NSC Not Touching Concurrent 140 Cases

pablasingh

Registered Users (C)
Talked with the customer representative at NSC today. Usually they do not provide much useful information. This one was a little more insightful. Here are the responses:

- Currently there is NO processing of concurrently filed cases at NSC. Other types (e.g. CP) are being processed withing days.
- NSC has re-directed some resources to clear the 485 backlog of applicants who have already recieved fingerprint notices. Idea is to process their cases before theire FPs expire. The safest assumption is that the concurrrent 140/485 cases will be processed after all the previously filed 485s (who have recieved FP notices) are adjuidcated.

Dont know what to make of this. There were lots of ifs and buts in the conversation. I have no idea how much 485 backlog needs to be cleared before concurrent cases procesing will begin.

pablasingh,

have a look at cocktails case in this thread, he was a concurrent filed case in feb 2004, 140 approved without any RFEs and now he has an RFE on the 485 which means that they are processing concurrent filed cases recently also. its just that this all is very random. also cocktail mentioned today that his colleague with same rd/nd got 140 approved today in another thread , so they are processing concurrent filed cases. the customer service reps at USCIS are the worst people to talk with because they dont have any info whatsoever. they just look at dates and reports and give you an answer. they really never know how the processing is going on.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=128437&page=4&pp=15

it seems very unlikely that they would wait for the backlog to reduce before proceeding with concurrent cases. I have personally seen at least two other concurrently filed cases with I140 approvals in the Oct timeframe. I am not sure if this info is right.

iknowitall

the cocktails case is the only one I have seen where a concurrent 140 has been processes. This seems to be one of thousands and quite out of order - so not sure how and why this got processed (but good for cocktails). Unless we see some proof that NSC has picked up the cases from sept 03 and re-started 140 processing, any random approvals do not carry any weight.

I hope they start processing soon. My case was filed in November.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. Untill now the Ohata memo seems to have done more bad then good to people in our situations.

pablasingh said:
Talked with the customer representative at NSC today. Usually they do not provide much useful information. This one was a little more insightful. Here are the responses:

- Currently there is NO processing of concurrently filed cases at NSC. Other types (e.g. CP) are being processed withing days.
- NSC has re-directed some resources to clear the 485 backlog of applicants who have already recieved fingerprint notices. Idea is to process their cases before theire FPs expire. The safest assumption is that the concurrrent 140/485 cases will be processed after all the previously filed 485s (who have recieved FP notices) are adjuidcated.

Dont know what to make of this. There were lots of ifs and buts in the conversation. I have no idea how much 485 backlog needs to be cleared before concurrent cases procesing will begin.

If that's the way they know to reduce backlogs - so be it, the least they can do for us is to allow us to use AC-21 prior to 140 approval. Every move of theirs to reduce backlogs just proves to be another disaster in the making - the latest being the Ohato memo

Doing applications from February,2004

Read in some other thread that they are approving cases from Feb,2004.
Take your pick as to why?
1.They do not enjoy the winter months of June,July2003....Jan2004
2.They like the letters F,E,B in February
3.Backlog is defined as all application starting February 2004
4.They suck,Period....
My choice is 4.Everytime these genius guys come up with something
(read Ohata memo) they screw up even the normal processing. :mad:

gcbandwagon said:
Read in some other thread that they are approving cases from Feb,2004.
Take your pick as to why?
1.They do not enjoy the winter months of June,July2003....Jan2004
2.They like the letters F,E,B in February
3.Backlog is defined as all application starting February 2004
4.They suck,Period....
My choice is 4.Everytime these genius guys come up with something
(read Ohata memo) they screw up even the normal processing. :mad:

Another Choice

5. February is the only month has less days to work, compared with all other 11 months......... :D :D :D

If NSC is really trying to reduce I485 Backlog, then by the time NSC completes the current I485 backlog petition, all our concurrent I140/485 will accumulate and again it's same

Backlog ..............

lc2003 said:
If NSC is really trying to reduce I485 Backlog, then by the time NSC completes the current I485 backlog petition, all our concurrent I140/485 will accumulate and again it's same

Backlog ..............

Just to complement this information, the backlog before Ohata Memo was 6 months for I-140, now is almost 10 months. This memo got me!
No wander GOD did not give wings for snakes!... As soon I get my I-140 approved, AC-21 on next day! :mad: :mad: :mad:

pabla,your info does seem to be correct.Actually a freiend of mine with
485 ND June 2002 did get his 485 approved.I also read in 485 forum that
they have also approved cases as late as Augest 2002 ,although the
official date still shows as Feb 2002.If we treat cocktail's case as a abberation
,looks like its going to be really a long haul for our 140's.
:rolleyes:

gabandwagon, If the information is correct then our 140 processing time will depend on how many outstanding 485 cases have fingerprints completed.

I know for a fact that not everyone who has filed 485 (before sep 03) has recieved fp notice.

Significant number of FP notice received for FY 2003 concurrent applications, and also part of FY2004 filers.

Hope most of the FY 2003 filers still looking for concurrent adjucations of I140/485 instead of getting first I140 approval then waiting another year or so to get I485 approval.

remember febapp and cocktail have also completed finger printing and were ready to adjudicate their 485s may be that is why also their cases were picked up and the reason they have started with feb applications could be because in february they started sending these fp notices immidiately after the initial review of 140/485 applications, just another theory that seems likely to me. :)

Different queue

I believe the I-140 application queued separately for normal case and special case.
The application from Fortune 50 company may works depend on his position and company’s letter.

NSC I-140 approval very random and very rare !!! SUCKS !!!!!

www.immigrationWatch.com has a chart that tell us that NSC picked up cases with ND in each month in 2003 (and possibly 2004). This is why we are seeing few cases approved in May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec and also Jan 04, Feb 04, until May 04. This could be the reason why their processing dates report showed May 04 which they have "corrected"!!!!. Also the forum also shows someone (i think 2004 filer) approved in 22 days!!!. The only criteria could be "concurrent cases" because some of the non-concurrent I-140 cases (2002) are still pending. After April 04 Ohata memo NSC seems to have stopped processing any I-140 cases.

All this caos are occuring even after the proposed strategy for backlog eliminations!!! :confused: :mad:

I140/I485 ND Dec 17 2003
EAD/AP approved Feb 04
FP done on May 29 2004 . Online status changes in June 2 2004
FP (spouse) in Jul 01 2004. Online status changed in Jul 07 2004
I140 - ??? :confused:
I485 - ??? :(

Its all speculation

No body knows what's happening. I think even the NSC officers do not know what's the plan except for their summer vacation plans.

Longer the backlogs more secure their jobs. The backlogs can only go one way - up.

I think some stupid programmer forgot to
put in the ORDER BY FILING_DATE
in the where clause.As a result they
are picking up cases in the alphabetical order
by names!!!!! :D

gcbandwagon,

I like that ORDER BY :eek: . Someone else said "outsource the GC process to India". That was a good one too !!!