NSC/Columbus(Ohio) N400 Timeline

How do you expect to get your interview letter if you moved? USPS will not forward it to your new address.

I was not aware that USPS would not forward the UCSIC letters. Meanwhile, the attorney's office receives a copy as well.

According to the USCIS representative, the interview notice was sent out after I moved but before I requested it for change.

I guess I have to wait and see it.

name change

Does anybody know the oath ceremony in Columbus, OH is judicial or administrative? I want to change my name. Does it cause delay if I want to change name? From my understanding you can only change name in the judicial oath ceremony not the administrative one.

Any input will be appreciated.

name change

Anyone had name change experience in Columbus DO? Just curious if it takes really long time for oath if you request name change.

How often do they have Oath's in columbus?

Did you get any answers for your question? I want to know the same.

Best wishes.

Did you get any answers for your question? I want to know the same.

Best wishes.

Unfortunately, I did not get any answers.

Did you interview already and waiting for Oath? I have mine end of June.

I requested name change, so I will let you know about my experience once I get the Oath letter!!! Hopefully, someone will respond before that.

Unfortunately, I did not get any answers.

Did you interview already and waiting for Oath? I have mine end of June.

I requested name change, so I will let you know about my experience once I get the Oath letter!!! Hopefully, someone will respond before that.

Thank you, supercomp. I just submitted my application last week, so I will a long way to go. keep my finger crossed!
good luck with your interview, and please can you keep me informed about your name change experience. my email is:wxin25@hotmail.com
Thank you in advance.

Just received a notice for descheduling the interview date. I suspect it was due to the address change out of Columbus area to VA. Now, the jurisdiction USCIS office is in Fairfax, VA for me.

Good luck to those who filed for N400 in Columbus area.

Columbus, OHIO

OK folks, last week I passed my N-400 interview @ Columbus, Ohio location. It went pretty smooth no problems what so ever, immigration officer was very honest and professional. 1st immigration officer went over N-400 application with me then I was asked standard history/civic questions; bottom line the whole thing took around 10-15 minutes. Currently awaiting on N-445 Oath ceremony letter, yupee.:cool:

N-400 Filed Mid Sept 06
FP Completed Mid OCT 06
Interview Letter received April/27/07 Scheduled for Mid June PASSED

N-445 Rcvd ???
Oath ----- ???

OK folks, last week I passed my N-400 interview @ Columbus, Ohio location. It went pretty smooth no problems what so ever, immigration officer was very honest and professional. 1st immigration officer went over N-400 application with me then I was asked standard history/civic questions; bottom line the whole thing took around 10-15 minutes. Currently awaiting on N-445 Oath ceremony letter, yupee.:cool:

N-400 Filed Mid Sept 06
FP Completed Mid OCT 06
Interview Letter received April/27/07 Scheduled for Mid June PASSED

N-445 Rcvd ???
Oath ----- ???

Thanks for posting your experience.

Let us know when you receive your Oath letter. Did you ask for name change?

My interview is scheduled for last week of June. Hopefully, I can get Oath in July.

Sure thing, I will keep you guys posted. Nope, I didn't request name change. I love my name as is :)

As promised ::: My Timeline Columbus, Ohio

I hope I get to see some of you aliens :D @ the Oath Ceremony, wish you guys best of luck. :)

N-400 Filed.....................Mid Sept 06
FP Completed.................Mid OCT 06
IL Received....................April/27/07
IL Scheduled..................1st week of June "PASSED"
N-445 Received..............June 13TH

Oath Ceremony..............July 10th

Last edited by a moderator:
Any recent interivews at Columbus DO? Do Immigration Officer asks specifically about Traffic Tickets?

I am kinda of worried because I have 4 speed tickets in last 6-7 years or so (2 speeding, 1 stop sign, 1 improper passing). Is it too much???

Mine is next week and I am getting little bit nervous. :eek:

Do not worry

Any recent interivews at Columbus DO? Do Immigration Officer asks specifically about Traffic Tickets?

I am kinda of worried because I have 4 speed tickets in last 6-7 years or so (2 speeding, 1 stop sign, 1 improper passing). Is it too much???

Mine is next week and I am getting little bit nervous. :eek:

I had a couple which I declared, and she just aked if they were all payed up( I had enclosed proof of payment, already with the application). No issues at all. Columbus is Cool.

-g

No Worries

I agree w/Gabbar007, Columbus is cool. * To best of my knowledge/experience, no need to worry about minor traffic tickets excluding DUI, DWI, OWI, OVI

Per N-400 Instructions:
If you have been arrested or convicted of
a crime, you must send a certified copy of the arrest
report, court disposition, sentencing and any other
relevant documents, including any countervailing
evidence concerning the circumstances of your arrest
and/or conviction that you would like USCIS to
consider. Note that unless a traffic incident was alcohol
or drug related, you do not need to submit
documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did
not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a
fine of less than $500 and/or points on your driver's
license.

During the course of the naturalization examination, and while you are under oath, the examining officer will ask you the one of the following questions:

- Have you ever...been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, excluding traffic regulations?

OR

- Have you ever been convicted of a crime or offense?

* Good luck on your interview and don't 4get to share your experience w/others.

I had my interview this week.

Interviewer was very nice and professional. Columbus DO is indeed *cool*.

My interview probably lasted 10-15 min. We basically went over application just to confirm if everything was correct. IO didn't ask all yes/no question. Just the selected ones. I suppose it was to save times as there are over 30 yes/no questions at the end.

Then we moved onto history and english test. Again, very simple.

At the end, I was given the form that said I passed the history test and I was recommended for approval. IO said that it will take 4-6 weeks for final decision and they will let me know by mail.

High5 or gabbar, did your IO say the same thing 4-6 weeks for final decision/oath?

Congratulations !!!

Congratulations!!! On passing your interview, Columbus, Ohio rocks. I was told that I should receive notice in the mail within 45 days but I got mine within 3-4 days, every case is different. I say you get your N-445 "Oath letter" by Tuesday July 2nd or 3rd & if I am correct you owe me a party :D, I hope we get to attend same day Oath ceremony i.e. Jul 10th. Congrats again & Good luck.

:D
Congratulations!!! On passing your interview, Columbus, Ohio rocks. I was told that I should receive notice in the mail within 45 days but I got mine within 3-4 days, every case is different. I say you get your N-445 "Oath letter" by Tuesday July 2nd or 3rd & if I am correct you owe me a party :D, I hope we get to attend same day Oath ceremony i.e. Jul 10th. Congrats again & Good luck.

Thanks High5.

I would gladly throw you party if you are right :D It would be even better if I get July 10th date.

I just want to get over with this process as soon as possible.

congratulation! How about the name change option? What did the IO say about that? Any thing? thank you for your reply.

IO didn't say anything. I just had to sign the official papers for name change (2 copies of 1 document stating old name and the new name). Thats about it.

Hopefully, namechange won't delay my oath date. I am hoping to take a 2 week trip back home this december during school break. I am not sure if thats possible with current passport delays.

US Citizen

Finally A US Citizen

|* * * * * * * * * * OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|
| * * * * * * * * * OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|
|OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|