NSC/Columbus(Ohio) N400 Timeline

Received Oath Letter

Thanks CITIN. I did take infopass today, I was told that my case is approved but has been picked randomly for quality control and has been sent to cleveland. There is no time the IO can give me on when the file would be back, one thing he could promise was as soon as the file is back, I will be scheduled for oath.

-g

I received the oath letter today, Oath is on 23rd May at Marconi Blvd. Thanks everyone, especially CITIN for sharing your information.

My timeline:
Applied Mid December'2006
Finger Print 4th January 2007
Interview March 8th 2007
Oath 23rd May 2007

All-in-All 6 Months.

I received the oath letter today, Oath is on 23rd May at Marconi Blvd. Thanks everyone, especially CITIN for sharing your information.

My timeline:
Interview March 8th 2007
Oath 23rd May 2007

All-in-All 6 Months.

Congratulations!!!!!

Also, Thanks for sharing your timeline :D

My timeline:
Interview March 8th 2007
Oath 23rd May 2007

All-in-All 6 Months.

Congrats gabbar singh!, where's the party @?

Columbus, Ohio

My online case status haven't changed yet and it's showing "My case is still pending at NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location". BUT I received my interview letter today :) guess no need for INFOPASS now, interview is scheduled for Mid June. Everything is going in accordance with INS online processing times.

N-400 Filed Mid Sept 06
FP Completed Mid OCT 06
Interview Letter received Today April/27/07 Scheduled for Mid June
Oath ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious if anybody else on this form received Interview letter for the month of June in Columbus, Ohio? Estimating how long is the wait for Oath/Oath letter after the interview IF APPROVED.

N-400 Filed Mid Sept 06
FP Completed Mid OCT 06
Interview Letter received Today April/27/07 Scheduled for Mid June
Oath ???

Last edited by a moderator:
bump for any updates

I made an InfoPass appointment and went in to Columbus CIS. One of two officers I spoke with was very courteous. However, he didn't see any updates. He indicated that I am on a name check que from FBI. Unless it is cleared from the agency, he would not be able to see the status progerss. FYI, I filed my N-400 in late October and FP was completed on Dec 11, 2006.

Any one?

I made an InfoPass appointment and went in to Columbus CIS. One of two officers I spoke with was very courteous. However, he didn't see any updates. He indicated that I am on a name check que from FBI. Unless it is cleared from the agency, he would not be able to see the status progerss. FYI, I filed my N-400 in late October and FP was completed on Dec 11, 2006.

Any one?

Hey wyoon,

Hopefully your fille move soon. High 5 (with priority date in Sept) just got interveiw letter, so you are only couple of weeks away from getting one.

My priority date is in first week of April 07 so I have LONGGGGGG way to go.

Does anyone think if is bad Idea to schedule an Infopass appoiting around Mid-May to find out name check status.

Hi, Sam,

How is your infopass going? Please let me know.

B/c busy on something else recently, I haven't visite this site a while. I just scheduled it tonight or this morning I should say, The appointment time is 10:15am, May 11. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks.
Lily

Sorry, Wyoon,

just found out your post regarding your infopass result. Sorry, you're still under the name check. I'll let you guys know what I find out on my case.

Thanks,
N400NSC

Hi N400NSC!

Busy here as well. Yes, I am still stuck at the name check. InforPass officers do not have an access when it comes to the name check.

Will keep you posted with additional updates.

Thanks.
Sam

Name Check

-Another name check story

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9958267

-Does any one knows if USCIS is scheduling interviews ONLY after the Name Check is complete or same old story i.e. could take longer even if you pass the interview.

* Wonder if following policy ever took effect?? :confused:

Primarily as a result of lawsuits, the USCIS changed their policy in April 2006. Quote:

For purposes of judicial economy, we will promptly cease even to schedule any naturalization interviews until all background checks have been completed in a particular case. This will mean cases will not be scheduled for interview until we have both the results of the fingerprint check and the results of the separate FBI name check process.

Source: http://www.mnllp.com/n400seccheck25ap06.pdf

Hi, Wyoon,

I did infopass this morning, 5/11. I was told my case is still waiting for Name Check. So it's not been processed yet. Now I even admire someone whose case is under name check. The imigration officer suggested I should file a expedite request. He gave me a piece of paper with the instruction and let me drop the package to his office, not by mail. I'll do it. There's no harm anyway. So, I just go ahead scheduled another infopass on coming Monday to drop the docs.

By the way, the officer is very nice. So, if you're concerned or worried your case, please don't hesited, schedule an infopass.

I wonder why the officer didn't offer me the piece of paper or information when I had Infopass two weeks ago.

Keep us posted.

Thanks.
Sam

Hi, Wyoon,

I did infopass this morning, 5/11. I was told my case is still waiting for Name Check. So it's not been processed yet. Now I even admire someone whose case is under name check. The imigration officer suggested I should file a expedite request. He gave me a piece of paper with the instruction and let me drop the package to his office, not by mail. I'll do it. There's no harm anyway. So, I just go ahead scheduled another infopass on coming Monday to drop the docs.

By the way, the officer is very nice. So, if you're concerned or worried your case, please don't hesited, schedule an infopass.

Anyone had name change experience in Columbus DO? Just curious if it takes really long time for oath if you request name change.

How often do they have Oath's in columbus?

Updates

Just spoke with an immigration officer on the phone. I called in to change the address after I moved to VA recently. The officer (who she said was in CA) took the address change and also informed me that my interview letter was sent 5/11/07, which I have been patiently waiting for many months. FYI, USCIS.gov web site still says that my case is still at Nebraska Service Center.

N-400 filed: 10/30/06
FP notice: 11/16/06
FP rescheduled 11/15/06
FP taken: 12/9/06
IL: 5/11/07 (the official letter was not received to date yet.)
ID: 6/29/07 9.30 Columbus USCIS
Oath: ?????

Just spoke with an immigration officer on the phone. I called in to change the address after I moved to VA recently. The officer (who she said was in CA) took the address change and also informed me that my interview letter was sent 5/11/07, which I have been patiently waiting for many months. FYI, USCIS.gov web site still says that my case is still at Nebraska Service Center.

N-400 filed: 10/30/06
FP notice: 11/16/06
FP rescheduled 11/15/06
FP taken: 12/9/06
IL: 5/11/07 (the official letter was not received to date yet.)
ID: 6/29/07 9.30 Columbus USCIS
Oath: ?????

Congratulations!!!

Btw, did you already move to virginia (VA)? If so, are they still allowing to get the interview done at Columbus office?

Just asking because, normally they would move your file to your new DO and have your interview there. Any input from board experts??

If it is not too late, I would move AFTER the interview.

Congratulations!!!

Btw, did you already move to virginia (VA)? If so, are they still allowing to get the interview done at Columbus office?

Just asking because, normally they would move your file to your new DO and have your interview there. Any input from board experts??

If it is not too late, I would move AFTER the interview.

My move was the last day of April. I updated my address on AR-11 using the web. And, finally called the USCIS up after I realize that my attorney's office has not done so. I only found this out by calling them up to update the address. Still I have not received the official notice yet. I am sure it's on its way.

I asked though that I could go to the Oath here in VA/DC area. The officer suggested that I talk to the officer in Columbus at the time of interview.