new touch tone function, which can lead you to inquire green card directly.