NSC AUG 2000-RD TRACKER: Pl. Update

Called IIO

I called an IIO again today. My case is still pending and not assigned to anyone. Wondering what is their queueing strategy?

It seems that INS will freeze operations from Monday 9/24/01 till Friday 10/5/01.

No Title

ak0900, did the IIO say anything about why Chicago mainly have not been assigned. I am also waiting...Good Luck.

No

I did not ask this question. The IIO seemed very stubborn. Just to give my status, she first asked me for LIN#, Name, Address, SS#. Other IIOs in past just asked for LIN#.

Also I asked if she can escalate my case. She replied that it is too early to escalate and that I should wait some more time.

I also asked if my A# file and 485 file are together and she did not have an answer for it. ( I read somewhere that there are two files i.e. A# file and 485 file. Before a case is assigned to an officer, both the files have to be combined. Some cases remain pending because of this reason.)

My case is a little complicated. My Labor and I140 were done in TSC as my employer is in TX. But I485 was filed in NSC as I am a resident of Illinois. Recently my company has changed its name. I don\'t care if I get an RFE but the case should not lay idle.

Best of Luck!

No Title

Also different Service Centers could be the reason. My RIR/485 were done in VSC. This could be the reason of delay also.

Good Luck.

What\'s the requirement for a case to be assigned?

Will a dependent case(didn\'t do finger print because of
some reason) affect principal case(finger print is OK)?

some thoughts

I don\'t think that they will look at the case before assignment.

I called IIO several times, no luck. Just the standard answer like
"could be assigned any time soon" or "should hear from them within
the next 30-45 days.". I\'m very frustrated.

Do you know how much time should pass after normal processing time
so that we can let IIOs escalate the case? Did they tell you?

Thank you.

NSC-AUG 2000-RDs Updated on 09/21/01

Please keep posting your missing(??) Informations in the attached AUG 2000-RD Tracker. Also, Please post new records.
Thank you again

CLICK below on NSC-AUG2000.txt

ak0900 and domlur, me too in same boat

ak0900 and domlur,

I\'m also in the same boat as u guys.
My employeer is in California. So my labor and I-140 was done in CSC and now I-485 filed in NSC as I live in Chicago area. Also, Company name change happened so applied I-140 Amendment in CSC(guess NOT reqd-new rule) and it just got approved on 20th Sep 2001 at CSC after 5 months wait. Thank God if they didn\'t transfer our cases to local INS Office. I beleive we all will get approved next week. Let us wait and see.

I know ak0900 is from Chicago area, how about u domlur?
Pl. update us with latest developments ASAP

NSC-AUG 2000-RDs Updated on 09/24/01

Please keep posting your missing(??) Informations in the attached AUG 2000-RD Tracker. Also, Please post new records.
Thank you again

CLICK below on NSC-AUG2000.txt

Only few left in aug

Only few left in aug to be approved. I am one of them. When I talked with IIO I was told mine was not even assigned. We just have to wait.

Pl. confirm if still waiting...

This is the list of waiters as of 09/19/01 from GajVar\'s list. Following folks, please confirm if you are still waiting for 485 approval...

------------------------------
ps1999 *EB2 I 00-239 waiting*
Rafiq1 *EB3 O 00-241 waiting*
pdn EB2 I 00-244 waiting
n8y3ml EB2 C 00-242 waiting
domlur EB2 I 00-245 waiting
GC_WHEN EB2 I 00-252 waiting(www sss)
GCBOUND +EB2 I 00-??? waiting+
ak0900 EB2 I 00-250 waiting
timewaitsfoEB? O 00-251 waiting in local INS
cbj EB2 I 00-255 waiting
cottons EB2 I 00-245 waiting
icy EB2 I 00-??? waiting
newUserNSC EB2 I 00-257 waiting
GajVar EB2 I 00-259 waiting
almosthere*EB3 O 00-264 waiting*
---------------------------------

PS: domlur is still waiting

ps1999 - still waiting

i just got rfe for my wife\'s birth certificate. her bc did not have her mother\'s name. i am going to get affidavit and submit and see what happens.
-ps1999

No Title

ps1999 what about your case? Do you have details on your wifes RFE?

Here is some info on format from web:

Format:

(This affidavit should be notarized)
AFFIDAVIT OF FATHER

I being duly sworn on the 14th day of August 2001 deposes and says that:

1. I am 60 years old and residing at

, India.
2. I am the father of .
3. was born in the city of xxxx, state,
        India on 11st July 1969.
4. is the son of my
        wife.
I declare that under the penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.

(Your parent name )

(Affidavit of Birth)

still waiting(talked to IIO)

LIN-00-256... still waiting. Talked to IIO and this time they said that file is not yet assigned to officer and it is in the area where somebody has to do preliminary checking of all the papers and then if everything is OK will then be assigned. Asked me to wait for 6 more weeks...

details on rfe

as i said, the rfe is about my wife\'s bc. the bc did not have her mother\'s name. question is can, her father or mother or some relatives sign the affidavit in india and can we notarize here ? or it has to be notarized in india only on some kind of stamp paper ?