NSC/Columbus(Ohio) N400 Timeline

Double Confirm..

Yes, I am from Columbus area. Oath is at Belmont Technical college, St Clairsville, OH on 5/2 at 8:30AM. My wife also got same today.

Lucky Me

Yes, I am from Columbus area. Oath is at Belmont Technical college, St Clairsville, OH on 5/2 at 8:30AM. My wife also got same today.

Thanks CITIN. I did take infopass today, I was told that my case is approved but has been picked randomly for quality control and has been sent to cleveland. There is no time the IO can give me on when the file would be back, one thing he could promise was as soon as the file is back, I will be scheduled for oath.

-g

bologna

Thanks CITIN. I did take infopass today, I was told that my case is approved but has been picked randomly for quality control and has been sent to cleveland. There is no time the IO can give me on when the file would be back, one thing he could promise was as soon as the file is back, I will be scheduled for oath.

-g

Wow gabbar007!

This is pure nonsense! Additional "quality checks" ? Wow! After going through the mother of all background checks, name checks, FP checks, etc., they now want to do quality checks? Unbelievable! Are you sure they are not using that as an excuse for the name checks so that you don't file a WOM?

I too heard about those so called "additional/quality checks", but what my IO told me during int. is that ALL files have to be checked by a supervisor. Then when I called the 800# (see my sig), they kind of referred to this phantom additional check, but in the end I couldn't get a definitive answer. During my one and only IP 2 weeks ago, the IO told me that both my wife an I are in line for oath (scheduled for oath). I specifically asked if all sec. checks have been completed and she said yes. Could it be that she wasn't looking at some other screens that the 800# IO's talked about? I don't know. I asked 3-4 times in different ways and she said yes, we're all clear and set to go. Now, 2 guys have already recd. N-445s in Austin (interview timelines 2-3 weeks before me)....

BTW, I live at the San Antonio/Austin thread: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=243815&page=4

All checks comlete

Mario,
All checks are indeed complete, I asked and they confirmed, that includes name check. Columbus, OH is a sub-office of Cleveland, OH. This would be a quality check on whether or not the IO's in Columbus are following the correct process. In a previous IP, the IO told I was waiting the additional check by the suerpvisor, during the latest IP, he told, supervisor approved, but unfortunately my case was randomly selected for the quality check.

Patience, is all we can practice.

-g

Fingerprinting done

ANYONE from columbus area applying?? Would Past Applicants post their timelines so I know what to expect from here on? Thanks.

My timeline so far:

N-400 Mailed: 3/27/07
Priority Date : 4/02/07
Notice and FP Appt Received: 4/16/07
Fingerprinting Given: 4/18/07 (Will call back in a week to make sure its cleared)
Interview Date: ????
Oath: ???

Btw, Columbus fingerpriting office was supernice and very accomodating :)

Priority date 12/12/07, filed in Cleveland, OH. Anybody has similar timeline?

Hi, is there anyone in Cleveland area having similar timeline as mine?

Finger print done: 1/3/07, still waiting for interview letter.

Thanks,

N400NSC

Columbus

N-400 filed: 10/30/06
FP notice: 11/16/06
FP: 12/9/06
IL: ?????? (still waiting)
ID: ??????
Oath: ?????

Hi, Wyoon,

you're even earlier than I am. Have you ever think about Infopass?
Wasn't sure how to do it.

I am not sure how to use it. Do I need to walk into the office at a scheduled time, or can I make a call after an appointment?

I will post here soon after I receive an interview notice letter.

Thanks.
Sam

Hi, Wyoon,

you're even earlier than I am. Have you ever think about Infopass?
Wasn't sure how to do it.

NSC/Cleveland(Ohio) N400 Timeline

Hi, Sam,

I googled "InfoPass". Actually it is a online apointment process. I don't want to wait 2 weeks to see a local officer. I called INS 800# today. I was told Cleveland processing time is Aug. 06. It's too early to process my case which priority date is 12/12/06. :(

So, we have to be patient and just waiting for the slow movement of USCIS.
My son will turn to 18 on August, 07. So, should I just go ahead filing his N400?

Signing

Hi, supercomp,

Do you think I can find out if there is any name check under my case currently in InfoPass or I might just get same answer as I called in.

I asked when I called INS 800# today about if I am under any security check. She said my case has not been processed since currently they're working on the priority date Auguest, 06. If later on, the priority date is Jan., 07 which has passed my priority date 12/12/06. I should call again to find out if there is anything goes wrong. Basicly, she is telling/repeting me everything I can see on INS website.

I thought she (the represent) might have newer updated info in her screen rather then on the same one we can see in public. Looks like we should just wait for the processing time!!??

Hi, supercomp,

Do you think I can find out if there is any name check under my case currently in InfoPass or I might just get same answer as I called in.

I asked when I called INS 800# today about if I am under any security check. She said my case has not been processed since currently they're working on the priority date Auguest, 06. If later on, the priority date is Jan., 07 which has passed my priority date 12/12/06. I should call again to find out if there is anything goes wrong. Basicly, she is telling/repeting me everything I can see on INS website.

I thought she (the represent) might have newer updated info in her screen rather then on the same one we can see in public. Looks like we should just wait for the processing time!!??

From what I have read so far, you FBI name check should've been requested long time ago (usually 1 month of application). I don't think priority date has nothing to do with it.

Depending on the Immigration officer you meet during Infopass, you may be able to find out if it was complete or still pending. As I understand, name check is the biggest delay in processing N-400.

As far as Priority date being Aug 06, there are some people on this board with later priority date who are finished with interview and oath already.

Ok, you mean I can find out more acurate info from InfoPass then just call INS. Then I should schedule it.

Thanks for the info.

Ok, you mean I can find out more acurate info from InfoPass then just call INS. Then I should schedule it.

Thanks for the info.

Hi N400NSC,

Let us know what you find out. I also schedule it for this coming Friday late afternoon. Will let you know what I find out.

Thanks.
Sam

:::::::N-400 - Mid Sept 2006:::::::

Anyone in Columbus, Ohio filed N-400 in Mid Sept 2006? Please share your experience.

I am currently expecting Interview Letter?:mad:?, Online case status shows "My case is still at NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location":(

*Any suggestions / comments, SHOOT :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone in Columbus, Ohio filed N-400 in Mid Sept 2006? Please share your experience.

I am currently expecting Interview Letter?:mad:?, Online case status shows "My case is still at NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location":(

Did you schedule INFOPASS appointment to see whats going on? Is your FBI name check complete?

Most likely, you are stuck in name check. I filed early Oct 2006 and am also waiting for my interview letter. Don't know when the ordeal will end.

// So I see that there are so many of us in the same boat shall we call it "21st century's Mayflower? ;) ".

No I haven't tried INFOPASS yet, I think I'll go ahead and schedule an appointment as soon I get some time on hand. Can anyone please describe the INFOPASS experience @ Columbus, Ohio office & give me some advice on what to go over w/immigration officer. Also will INFOPASS help with the case in any way or does it represent the word INFOPASS meaning is it = Case status online. :mad:

Nice forum very informational, let keep the Mayflower afloat. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
// So I see that there are so many of us in the same boat shall we call it "21st century's Mayflower? ;) ".

No I haven't tried INFOPASS yet, I think I'll go ahead and schedule an appointment as soon I get some time on hand. Can anyone please describe the INFOPASS experience @ Columbus, Ohio office & give me some advice on what to go over w/immigration officer. Also will INFOPASS help with the case in any way or does it represent the word INFOPASS meaning is it = Case status online. :mad:

Nice forum very informational, let keep the Mayflower afloat. :D

During INFOPASS, you will speak to actual immigration officer and he/she will be able to provide you with more detailed information than phone/online status.

Don't forget to specifically ask about name check status (when it was submited, is it done yet, etc).